• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Torneio Nacional Português Wii Resultados e Shoutouts

Red-Blue

Was selected randomly
Now this is very funny... You have an avatar showing a Captain Falcon kneeing a Meta Knight (which in a real competitive Brawl match sounds impossible), yet you feel confused when a Bowser wins a tournament. What you have just said is completely opposite to the message your avatar is trying to transmit to us players, that anything is possible and that you can make it if you try. ^^

Well, I'm probably making too much out of this...
Lolfail. You have ****ty reasoning skills.

Bowser won a tourney, that's sad Portugal. Real sad.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
This was Portugals first Brawl tourney guys. Give them time to get better and they probably will improve a lot. Maybe they should go to Spanish tourneys or the Spanish players come to their tourneys as they are a pretty good country at Smash and it would be great experience for the Portuguese. =]

Also, theDoom. While I agree with you in a way I wouldn't say we're THAT far behind the American players in skill, although we need a lot more experience as a region. I can only recall 4 big tournaments in Europe that have had Brawl as a tournament and only 1 of them had a lot of players from around the continent going to it (tsl4).

Muro

Smash Lord
The comment I'm about to post may be taken as very offensive by some people. There is no harmful intent in this post, it's just my honest opinion.

Watching the tournament videos from this and the tournament in Lyons REALLY contradicts this. Europe is definitely very far behind the US in Brawl, no offense to Europe. The later release date for the PAL version of the game, sure, but that was only a four month difference. The metagame I'm seeing displayed is nearly a year behind us, I'd say. Flayl's Bowser won the tournament without dropping a game, and it really wasn't even that impressive.

All of these players look like they have no idea what they're doing, even the ones who took top placings. I'm sorry, but I'm very worried about the general skill level. The lack of good approaching, defense, punishing, edgeguarding, and reads really depressed me. In a Flayl vs. GSM match, Flayl is falling to the ground helplessly at 200% and GSM does a banana -> grab combo instead of getting the guaranteed smash for a kill. A LOT of instances like this happened throughout basically every match I watched.

Europe really needs to step it up as a region. Don't let Bowser win any more tournaments, guys!
no offense taken, ur right about pretty much everything except saying that europe sucks because portugal sucks, first tourny no experience, that gsm guy is me and yes im still quite bad, not knowing the bowser matchup is not excuse to do what i did in that instance (the grab thing), and another things too, its just im still learning the game and cant concentrate very well so i do silly stuff. I had intended to post vids in and ask for critique but after watching them myself i decided not too cuz the mistakes i make are really obvious, that said, if we can get a community (yes cuz theres no community right now, only like 5 people come to smashboards really..) and get more tournaments i beleive we can improve a lot.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I'm glad you took it well. I wasn't impressed by Kaos and Mr-R either, though.

I understand the nervousness or lack of concentration. Everyone's been there, it's an experience thing. :p

Flayl

Smash Hero
This was our first real tournament and people are saying we're behind in the metagame.

I guess stating the obvious is fashionable now?

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
This was our first real tournament and people are saying we're behind in the metagame.

I guess stating the obvious is fashionable now?
Stop getting all defensive. He said "Don't worry about the overall skill level", I stated that I disagreed.

American players weren't impressed by armada either ... before genesis.

But yeah most of europe sucks at brawl...

:059:
True enough, but it's easier to tell someone's skill level in Brawl because their opponent doesn't look like a combo dummy. If Armada's videos included huge combos on people, they could just say that he's playing bad opponents.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Stop getting all defensive. He said "Don't worry about the overall skill level", I stated that I disagreed.
You're projecting. Nobody here claimed to be really good or anything of the sort. We know we're still developing, we don't need anybody to point that out in a 9 line paragraph.

edit: Technically post instead of paragraph, bleh.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
True enough, but it's easier to tell someone's skill level in Brawl because their opponent doesn't look like a combo dummy. If Armada's videos included huge combos on people, they could just say that he's playing bad opponents.
Of course they could say that but what's the point of it? Videos are no indicator of skill...you can't judge a player based on videos in 99% of the cases. You can only judge the quality of a player by his performance. And Armada's performance in Brawl at Genesis was quite remarkable: 17th (tied with Atomsk, CO18 and DSF) using 90% Sheik doesn't exactly show how europe sucks at brawl, especially since he's not even our best brawl player.

Sure, the skill of US players is higher than those of EU players and the average US player would **** the average EU player but based on the few results we have I'm fairly certain that our best players can compete...even if you're not impressed by their videos. Let results speak ... maybe we'll know more after pound 4 ;)

:059:

Lionman

Smash Champion
America is too cool

"Melee europe sucks"

Armada places 2º in Genesis

Now you say: Europe sux at brawl

loloololollololol

NatP

Smash Ace
I just want to say that on this tournament, I really wasn't trying my best and I was just having fun. I know I screwed up multiple times (not knowing the grab releases for wario, sding INTO the fire, that AWFUL sd on the 3rd match and of course, anytime I roll'd.), but it was just for the lolz. I have no idea how I managed to get that far. :p I was just playing matches and enjoying myself until they finally said I was in the grand finals. I already hadn't expected to get 2nd sooooo I didn't care if I advanced or not.

One more thing, I rather play with portuguese who might suck but atleast play aggressively and don't camp the whole freaking match. ;)

Top Bottom