• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Torture Training

boredsmash

Smash Rookie
I remember in my Psychology class, we learned about operant conditioning, which is a process of learning through rewards and punishment for a specific stimuli (first discovered by B.F. Skinner) For Example, imagine a box with a rat and a lever. whenever the rat pushes the lever, a food pellet pops out. the rat is therefore positively reinforced to push the pellet and will push it more. However say we suddenly change the lever so it shocks the rat. The rat is therefore punished for the certain stimuli and will stop pushing the lever.

Now it is time to apply this concept to smash. My friend, Cool, has started to play sheik, but he would have this big flaw of recovering high. So everytime he recovered high, we used punishment by slapping Cool so he is conditioned to recover on the edge. Since this worked out. I thought that this could be applied to more things. For Example, whenever Cool does something good, he is rewarded with a hug from Kinglit. eventually, we will use rewards and punishment to condition Cool into the PERFECT SMASHER.

TheGoat

Smash Ace
kidnap people and have them play melee
the one who loses is executed
we'll all be pros in no time

t3h Icy

Smash Master
For every stock lost, step or push a bear trap. If a player still has limbs after a match, continue to following games.

It didn't help me get better at Smash, but now I get free money. :D

a tree

Smash Rookie
okay biglard, this is not some joke thats "funny", this is serious business! I remember how mew2kinglit started off horrible, but after hearing that insane combos would be rewarded by hugs from kinglit he became pro.

boredsmash

Smash Rookie
I was thinking you could just punish his punishable recoveries, but the slap thing is actually kind of funny.
This is not a joke big lard!
this is science and is not something to be laughed at.
lets have some intellectual discussion please!

boredsmash

Smash Rookie
okay biglard, this is not some joke thats "funny", this is serious business! I remember how mew2kinglit started off horrible, but after hearing that insane combos would be rewarded by hugs from kinglit he became pro.
u need to stop talking

a tree

Smash Rookie
obviously boredsmash isnt aware of free speech, and is trolling. I was just supplying data to prove his point, like a true psychologist!

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
shut the F up "a tree", ur posts are honestly so ******** id rather spend the rest of my life in a room with kinglit than have to read one of ur ******* comments again

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Damn, hitting people when they do silly things?

I usually just like iunno combo people or tell them what they're gonna do if its a blatant mistake they commonly make :laugh:

Mokumo

Smash Ace
as dumb as the op kinda is he has a point. there's a reason why you get a lot better at the game when you play mew2king for a day, it's because he punishes your mistakes every time you make them. when you stop making mistakes, you take stocks off. it's the same idea as getting a hug when you stop making mistakes except not ********.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I punch myself when I mess up techskill stuff.

my knee has gotten really sore from it.

Hydro_Smasher

Smash Journeyman
thats just mean. When I was learning to play ICs last year, I would play peeps from school, and when I wobbled them, they would hit and yell at me, and make me mess up. but if I played fox or falcon and combo'd the heck out of them, they didn't care.

boredsmash

Smash Rookie
as dumb as the op kinda is he has a point. there's a reason why you get a lot better at the game when you play mew2king for a day, it's because he punishes your mistakes every time you make them. when you stop making mistakes, you take stocks off. it's the same idea as getting a hug when you stop making mistakes except not ********.
You are the stupid one!

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
when I continue to do dumb things and get killed by dumb things then yes.

Top Bottom