• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Towards the End of the Darklink Era

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
acctually chris gets to chose too since hes half white half mexican. if he sat this one out acctually it would be even as frick. BTW THIS CREW BATTLE WILL OFFICIAL HAPPEN NOW! way too legit. maybe we will do a rematch for the next tourney

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
white people
me, chris? lol sorry chris, is chris mexican? he looks azn LOL but white/mexican idk..., silly kyle, jard, duffy, tommy, yoshiken, derp

black people/minorities
k9, kevin, stevo, smiley, rave, gvkings, yummy, johnny(i think he said hes pacific islander)
Heck yeah, we got this! Way too easy!

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
We need a smash house again. now a days its like tournies over, everyone leaves, maybe eats and socializes a bit then bye. i was just remembering the day I was with Derp watching anime and I couldnt stay still. man derp why dont we do that anymore. we need a new house of smash

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Dang i dont think i can go to this tournament anymore.

Long story in a shorter long story. my dad gives me a number to call. I didnt know who it was. then I call. They ask are you looking for a job. I say Yes. They say come in tommorrow at 12 which was yesturday. I say nigga! so i get there have an interview they call my yesturday and say come in for second interview. I say Nigga!!! I come in today, they give me a demonstration and a second interview while on the job working with them for awhile. Then they say come into my office for a third interview. I say NIGGA!!!!!!! They tell me some stuff about the company like the company name and a bunch of stuff. and they offer me the job as a salesman guy. I say NIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They say pay is weekly and so ill be making about 400-600 a week he said. I say............ ............................NIGGGGGGAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Hes all like nigga calm your *** down. Thats everything that happend pretty much and so I work monday through friday with sat. and sun. off. So tight!!!!! that means ...................................I can go to church every sunday!

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Kevin, wait, you need to be careful about these types of jobs. I hope its as clear as they put it, but I have been in the exact same position as you. I get an email about a job to be a salesman for a solar panel company. They say that you can make more than 600 dollars a week, and blah blah blah. I took the job thinking the same thing as you.

However, most of the pay was commission based. It was one of my first jobs, but I thought that I wouldn't have a problem making sales. you see, the thing with commissions is that you have a potential to make that money, but that is only if you have had years and years of experience. If you don't make the sales, you don't make the money, and thus you begin working a job without getting payed, which was kind of what happened in my case.

So my question to you is...is the pay commission based or is it payed on a set hourly wage? If it is commission based, then drop it ASAP.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Yeah, Kevin. Drop it like it's hot if you don't get paid hourly.

I almost got a job selling knives for Vector. Don't do it! It's a scam!!

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
Also if you ever come across a job that requires you to pay them in some kind of way with your own money. Dont do it!

Also also im picking aaven up today :)

:phone:

Anjila

Smash Cadet
Yo, my job is 100% commission and I'm doing fine, but you have to be wary of those "sales" jobs that often go off of a pyramid scheme.

SSBMstuff

Smash Cadet
I think I'll be there! Every tourney needs at least one n00b, and I'm pretty good at filling in that spot! But naw, I'll actually try to practice beforehand this time. :smirk:

Also, whoever said the early bird gets the worm sure as hell didn't attend brawl tournies at Gamer's Inn. I showed up to the tourney last month at the so called "start time" and waited for an hour and a half before anybody else came. xD

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
first post in this thread, even though I've known about this tourney.

I hate that this is on a weekday, especially since my next payday is the day AFTER the tourney. Let's never do weekdays again, they are shit.

with that said, I now have to go practice SC3.

Damn this is on Thursday?

**** this title, after I win these next two tournaments I will just own with someone else

Unless my last college semester, girlfriend, intense language studies, job hunting , lack of wii get in the way

and if they do

It was a damn good run.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
Also, whoever said the early bird gets the worm sure as hell didn't attend brawl tournies at Gamer's Inn. I showed up to the tourney last month at the so called "start time" and waited for an hour and a half before anybody else came. xD

welcome to competitive smash!

Top Bottom