• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournaments in Alaska?

Mythek

Smash Rookie
Are there any tournaments in Alaska happening? If so when are they?

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I remember reading a thread on SWF about the issue behind whether or not video game tournaments are considered gambling and Alaska is one of the states that doesn't allow video games tournament. :(

EDIT: Welcome to SWF!

EDIT: Yes, there is a community in Alaska though.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
WOAH. just stumbled upon this thread.

aaaaaaaand... i don't know whether or not tournaments in alaska are illegal or not, but we have had many in the past (I've won around 500 dollars throughout them). Recently not so much, but there will be one next week at playntrade sometime.

feel free to contact us through the boards or if you want to play hit me up at 907 244 6228

we mostly play melee, btw but we have some brawlers too

Beautiful Death

Smash Journeyman
Oh DUDE I just saw this cause I decided to find the AK thread through clicking and I see this cause CHE THE MAN posted recently and also Smashboards is allllllllll yellow and EEW.

But yes. Ergh. There is going to be a Brawl tournament this Sunday. And tournaments are held once in a while. Was a lot more active about a little over a year ago. ANYway later d00d.

Top Bottom