• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tourney Sunday

M@v

Subarashii!
yup. Tourney on campus on Sunday. Im going in with Falco as main, and Fox,Zelda/sheik as CPs.
There are supposed to be some state ranked players coming to this. Point of the thread is: Since im maining falco, when would be a good time to use fox? Im going to use fox against snake, not because hes better than falco, but I know the matchup a lot better. Any other suggestions?

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
use Fox against DDD. He can't be chaingrabbed and has a fun time kickin' D3's belly every which way.

EDIT: Also, every time he throws a waddledee you recharge your smashes with lasers.

Tyberg29

Smash Cadet
Where? When? Pittsburgh? THIS Sunday? CMU?...It would be sweet if I could come, so lemme know, Mav. Thanks. ^__^

•Col•

Smash Champion
Where? When? Pittsburgh? THIS Sunday? CMU?...It would be sweet if I could come, so lemme know, Mav. Thanks. ^__^
I believe the one he's going to this weekend is at Penn State University, main campus...

However, M@v and I are hosting a tournament in December, maybe you should try to make it to that one... =P Here's the link to the thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=193691

M@v

Subarashii!
Well after practicing with a couple guys tonight, its blatantly obvious that my fox is WAY better than my falco, so Im going to start with fox. It shouldnt be a big tourney, but Im going to run the risk and hope I dont run into a pika.

Btw, based from tonight, Fox vs MK is definitely NOT 7:3. Its no worse than 65:35 honestly, probably 4:6. Mk still screws you offstage(like everyone else), but fox holds his own on the ground. We will discuss later....

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Btw, Based From Tonight, Fox Vs Mk Is Definitely Not 7:3. Its No Worse Than 65:35 Honestly, Probably 4:6. Mk Still Screws You Offstage(like Everyone Else), But Fox Holds His Own On The Ground. We Will Discuss Later....
Nonononono! Not Again, Please! =(

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Lol, I think that overall, Fox doesn't get the credit that he deserves. I think Wolf is underrated too...

I'd like to see them higher up in the tier list TBQH.

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
I played against a MK last night actually.... he didn't know what to do half the time. :laugh: Probably one of the top 10 players in Washington. Then again, that's online and it doesn't count.

M@v

Subarashii!
I played against a MK last night actually.... he didn't know what to do half the time. :laugh: Probably one of the top 10 players in Washington. Then again, that's online and it doesn't count.
One bad thing for fox here though; I couldnt find a move that beat mks nair. :/

M@v

Subarashii!
Tourney went well.

I won doubles with my partner. I used fox the whole way, using falco in only one match, and zelda sheik in only 1 match. My partner used Snake/olimar/Falco.

I placed 5th in singles(out of 16 or 18, cant remember)
Used fox all the way, and used Zelda/sheik in only 1 match.

M@v

Subarashii!
****** who was supposed to bring the recorder forgot. I wanted to kill him.

VIDS.... VIDS!!! VIIIIIIDS!!!!

How many MK's did you trample? You're supposed to keep a tally.
get this, I didnt run into any :O. Also, I think the only MK there went on and won the tourney, sigh..

Btw I learned another weakness of fox the hard way today: Peach has a 25-30% CG on fox >_>.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Btw I learned another weakness of fox the hard way today: Peach has a 25-30% CG on fox >_>.
This is new information? :p

All characters with CGs on Fox:
Falco, ICs (Solo IC), Kirby, Lucario, Marth, Olimar, Peach, Pikachu, ZSS, PT

Then you have other moves that can lock you: Sheik's f-tilt & ROB's u-tilt (locks you if catches you from the side at low percents)

Then nearly half the cast can u-tilt/u-air juggle you very well.

Note: Your falling speed ***** you if your opponent knows how their character can take advantage of it (just about every character can capitalize on it in some way, it's pretty sad).

-Mars-

Smash Hero
That's always the danger with the spacies, you either play perfectly and **** with them or you get ***** because of the games physics.

M@v

Subarashii!
Ive played several peaches before this; none of them knew about it :/. So this was the 1st time I ran into it.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Btw, based from tonight, Fox vs MK is definitely NOT 7:3. Its no worse than 65:35 honestly, probably 4:6. Mk still screws you offstage(like everyone else), but fox holds his own on the ground. We will discuss later....
; )

I know I won't be called into the discussion on this but... yeeeeeeah. hahaha

Shield usmash beats Nair, btw. Nair is his best move against you, in my personal opinion, though.

M@v

Subarashii!
; )

I know I won't be called into the discussion on this but... yeeeeeeah. hahaha

Shield usmash beats Nair, btw. Nair is his best move against you, in my personal opinion, though.
from what ive seen, it beats everything you have.

Top Bottom