• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament videos of my Ice Climbers

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
your g&w needs alot of work compared to your ic's...which are amazing.
I was being stupid with GW XD.

My IC's like...completly outshine my other characters XD.

Miller

Smash Lord
Good stuff man, but I noticed one thing, Your extremely bent on getting the grabs, Me and you play exactly alike :p

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Good stuff man, but I noticed one thing, Your extremely bent on getting the grabs, Me and you play exactly alike :p
If you noticed, sethlon camped a lot. When he was I punished him with grabs.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Nice IC. Hah, very nice. Seth went into supa scared mode. "Laser, Laser, Laser, Phantasm". That was funny as hell. Bax 2 training mode I go..

Dan_X

Smash Lord
nice job Hylian. Don't u hate how in the intensity of the fight it's sometimes so hard to pull off the CGs once you finally land a grab? Don't get me wrong, you did very well. It's just, I noticed that when the match gets intense and I pull off a grab, it's sometimes hard to execute a follow up without messing up. I have to learn to play more relaxed so that I don't mess up. For example, I noticed a few instances where once you grabbed you tilted too much and messed up the CG. Like I said, I'm not trying to call you on this, just that, I do this as well when the match heats up.

Well played. :D

Yeah Laser, I noticed that. That's actually one of the best things he could have done against the ICs. I second Falco, so I'd probably do the same thing. Laser spamming + Phantasms is a great way to pressure an IC player. The Phantasm is good because even if it's blocked he'll still be outside of the grab range. Ultimately, the point is; avoid being grabbed by the ICs at all costs, and if that means playing defensively, so be it.

BTW I have a question, is the Ice Block lock allowed in tourneys? If so, why didn't you use it Hylian? I find this to be awesome because you can follow up with a grab and finish the enemy of with a spike once they are near the edge.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
BTW I have a question, is the Ice Block lock allowed in tourneys? If so, why didn't you use it Hylian? I find this to be awesome because you can follow up with a grab and finish the enemy of with a spike once they are near the edge.
Its beacause the Fair is Techable. But then again, he coulda did the Fthrow>Footstool so.. idk.

EDIT - Ive been doing the Dthrow > Charge smash > Bthrow > Release Smash combo lately. It doesnt make any sense, timing seems 2 make no diffrence, and sometimes Nana Headbutts and it works out, and sometimes she doesnt. So how do u get this going EVERYTIME. Im like 70% right now.

Thx ahead.

Straylit

Smash Cadet
Hmm, but is it that easy to tech from?
Assuming your talking about Laser's post, no. Its all in a inescapable chain. Though its not necessary. When i use the charge usmash combo i do it from an fthrow instead of dthrow or Popograb - nanacharge - popo uthrow - release

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Assuming your talking about Laser's post, no. Its all in a inescapable chain. Though its not necessary. When i use the charge usmash combo i do it from an fthrow instead of dthrow or Popograb - nanacharge - popo uthrow - release
Rly.. well, guess the blocks hit b4 they roll from the tech.

hmm.. Ill try fthrow 2morow. Hell, Ill try Bthrow too.. I rly wanna master a Grab that KO's Lightweights at 90..

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Amazing IC's Hylian, very nice job practicing your grabs with them. Hopefully this summer when I go to HOBO, I can do a better job of not getting grabbed by you then Sethlon did. :)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Guys, there were atotal of 15 vids. all of them are up on my youtube account plz go see it now. It has more of hylians ICs.

Top Bottom