• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toronto Smash Fans, where can I get Brawl early?

RandomFactor

Smash Rookie
I've been calling around everywhere in Toronto, and I only know of two stores that are doing a midnight launch. They're both EBGames, though.

EBGames @ Yonge & Steeles will be doing a midnight launch. They'll have a ton of extra copies for people who didn't preorder.

Also, the EB at Bayview and Major Mackenzie will be doing a midnight launch, but they're directly in front of a high school and have about 200 preorders. It'll be pretty packed there.

Are there any other locations in Toronto doing a midnight launch?

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
Well, I've been asking around but no stores are telling me when they open, because people who answer phones are jerks.

I preordered from ToysRUs about a week ago, so hopefully I'll be able to get my copy whenever they open (probably 9 or 10).

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Don't bother with the EB Games at Scarborough Town Centre. I've been told conflicting things from different employees, from "I don't know if we're doing anything for the Sunday launch" to "we'll get the game in stock on the Monday". I should probably get some confirmation (seeing as I preordered from there), but I've just been too busy.

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
Certain WalMarts are open 24/7, so yes certain ones would, in a sense, be having
midnight releases

RandomFactor

Smash Rookie
Don't bother with the EB Games at Scarborough Town Centre. I've been told conflicting things from different employees, from "I don't know if we're doing anything for the Sunday launch" to "we'll get the game in stock on the Monday". I should probably get some confirmation (seeing as I preordered from there), but I've just been too busy.
When I went into the Yonge and Steeles EB, the guy was sitting on the phone calling people and telling them about the launch.. Haha. I think it's a sure bet it's going to be happening there. I think I'm gonna go to that one.

Mechageo

Smash Ace
I had quite the adventure where I ended up reserving the game at four locations because for some reason or another, each one would say that they were having a midnight release and then make a change of plans.

It's insane!

Space_Car

Smash Rookie
I've been calling around everywhere I live down town and I don't know of anyone who has a midnight lunch. I'm going to go look around to day for a store that might have put of copy's by mistake like a zellers or something.

I'll keep you posted if I find a place.

Top Bottom