• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toughest games

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Silver Surfer. Try it.
I mean the hardest games with good controls. Nobody likes playing games that are hard because the camera and the controller are out ot get you.

Although I don't actually know from experience. As a rule, I tend to stay away from games based on movies or T.V. shows.

bob-charley

Smash Apprentice
I seem to recall Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins being pretty challenging towards the end.

Oh, and Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest. The later stages are totally unforgiving, and the Lost World extra stages are completly brutal.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Devil May Cry 3. The levels themselves aren't ALL that hard, but I borrowed it from a friend and it took me forever to even beat the first MINI-BOSS, after which I was determined to buy the game just to beat such a hard game (I'm a sucker for challenges, which is why I do 1% runs in Metroid Fusion). I'd even say the first actual boss is easier than it, really. When they released the Special Edition, they even lowered the difficulty due to it being so hard. Still a very fun game, though. Nothing like slicing the crap out of zombies with ice nunchuks.

Overload

Smash Lord
Contra is pretty difficult I suppose. The original Donkey Kong for NES is challenging too. I was going to say Ninja Gaiden but it was already said as was Battletoads.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I Wanna Be The Guy

keyboard smashing goodness...
roflmao. IWBTG is hilarious. It's frustrating as hell but at a certain point you start to expect things to go wrong and you just laugh at yourself. I never made it all the way through because my friends only dl'd the demo version, but if I played the full version I would prolly still get *****. I've seen vids on YouTube and it's absolutely ridiculous.

Kaizo Mario World is another game in this line that is also full of lulz.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Call of Duty World at War

To be more exact

Difficulty:Veteran
Mission: Blowtorch&Corkscrew

This missions has got to be the hardest in the Call of duty series. Its as if the Grenades from the past games made babies and they multiplied tenfold to take revenge on Private Miller. I had 5 Grenade Indicators at once is a minimum in the opening minutes in the game. 5 is a **** lot and its a death sentence in CoD. This level becomes Work and Skill instead of Skill and Fun. It requires all your thinking capacity and you will get frustrated.

smallwolf24

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0834-2422-8954
hmmm.... hardest game I had was Shinobi for the ps2. got so frustrated at the game that I wanted to break it but I managed to pass it within the month. !@#$ing game.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
God, it has to be Battletoads. Me and my sister have invested well over 30 hours on that evil game when we were kids. We actually played it a year ago for old time's sake, and ended up stuck on the exact same section. I think we made it past the bikes once, but I can't even remember what the next level looked like.

Curse you motorbike section! :mad:

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
halloween, I beat puzzle league super hard plus mewtwo, it gets ez with practice (although the puzzle university is giving me trouble).

anyway pokemon stadium takes 4ever, and the original sonics for gameboy were hard.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
halloween, I beat puzzle league super hard plus mewtwo, it gets ez with practice (although the puzzle university is giving me trouble).

anyway pokemon stadium takes 4ever, and the original sonics for gameboy were hard.
Um, I beat both parts of Pokemon University, but it still takes me twenty tries, and the Super Hard AI is still a challenge.

cutter

Smash Champion

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
[

Its one of the few RPG's for the Wii (soon to be one of many)The difficuilty is brutal on normal. The Hardest part is in the beginning where almost all characters cannot take a hit.

marthmaster59

Smash Journeyman
Pmg my player 2 slot on my ps2 broke! since this is the case, mgs1, because it is now impossible to beat him

Top Bottom