• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| Tournament Results & Character Rankings 2012 - The show must go on! |

Prydeless

Smash Apprentice
Yes Mk was legal, but Mk isn't a popular char in South-East of France especially in the Marseille city and JuJux Couldn't make it this time, that's why there aren't so many Mks in the top :)

I posted full results edited in my previous post :)

Prydeless

Smash Apprentice
@ LM > sur la SA surement quelqu'un le fera et si personne le fait tu peux toujours le faire ça sera apprécié :] mais faut avoir les données

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Did you actually put Leon, Bjay and Deimos all on the same side of the bracket? 0_o

:059:

AtneyB

Smash Journeyman
Did you actually put Leon, Bjay and Deimos all on the same side of the bracket? 0_o

:059:
I've been told that the kink was caused by the new version of tio or something...
Like, despite they did seed right, they couldn't make any modification to the brackets once they were established.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
About this super stacked side of the bracket.

I don't play other vs games, so I assumed balancing brackets was normal and done in all communities. But I"ve been told that most of the time, the seeding is left to the pools, and the brackets, once finalized, are not modified after that.

I'll look into it by myself, but does anyone know more about this subject ?

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Well, there's not a whole lot inherently wrong with leaving the bracket alone after pools, but that does mean you're assuming that at that point all first seeds are equal and no regional seeding is necessary (which very well could be the case if you already did it for pools in a manner that considered the bracket). In Europe we generally do tend to tweak the bracket to make for a better tournament experience where big matches don't happen early.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Over here the bracket is manipulated after pools to make sure early hard matches don't happen, people from the same region don't fight early (Leon vs Bjay....), and that people from pools don't fight again.

A first seed will still get a bye or fight a 4th seed in first round bracket but you won't see 3 of the potentially hardest players in the tournament all on one side of the bracket, whether they are all first seed or not.

Rain's SRT did not bracket manipulate and 9B, Otori, Mew2king, and Nietono were all on the same quarters side of bracket which guarantees at least one of them to get 13th when they were considerably 4 of the top 7 players there.

That was one of the worst seeded tournies I have ever seen by far lol.

Prydeless

Smash Apprentice
@ Keitaro Bjay and Deimos placed 2nd in pools althought they were 1st seed at the begining. Moreover the new Tiopro didn't let them manipulate the bracket for some reasons (I gave it a try to on my own computer and it's not working too xD (with the new TIO version) )
That's why the seeding of the bracket seems... ****ed ? XD

:phone:

Keitaro

Tiopro never ceases to amaze me in failing..... Even with the latest Tiopro I still use the original Tio over it. Tiopro tends to crash a lot for some reason. Hope they fix it.

Keitaro

Only thing that sucks about bracket manipulation after pools is if you get first seed when you weren't expected to you will likely have to fight the hardest 1st seed player in round 3 bracket.

I once got 1st seed over Shugo at a tourney and was set to fight Lain round 2 when he was a 2nd seed and I lost. I had to fight the hardest 2nd seed there who shouldn't have gottent 2nd seed in the first place (he sandbagged a girl he liked and got 2nd seed). That can be avoided though, and likely should have been imo.

I personally think changing it must be done to some extent, unless you're fine with the SRT bracket lol. That is like making Nairo and Otori fight in 3rd round and Nietono and Ally fight 3rd round with the winner facing each other. That's in comparison to Nietono vs 9B early with the winner fighting the winner of Otori vs M2K at SRT. Keep in mind those matches would be happening at the same time Shogun vs Daiki and Quik vs Suinoko is happening. Those are still great players but some change would surely have to be made to that bracket imo.

ShadowTl

Smash Apprentice
Conflict 2 (Netherlands)
17 entrans, 5 euro entry fee.

1. Mr.R :metaknight: :dk2:
2. Pikaforlife :pikachu2:
3. Four Sword :lucario:
4. T :metaknight: :wolf: :falco: :dedede:
5. RiVer :diddy:
5. Gov :snake: :metaknight: :ganondorf:
7. Rko :mario2: :snake:
7. Shadow :toonlink:

I'll update this with the bracket later.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Take sheik off, I didn't win with her. my dk however is god

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Cause tonie hasn't had a wii for over 7 months . the last time he played was at the german tourney haha. Not taking any credit of p4l and 4sword , they improved alot !

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I am now sad :( My crewmate False said 2 European players asked him to team and one was named Cyve.
I talked to cyve just one week ago, and I'm almost 100% sure he isnt going, at least when he didnt plan something out in secret or so... but I dont think so tbh XD

Money Problems and final year of high school are the reasons he cant go afaik. But he (And me too maybe) will go to APEX2014 if the circumstances are fine ;)

(I cant go this year because of university :/)

Top Bottom