• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| Tournament Results & Character Rankings 2012 - The show must go on! |

Luigi player

Smash Master
LOL ''I wanted to shake hands but he said he CPs FD''

ur such a nice guy hahaha
He didn't look at me I guess he was already looking at the stages to think about his CP XD (and before I could say something he already said he CPs FD)
It was really good that I got to play him, because I learned how the play the MU better (now I'm a little more prepared for Gluto ^__^).

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
He didn't look at me I guess he was already looking at the stages to think about his CP XD (and before I could say something he already said he CPs FD)
It was really good that I got to play him, because I learned how the play the MU better (now I'm a little more prepared for Gluto ^__^).

aw thats a compliment 4 me thanks :D

uhm for me its usall that the grand finals are best of 7, i didnt recognized that you wanted to shake my hands, sry magnus xD

BTW would people agree with me and say either gregs or blub is the best falco?

definetely blub (no offense gregs)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Adding Dögüsch results:

82 entrants // 8€ entry

1st Lp [Diddy]
2nd Leon [Marth / Peach]
3rd Calzorz [Snake]
4th Staco [Meta Knight]
5th T [DDD / Meta Knight]
5th Mr-R [Marth]
7th Semifer [Wolf]
7th Orion [Meta Knight]

Contgrats to all who placed well, it was a really stacked tourney.

:059:

Calzorz

Smash Lord
quiksilver's the best samus
lol na , killerjawz has been best samus a long time he got to prove it this tourny tho (first europe tourny) ask 95% of people who played him theyl probs say same

ANYWAY WHY DIDNT YOU COME BLUB

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
I wrote 3 exams this week, so I had to stay at home and study =/

Kasper!

Smash Lord
gawd imagine that samus dittos. Both samus players up b'ing and stalling on both sides of battlefield.

If i witness that live i would definetly throw bottles I DONT GIVE A F***K

Yikarur

Smash Master
QuiKsilver wins, Killerjaws has powerful Jaws but crunching and quiksilver is not a good combination, KJ wouldn't get out of this conflict alife :/

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Yea epic tourney indeed. Uk players too pro. We got best snake, fox, samus, luigi and lucario ;)
Snake - Very likely, but Tay & me not far away ;)
Fox - Who? C.R.Z.? Not sure, crifer placed better and Judge is tied with him @Dögüsch. So they are probably nearly even.
Samus - Tied with QuiK I think, if not behind him.
Luigi - Who? I only know that Desti is a very nice luigi.
Lucario - Are there any other lucarios in Europe xD?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
That's not the topic for this kind of discussion. We have a social thread for that.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Im assuming you entered the BIP2 results as well gheb?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
No, I didn't because it wasn't clarified which characters actually count for the progress of top8 player's tourney performance. If you could confirm stuff I'd update asap.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Singels
1: Mr.R (€225) :marth: :zerosuitsamus:
2: Orion (€135) :metaknight:
3: Istud (€90) :diddy: :popo: :peach:
4: Jumpman :metaknight:
5: Gregs :falco:
5: T :metaknight: :wolf:
7: yaaay :peach:
7: chair :wario:
9: tobi :snake:
9: four swords :lucario:
9: cenel :snake: :metaknight:
9: xonar :zerosuitsamus: :metaknight:
13: lullo :ike: :popo:
13: ivra :snake: :metaknight: :falco:
13: ssj5goten :fox: :metaknight: :marth:
13: River :diddy: :ike:
17: catpuke :link2: :marth:
17: slash :kirby: :ganondorf:
17: shadowtl :metaknight: :toonlink:
17: Kenny :metaknight:
17: ayoub :pit:
17: rog :pt:
17: aqua :falco: :metaknight:
17: hardcorezero :fox:
this is correct, not counting pools characters and characters that didnt help a player win (like cenels falco or orions dedede, respectively)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Updated. ZSS is now right between B and C Rank and I have no idea where to put her 0_o

Lord Chair

Smash Master
No.

If you state 'characters that helped winning matches, but not the ones used in pools' then what if I get first seed using Wario, and win my first bracket set (against a 3rd seed) with Olimar?

What if that opponent played a hard counter to Wario, but was a far worse player regardless?

What if that opponent was actually pretty good?

I don't think we have to make it overly complicated, I'd say that if the consensus is that a certain character played a worthwhile role in someone's matches, it should be noted. I don't think ZSS and DDD should get any credit in these cases, but that's just me.

Yikarur

Smash Master
but it's overall stupid to add ZSS because she was used in one match against a character that's not even listed behind the players name. I don't know how you exactly weight out things in the list but if you really want to add ZSS then with much less points.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I'd say we shouldn't stick to any "numerous" solution or specific clauses to this question/problem and we should just stick to what we "feel" like is correct.
In this case Mr-R used ZSS once, and he already seemed to beat Orion anyway, which didn't even used his main. So I would say ZSS shouldn't be added, because Ramin didn't really need her.

If there was no other way to beat Orion then I think it would be OK to add her.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
I defintely did need her, im not gonna play vs ddd on FD with marth LOL

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I defintely did need her, im not gonna play vs ddd on FD with marth LOL
Well... and you think you'd have lost the tournament without her xD?
Hm... learn the DDD MU pls xD
It can't be OK that you go even with the MKs but loose to a non DDD-Main lol

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
As far as I know the rules are

Pools dont count in character usage
Any character that you used and won with counts as an used character

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Err, it was noted before but yeah, why list a character that beat a character that isn't listed?

If Ramin saw a legitimate reason to pick ZSS, then why not list the legitimate reason? It's silly to just count wins.

Same thing with Istudying, he had faith in picking Peach against me (knowing I don't like the MU), took a close match, lost a second match, and won the last match (close as well) on SV. It wasn't necessarily a random choice, even though the character was only used once, I wager it was used for a reason.

All logic aside though, character rankings are sorta flawed. If I lose my first bracket set, win 5 sets with my Olimar against randoms and subsequently go Wario against my first strong opponent and lose the set (being kicked out of the tournament), is Olimar suddenly the character I play?

Yeah it's all arbitrary, subjective and no this discussion won't have any satisfying conclusions.

Staco

Smash Champion
We should think about a rule in which case characters can be listed as beeing played.

Top Bottom