• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tourny cancelled, made into smashfest. Practice b4 Apex!

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Bumpity bump :)

So chu is coming on the 21st. so that gives me the two days of the 23rd on friday and the 30th on friday to work with since im guessing ppl wouldn't like to have a thursday tournament.

He would like to get a melee tourney too, so im guessing that will be on the 23rd in which i need to make another thread >_>"

So i thinkn this tourney would be better suited for the 30th? Does anyone disagree?

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I could honestly care less about attendance, it's not my tournament.
It's just rude what you're doing to CFL. It's like racism. Except regions.
1. What the hell is gigs?
2. Theres a wato coming up?
3. I don't troll.

and as for the viper thing, those were the only days he was GIVEN. And they were a month apart. And i wouldn't talk smack about the last one having to be cancelled. Some kid died bro. That's a legit cancel reason.

I read the first part and face hooved.
Because....

This.
and i am the ONLY.
THE ONLY.
ONLY.
Person who drives people here.
Why are you getting so mad? It's just a tournament for a GAME. A video game that won't matter in a few years...at least, that's what you think it is, right?

Lolz Mink saying he's the only person who drives to tournaments. I remember driving to Orlando for 3 years, but that's not important, right? As long as you're recognized. Someone get this guy a cookie.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Tommy your dumb. Mink's the only from CFL who can and is willing to step up to the plate to help us get to other tourneys.Even if he doesn't enter he doesn't mind driving people cuz he's a ****ing cool guy. Stop causing problems for no god damn reason. He never said anything about being the only person to drive or claimed it for pride or recognition.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
He never said anything about being the only person to drive or claimed it for pride or recognition.
Kuro....wut

Papa Mink said:
This.
and i am the ONLY.
THE ONLY.
ONLY.
Person who drives people here.
Am I suppose to just not get offended when I see this? It's nice to see CFL finally step up and drive, but he has no right to say that he's the only person who drives long distances for people in tournaments.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Tommy, this is kind of done with and the hatchet is buried already.

I was a bit annoyed with that in the past however. My reasons were that I was trying to make my tourney really successful since the naples tourney mix held like 3 years ago didnt quite meet up to expectations as others put it. Therefore I wanted the locals such as fgcu and orlando to show up so that I could establish a scene again in the area so ppl would be more likely to come again rather than the usual miami/orlando business. When they didn't show up as planned (since i got no phone calls about it telling me in advance) I was a bit salty since local community support is what is necessary for a tourney to pull through, and to just bail out without word is a bit shady since I did support their tourney. Once i found out later about what happened I realized I may have over reacted not knowing what was going down.

Thats why when i started that 2nd tourney on the same day parade, I was being sarcastic with my comments and such. Mink overreacted to the posts and that is when I stopped making those posts since I felt he was reading too much into it. As you can see the tourney was never held and well frankly as I predicted the brawl scene in Naples is nonexistent as far as I can tell with only ****** and sheikssbm entering that port charlotte tourney. I did everything I can to try to make the scene alive again before I headed off to college but wasn't able to pull it off due to the terrible date selections in august. I mean I know for sure 10 people from naples will show up again atleast for this tourney as this is when every1 is back home for xmas and all the naples brawl scene would probablly be willing to have fun despite not caring for the game. I can't really say it will be like that afterward, more of just a one time thing it looks like. To put things in retrospect, the scene used to be better than tampa, now obviously that can't be said. It shows how the scene around here has deteriorated since then.

With that said, I don't hold any ill feelings towards viper or mink or cfl and never really have. Mink has housed me and seems to be a genuine person and as far as I can see, it really does seem like he is one of the few that bothers to drive anywhere. I'd appreciate it if you just dropped it tommy and showed up this tourney again with miami :cool:

Oh and for those who show up, you'll have an amazing time since well the last tourney was amazing and chu is confirmed already and for those who haven't met him well to say the least itll be fun. For those that don't, well it is what it is. I'm not going to try to put as much effort in trying to persuade people to come as I feel that is unnecessary and just hope that people show some love and show up because they want to. If you don't come though, you're missing out.

One more thing* On a brighter note, lets try to make this tourney as amazing as possible right before the new year rolls in. 2011 was great and to have this end the year on a high note would be awesome. I would like to see people from Gainesville,Miami,CFL,Tampa,FGCU, etc.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Bad news, chu isn't coming down for the holidays =(

Im undecided whether im still going to hold this or not, going to cancel melee for sure but if ppl still want to come down then id be happy to hold this still.

edit: Disregard this ^, chudat is indeed coming =D

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Good news, chudat will be coming. Previously he told me he couldn't but now he said hes confirmed I believe. :)

Lets make this big and end the year on a high note ;)

BetaWolf

Smash Apprentice
Might come to this. Haven't been to a tourney in 3 years O_O Would like to get some training in before this.

SxK

Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
This looks interesting, but you should drop singles down to five bucks. Saves money, and if people are going to win, they still make money regardless. A win is a win, money is an added bonus; albeit a determining factor on how one plays.

:phone:

Exdeath

Smash Master
This looks interesting, but you should drop singles down to five bucks. Saves money, and if people are going to win, they still make money regardless. A win is a win, money is an added bonus; albeit a determining factor on how one plays.

:phone:
Viper argued for the same thing last time and IIRC they ended up not coming because he didn't change the price. I doubt that he would change it now.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
nope not doing it

anyone from CFL (aka mink or tony) driving to this with an extra spot?

Exdeath

Smash Master
nope not doing it

anyone from CFL (aka mink or tony) driving to this with an extra spot?
I might go. It depends on the gas; I'm going through a lot of it this week and next week so I don't know if I'll have enough money to go. Add in Christmas costs and considering that this would probably be over 9 hours of driving (7-8 hours from D-Torr's place+possibly picking up an extra person and then just going home is an extra hour) ... :urg:

Top Bottom