• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament set vs m2k critiquesssss please (oh sheeet kels too) Updated 10/18

MarkLoo

Smash Ace
NEW:
set vs kels
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdCqHXH4uJs&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDkt1ENheFo&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8RsiD9CDpA&feature=channel

so i read alot of all of your advice, and it seemed the biggest thing was that i was too aggressive. i tried to fix that, as well as to apply some other concepts i was thinking about, and it seemed to help. so critique me again!!!

last tournament i went to i played m2k
i want critiques!!!!
not sure whether it'd be more helpful to post vids vs m2k or someone closer to my skill level
so

heres m2k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGxWM0srv88&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izrUopPEFRk&feature=channel

and heres lain (yes the brawl ice climber lain)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLa-DC2Gnlg&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq_WrEJWDxw&feature=channel

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
2nd m2k match was alot better than the first. You didn't seem to mess up as much technically and you had a pretty nice kill off the wall :D. m2k is too good though so he ***** a loe of people.

Watching your own matches and seeing what went wrong would probably be more helpful than any tips I can give you. I find that to be more effective for me sometimes. Keep it up though man, good ****.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
This is going to be hard because the skill gap between the two of you is far too large.

Game 1:

Your first stock you put yourself in between the edge and a Marth player. That's a bad choice. You subsequently did not DI the forward throw away, got down tilted for it, and lost a stock. So goes the match up.

The match proceeded like normally, and then you lost a stock when you LHDL'ed far too high, and got punished for it.

You messed up a pressure sequence and almost got tech chased to gimped for it, but thankfully m2k messed up. You then ran into a forward smash some time later. I'll comment on that after this next part.

You had a fairly easy edge guard (easy is a relative term when edge guarding Marth), and probably should have died when you messed up lol. Yay! You took a stock, but then got bair'ed.

You played this game entirely wrong. DL64 is an ideal stage vs Marth as it's one of his worst neutrals and offers you a lot of space to keep him under wraps. You need to remain untouchable basically. Control all his approaches with really tight spacing and careful platform play. You can also get a lot of grabs via lasers, which can help add some instant spacing control which is what you want. In short, you approached far too much here, and m2k was quick to punish it.

MarkLoo

Smash Ace
This is going to be hard because the skill gap between the two of you is far too large.

Game 1:

Your first stock you put yourself in between the edge and a Marth player. That's a bad choice. You subsequently did not DI the forward throw away, got down tilted for it, and lost a stock. So goes the match up.

The match proceeded like normally, and then you lost a stock when you LHDL'ed far too high, and got punished for it.

You messed up a pressure sequence and almost got tech chased to gimped for it, but thankfully m2k messed up. You then ran into a forward smash some time later. I'll comment on that after this next part.

You had a fairly easy edge guard (easy is a relative term when edge guarding Marth), and probably should have died when you messed up lol. Yay! You took a stock, but then got bair'ed.

You played this game entirely wrong. DL64 is an ideal stage vs Marth as it's one of his worst neutrals and offers you a lot of space to keep him under wraps. You need to remain untouchable basically. Control all his approaches with really tight spacing and careful platform play. You can also get a lot of grabs via lasers, which can help add some instant spacing control which is what you want. In short, you approached far too much here, and m2k was quick to punish it.
cool thanks. after i di the throw away, how should i recover? i feel like no matter what i do i'm dead :(
yea the forward smashes were stupid. i cringe when i rewatch that.

edit: please watch the matches vs. lain because the skill gap is much closer

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Your biggest mistake was fighting by the ledge for absolutely no reason but to get yourself edge-guarded.. by a marth, a m2k marth. Pretty much how you lost all your stocks.

On the stage you were playing to aggressive, every laser approach lead into you getting predicted by either you doing a nair/dair or "random" f-smash.

Well I didn't really pay attention to second match since m2k was sandbagging like hell. But you just need to mix it up and apply more pressure. That's how falco plays.

For example in corneria match with m2k look at 3:01 - 3:04 you can obviously see what's wrong with that picture.

InfiniteGXT

Smash Journeyman
TOO AGRESSIVE. Its ****ing M2K man, even shiz gets ***** when he plays aggressively. Theres no way you can win like that.

Also at one point you missed a clutch lhdl because you jumped too soon and your lasers went over his head and he just fsmashed you. You really need to fix that it will change your recovery game drastically.

Also probably because you played m2k you got a bit inconsistent since there were several times on his first stock (first video) where you could have killed him with the right aerial, but missed it or didnt even try.

Stop forward smashing so obviously. Basically the match consisted of him waiting for you to attack him and then him gimping you. That is m2ks entire play style. Hes the master of it. So just laser and run away and force him to come to you. Then he is playing on your terms.

MarkLoo

Smash Ace
TOO AGRESSIVE. Its ****ing M2K man, even shiz gets ***** when he plays aggressively. Theres no way you can win like that.

Also at one point you missed a clutch lhdl because you jumped too soon and your lasers went over his head and he just fsmashed you. You really need to fix that it will change your recovery game drastically.

Also probably because you played m2k you got a bit inconsistent since there were several times on his first stock (first video) where you could have killed him with the right aerial, but missed it or didnt even try.

Stop forward smashing so obviously. Basically the match consisted of him waiting for you to attack him and then him gimping you. That is m2ks entire play style. Hes the master of it. So just laser and run away and force him to come to you. Then he is playing on your terms.
that part where he hit me from my lhdl... i rewatched that about a million times. and my laser would have hit his head, but marth's ftilt lowers his head =(. i guess that's a nifty trick for marths. thanks for the rest of the advice.

Top Bottom