• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Touhou

Stormblast

Smash Journeyman
Lets start some touhou discussion shall we? :)

For people who don't know what touhou is, here is a link to the wikipedia article on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touhou

I´ll start the discussion off by saying that I find Touhou: Imperishable night the most enjoyable game in the series, the music, many characters to choose from, the animation is brilliant(I don't like the style of the later games as much), balanced level of difficulty, the Extra stage is awesome and yeah... this game is just plain awesomeness!

What do you think?

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
I'm playing The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil. So intensely addicting but I can't even go through normal without losing all my lives. It's because I never use my bombs at the right time. Darn my power-up conserving style of gameplay. For some reason, getting bonus points for going close to bullets is just...amazing for me.

Also, don't forget about it's 2-D fighter(?) spin-off. I haven't gotten around to playing it yet though.

Stormblast

Smash Journeyman
I'm playing The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil. So intensely addicting but I can't even go through normal without losing all my lives. It's because I never use my bombs at the right time. Darn my power-up conserving style of gameplay. For some reason, getting bonus points for going close to bullets is just...amazing for me.

Also, don't forget about it's 2-D fighter(?) spin-off. I haven't gotten around to playing it yet though.
I find The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil to be kinda harder than Imperishable Night though there are fewer bullets for some weird reason. Maybe its because I depend highly on the bomb save(when you get hit and bomb before you die) because in Embodiment the time frame for it is much shorter than in IN.

Anyways, I havent beaten Embodiment yet, too busy playing Imperishable Night! :D

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I don't totalt understand how the game works.

Is there any chance for a wii version? I love the scarlet devil theme, and I've never actually played a bullet hell game, so I'm kinda curious about the series.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Yeah, you're right unfortunately. It's to bad that I don't actually buy games for my computer - it's slow enough as it is, and i never liked computer controls. I may need to make an exception for this though. It does come in English, right?

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
There are translation patches for three of the games that I know of. The story is not that important though, there's only a few sentences a stage.

You don't need a high end computer to play them.
Maybe the Touhou Wiki would help. http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Touhou_Wiki
Touhou 6 and up are for Windows.

Levitas

the moon
Not to bump an old thread necessarily, but the most recent touhou games were released today: another official bullet shooter (touhou 12), and an expansion to the fighter SWR.

Today is a good day to be a touhou fan.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I can't wait until someone uploads the SWR expansion. Doujinstyle went down last night while everyone was waiting. So laaaaaaaame.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Oh, it is out. Awesome.

Here's screenies for people:

Top Bottom