• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TourneyPlay3 NATIONAL Event - Oct 16th - 18th 2009

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
ROFL that **** was a fluke, and eggz doesn't **** marths, apparently dark sonic ***** his 4$$ and he's no m2k or KFC lol, get ur **** straight and stop riding eggz nutz, and eggz gettin 2nd wasn't a fluke, m2k shouldn't of f(_)ked up as bad as he did let alone being so nervous and f(_)kin up his timing on those gimps is what i'm saying, don't think, oh ****, eggz is improving, lol go to a big tourney and get top 50 like he did at GENESIS, oh wait he didn't, well ****, eh well yea stick to TOURNEYPLAY, thats the only way our TOP PRO's will ever compete against any bigname, beat the no names then get ***** still, even if there having an offday lol

and toph, eggz ****** CIZ isn't impressive granted CIZ's marth is good, its just not ROBOT
i mean thats cool and all but youre pretty much just a troll/johning fanboy at this point

pandacheck

Smash Ace
INSERT MORE **** INSULTS HERE : [ GET ***** ], now thro another TOURNEY so we can GET OFF ON LASERS AND SWORDS AND NEEDLES

and i dont see how i dissed the tourney organizers, lol toph, i said the only way any top pro from WA would ever play a bigname in smash is at a TOURNEYPLAY event where not enough big names come because its hella out of the way or there to lazy to come and play here, and the only peeps eggz and SW would play are the people they usually beat in WA, CANADA, OREGON, and then they'd get to the top and play someone with a name, anyways yea i think the tourney was a piece of CRAP, yea now i'm dissing them

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
INSERT MORE **** INSULTS HERE : [ GET ***** ], now thro another TOURNEY so we can GET OFF ON LASERS AND SWORDS AND NEEDLES

and i dont see how i dissed the tourney organizers, lol toph, i said the only way any top pro from WA would ever play a bigname in smash is at a TOURNEYPLAY event where not enough big names come because its hella out of the way or there to lazy to come and play here, and the only peeps eggz and SW would play are the people they usually beat in WA, CANADA, OREGON, and then they'd get to the top and play someone with a name, anyways yea i think the tourney was a piece of CRAP, yea now i'm dissing them
ey real **** your trolling was not very good in the first place but youve really taken it too far.

Whatever toph said or didnt say is irrelevant at this point and I dont appreciate you dragging the tourney play name through the mud. You werent at the tournament which was pretty tight, and you normally dont come to tourneys, so dont ruin it for the people who want to start getting big melee events in WA.

You were prob joking but its just not a good joke. You are representing WA melee when you post and if you do this kinda **** oos players may not want to come to our tourneys because theyll think they suck and are full of F**s. Not to mention that gameclucks guy does this for a living and ur ****in wit his paper son.

How would you like it if I rolled up to taco bell and started talking **** about how you cook food or man the register for no apparent reason at all

joeplicate

Smash Master
eggz losing to dark sonic was probably the result of everybody being really hung over and tired at genesis

i mean it's not like he beat m2k's marth 1st match and made him switch to sheik or anything like that

oh no

Kira-

Smash Champion
No love Kira? =[
ey i said i wasnt done yet lol. im waiting for full results so i have a smaller chance of missing people

but yea u rite tho, C!Z is the homie, in fact almost all of washington is the homie it's kind of unrealistic especially compared to socal where very few people are the homie (but they are pretty tight so it's all good). I wish i played you more though, it was you, eric, and battlechrist i didnt get to play much or at all. i guess rohins too but i didnt know he existed until the last day lol. pat's house for sure

LOL KIRA

your shoutout to kline sounded way too real. Toph thought Kline ***** you in friendlies or something. XD
lol i tried

Eggz

Smash Hero
I did sleep on the ground of a lowes parking lot using a curb as a pillow the night before

and drink alcohol and take blood pressure medication the day of brackets

and get my entire cache of controllers stolen, including the best one ive ever had

but no johns

also I almost quoted Kira's shoutout to Kline
after which I was going to ban him from WA

Eggz

Smash Hero
[21:38] Spence354: you ****** you couldnt even get a set off m2k
[21:38] eggz2021: LOL
[21:38] eggz2021: finally
[21:39] eggz2021: someone says what ive been thinkin LOL
General

GC Guy
Another amazing tournament. The work you put into these goes unnoticed by most, but rest assured I'm aware you ****. I'll work on Feb hype immediately.

WA
Good **** coming together and making this a tight tournament.

TourneyPlay Staff
Good **** helping Chris out

OOS
Thank you SO much for coming and making this as amazing as it was. Without you itd be just another tournament

but with me winning more money
>_>;
<3

Brawl

1: Mew2King (MK)
Good games in finals, at least on my part. I don't care if you john about Melee even though I lost, everyone else is gonna do it anyway. Sorry (mostly for myself) that I didn't get you drunk and hold you upside down and tickle you =[. Can't wait to see you again. I learned a lot from watching you brawl, thanks for that.

2: Havok (MK/Marth?)
Too bad you didn't try to kick it on the Melee day. I was comin down and **** on Brawl day and only went to support friends/tourneyplay.

3. DSF (MK/Snake)
**** you're tight. Again you should've been there before I took adderall or when I was drunk. Your only around when I'm really tired and grumpy, so I'm pretty sure you think im boring as ****. T___T Thanks for tips.

4. Weruop (Olimar)
Thanks for chillin' inbetween my legs ;p you cuddly lil ****er.

5: Felix (Diddy)
You're my favorite Brawl player atm, along with Weruop.

5: Jem (MK)
LOL I miss you so much. After the tourney was fun.

7: Superboom (Snake)
So glad you came. You're hella good at Brawl. Good **** ****** me, and good **** almost beating me in Melee.

7: Zeionut (Snake)
I am your war siren.

9: Jamnt0ast (Snake/MK/ROB)
I got nothin special but it was good seein you again. Good **** beating Zeio. Luckily for you I wasn't his battle siren. Also sorry I almost stole your zune LOL

9: Nerd (Falco)
My *****. Good **** doin that thing you did.

9: Itakio (MK)
Cutie.

9: Valdens (MK)
I hate you.

13: ZEDD (Dedede)
It was good meeting you <3 You're d3 is sick. We should've hung out more, but that bignig you were with was intimidating.

13: Praxis (Peach)
You have cute nipples, Chris.

13: Pwneroni (Wario)
I ruv youuu.

17: Eggz (MK)
You suck at Brawl guy.

17: Bladewise (Marth)
You suck at Brawl guy.
(I miss you.)

17: C!Z (MK)
Meowth. Good games in Melee. I'm gonna be back down tomorrow maybe since Jasons around still.

17: t1mmy (Kirby/MK)
Those crackers were so ****ing good wtf

17: Dr.Mario12 (Toon Link)
You've gotten HELLA better.

17: L33T (Peach)
We talked a few times but we didn't really do anything tight. Come to more tourneys wtf. Gotta **** with people with me or something. Good **** ninja-ing into pro bracket.

17: Kamaji (Snake)
Sorry we didn't play more Melee. Good games in Brawl. You looked HELLA...adderall...ified day 2.

25: MrB0jangle (Dedede)
***. You're lucky we brought you to the secret spot.

25: Deva (Link)
M2k has the best link. get used to it.

25: Tuen (MK)
Good games, you've got a pretty decent mk.

25: Fear (MK?)
I'd **** your girlfriend. Good seeing you again.

25: Psy (MK)
I'd **** your girlfriend. Good seeing you again.

25: Sky` (Falco)
I'd **** your mom. Good seeing you again.

25: t0mmy (ROB)
I'd **** Eevzey. Good seeing you again.

25: Siaga (Zero Suit Samus)
I'd **** you. Good seeing you again.

Melee

3: Silent Wolf
Brutha. Our set was so tight. That **** better have been recorded in direct digital.

4: Kira
You da broseph. Didn't expect you to match me on beers. Come up here more often. I think I already told you the depths of my heart ache for your touch in a heterosexual life partner kinda way (as opposed to the Magneto kinda way) but if not...ye.

5: Bladewise
didnt notice you got 5th. good ****.

5: Blunted Object
Good games Eric. I love our sets all the time. I had the edge this time, though. Wish we could've hung out more AKA on sunday =[

7: Vish
Thanks for everything you did this weekend. You kept everything together and did a lot for everyone. Good ****.

9: Toph
Same as what I said to Vish. you're steadily improving and one of the few people in WA who seems to take the game anywhere near as seriously as me.

9: MacD
You also da broseph. Though you should change your tag to magneto to amplify your bro-itude to maximum.

9: Knuttz
Sorry I fell through on you guys. I hope you guys found things out...X_X
I'll house you 100% in febuary.

13: Rohins
Brutha.

13: Juce
It was good seeing you. Thanks for buying a controller. Come up here more often. I don't think I've ever done drugs with you wtf.

13: Noobking
God its so good to see you again. I love you sooo much. I'm glad your sober, and anything I jokingly said otherwise I'm just fuxin. Its the best thing for you, keep it up.
See you next time.

13: OMGage
Youre so CUTE!

17: Battle Christ
You were the cutie skater lookin d00d right? iirc I hear youre criminal as ****, in which case you should definitely stay with me next time youre in WA.

17: Zeru
Man I missed you. Oldskool psuedo-SKYPAL for everyone that didnt know. ***** the **** outta me when I got into the community. I hope to see you getting back into it more.

17: Jayce
JAY-Z

17: The Prime
Your samus has gotten crazy. Use more up-b and be more precise with your moves and you'll be fierce. also japes is crazy wtf. and you owe me $5. my bad for not getting change.

17: Gimpyfish
I love you brodad. Good **** in teams (*******)

17: Artifice
You've gotten a lot better as well. Keep up the improvement mang.

17: Kaostar
What Kira said.

25: EO Grim
Good **** almost beating Mike. You've improved a lot. You're better than I was in the beginning.

25: Erk
**** your tornados >=[

25: WiiPlaya09
Thanks for buying the mixes, I'll get them to you asap. <3

25: QraQ
I was watching your sheik and its actually pretty tight looking. Good ****, we'll have to play next time.

25: Dave O
You're from Oregon right? You look familiar but I dont remember why.

25: Dusldorf
LORINNN. What was that book you were reading/about? I was actually curious I just couldnt remember on account of the "im tight" >_>;

33: Lib3r4t3
WTF youre a beast when you drink
and i dont mean beast as in synonym for tank or machine
i mean youre literally a monster
LOL <3

33: Caleb Lopez
Wtf I miss your tag but dont remember what it is
asia 4 life

33: Brendan Kim
wtf?

33: Churro
You suck at responding to people LOL

33: Paff

33: Kev2k
Thanks for letting me wear your hat/buying a controller. i'll give you advice next time fasho.

Kira-

Smash Champion
also if anyone wants to add me on facebook i'm dave kim

and shane drinking at vish's was so fun lol. Pat's house is going to **** so hard

Eggz

Smash Hero
drink with me pre-addy instead of post addy
its even tighter
but i agree
pats is gonna be fil-teeee
edit : wtf did i just john about drinking? LOL man im tight

its pronounced kay-leb

Smash Rookie
General
33: Caleb Lopez
Wtf I miss your tag but dont remember what it is
asia 4 life
i dont like using tags in person its weird to me for people to call me by my tag lol this is my new account. now that toph beat me after i used to **** him the first couple gameclucks i met him ima start playing again. havent played in a year because of starcraft and counter strike now. toph lets mm next gc i want to win lol

C!Z

Smash Lord
Nobody remembers haters.

Shane you gave me that feelin when I watch Bisno play in tourney that day, a ****in million <3's. I wish we woulda chilled more that last day instead of the gay **** that went down.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Fortunately I ate my share of Bisnos the day of and got my swagga on like a peeyaump tree steeyaump

mummy rap never a mummy wrap not at peace killa beast dont like yeast
I DONT WANT ANY STARCH

Divinokage

Smash Legend
So he says stop riding on Eggz nuts when he's the one riding on M2k's nuts.. great..

Also Panda, if you can't even come close to Top 10 in a melee tournament like that, shut up. You can't even fathom what type of mental stress is required while fighting for top spots.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Caleb - Sorry on name... I screw someones up every event and then usually stick with it for the entertainment value of being told over and over I am wrong.

THANK YOU ALL FOR COMING!!!!!!

TP4 will be in February. 12th - 14th I think... 15th is Pres Day so no school... so 3 day weekend, but I want event to be done Sunday still so everyone has Monday to travel.

I know its Valentines Day, but like I said on AiB, all of you that are under 25 that have a BF/GF will prob dump that person by Feb anyway, maybe 2 or 3 of them...so who cares its on V-Day weekend... save the money on a dinner for someone you will dump or get dumped by right after V-Day and come to TP4 instead.

Kira - Glad it was better then you expected!! Make sure you let people know so that we break 70 in Melee and 100 in Brawl at TP4!

MacD - Thanks for commentary help!!! We need some commentary skillz in WA... I dont even know the games worth a **** (though I am top ICs on the WC in Brawl) and people would rather listen to me ramble about nothing then most of the commentary ppl we have. (I have been told that on many occasions LOL I even did a Q&A for the last 2 hrs of the event on Sunday)

Canada - I miss you Canadian-fukers...come down more often!!

Eggz - TY for all you do behind the scenes to make sure get some solid people to TP events!

Silent Wolf - I am not even sure I saw you all weekend... Eat some veggies and grow!

C!Z - You really are a **** IRL and I love it! Funny **** all the time from you!! You are quickly becoming one of my favourites!

UW - WOW I forgot what most of you looked like since YOU NEVER COME TO EVENTS!!! (GC on Nov 7th)

Everyone Else - I listed you on AiB so go visit that site for that other game if you want to know what I said. if I didnt list you on AiB its because you are meaningless... or I forgot...prob I forgot.

THANK YOU again everyone!!!!

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Double Post and I dont care!!!

Will post TP4 details in a week or so.. have some things I want to nail down first before I post it places other then AiB.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I'm a monster? Rawr.

Edit; yeah toph, we gotta talk more next time, aight?

Btw, it was me who mentioned the whole "upset at tp2" thing when we were drinking lol.

Kira-

Smash Champion
it dont count unless he can do it in losers
I really don't understand this.

So if Fly beats me in winners but I beat him in losers of the same tournament then I have the upper hand?

And say Joey beats Zhu in winners finals but loses in two sets in Grand finals then his win counts for nothing?

I can understand that if Fly barely beat Mango in winners but lost horribly in losers then his first set may not be as important, but otherwise I don't see why it has such a huge effect. If matches in the winners bracket matter so little then I might as well throw my match to Joey so he won't catch on to my style and I can beat him the first time in losers.

When I beat Hugo in winners of the Upland tournament (Melee 6) and lost to him in losers, you made it seem as if I never beat him at all; it was definitive that Hugo was a better player than I was when that's not necessarily true. We have traded sets ever since that day; you can't say for sure who would win the next set because it's been so close.

so please explain yourself

Adam M!

Smash Lord
because if you know you're better than someone you really don't mind if you lost in winners; you know you can run the table and beat whoever you need to beat in losers

similar to how if you're better than someone you really don't mind if you lose the first match, cuz you know you can win two in a row no prob

eggz, joey and hugo are much better than you and wouldn't have a problem winning in losers once they give their all

MacD

Banned via Administration
finally have free time for shout outs

GC Guy- thanks for hosting this tourney, i definately want to come back in feb if i can/tickets are cheap enough, glad you fixed the seeding too, that would have sucked otherwise, and also thanks for not caring about me comentating, i know some other hosts might have been mad about it, i'll do it again assuming i come to TP 4 and people there don't mind

Kira- hope i didn't scare you too much this trip, i know too much of me is probably a bad thing, i had some serious fun though, teaming was too good and we are most definately doing it again, assuming you don't hate me after spending the weekend with me

m2k- doubtful you'll read this, but i wish i could have played your marth more, it's fun playing a really good marth so i can see why he ***** peach

Washington- overall the bestest group of smashers ever, i <3 you all (only some in the magneto way ;)) and i know i'm going to come back eventually so be ready

Eggz- too cool, idk why but i was laughing at everything you said that one night, thanks for those few tips and sorry i was a party pooper the first time we drank

Silent Wolf- so chill, i didn't even realize you were such a quiet guy at genesis, glad to play you in some real sets this time

Bladewise- i wish i would have played you, you are really good i know there are a few things i can learn, you teach me some singles i'll teach you some teams

Vish- thanks so much for the housing, tell your roomies too, we never mm'd but whatever, i always seem to not mm and just play friendlies, can't wait to see that stupid combo i did to you

Toph- you got soooo much better, it's nice to see you not go 0-2 every match in pools though step it up, you better beat vish next time, sorry we never did teamsies, maybe next time

Prime- you don't know how scared i was after the 1st match, definately took me by suprize, keep it up, one piece of advice, you could/should have up-b'd out of shield more, against peach even if she float cancels you can hit her if she doesn't space

C!Z- it's too bad you played brawl sunday, i never got to play you except teams, i really suck about playing people i guess, hopefully you come to pat's house so we can play at least a little

Gimpy- "Should have been spacing the whole match." one of my favorite quotes from the tourney, it was cool to remeet you for like the 3rd time and i'm sure you'll remember me this time, 1st time was OC3, i lost with peach and picked zelda, you thought i was going sheik but i didn't, idk just a random story

Kaostar-pretty cool, fun stupidness we had at the end on sunday, i wish i would have known you played mewtwo, i wanna play one a little to kinda learn the match up

Canada
Blunted_Object 10- my new fav falco haha, i wish i could have seriously played you on sat or sun, oh well, definately at pound 4

Noobking- i'm still amazed you rmembered me, sorry you got gayed in bracket by 2 peaches, i had fun comentating with you, sorry you hate me when you're playing me, but i'm used to it so no biggie

other guy- sorry i forgot you're tag, like i said i'm bad wiht names, cool playing with you too, you seemed up open up the last day which was cool

Idaho/Oregon- sorry i'm bad with names and don't remember who i played with, it was cool to see smashers from those regions and i had fun wiht all those team friendlies on sat

i'm sure i'm forgetting people and really sorry if i am, but i can't wait till the next one assuming i can come

Eggz

Smash Hero
<3 MacD

durrr said:
it dont count unless he can do it in losers
I disagree. A win is a win wherever it is in the bracket regardless of circumstances.

durrr said:
eggz, joey and hugo are much better than you and wouldn't have a problem winning in losers once they give their all
that was random >_> T_T

Adam M!

Smash Lord
no it wasn't random at all. he was talking about joey beating zhu and winners and whatever but that doesn't matter because they are peers -- there's little skill gap.

Kira-

Smash Champion
adam you fail to understand that when two people are close in skill they will both try hard whether it is in winners or losers. it many cases it is not guaranteed that they will play each other again, and even if they do it helps them to get further in the winners bracket to clinch a higher placing.

only when the skill gap is very large does your theory apply. i wouldn't throw the first round or not be phased if i lost the first round of a set against Cam or Johnny even though I may seem to have more skill than they do. Only against a complete random would I not care, and even then I would never consider throwing it; I lost the first round to Hyprid a loong time ago and 3rd match he counterpicked Brinstar with Puff. He was always just a rest away; I wasn't able to relax during that set and I'll never go easy in the first round of any set again

Top Bottom