• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I think one of the modes will be one where you can play as the boss character and kill the others. that way people will be able to play as ridley, master hand, metal face etc just my guess.. and I would love target smash like it was in melee and of course wiiu version will have events
I believe they were thinking about doing something like that. Where the 4 players will play as the smash characters and a 5th person would be able to control a boss character using the Wii U gamepad.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
So, in an effort to organize these for myself and others, here's the list again, organized by confirmation status and franchise:
Stage
Universe
Town and City
Animal Crossing
Coliseum
Fire Emblem
Palutena's Temple
Kid Icarus
Mario Galaxy
Mario
Mushroom Kingdom U
Mario
Wily's Castle
Mega Man
Pyrosphere
Metroid
Pilot Wings
Other (Pilotwings)
Pac-Land
Pac-Man
Garden of Hope
Pikmin
Kalos Pokemon League
Pokémon
Boxing Ring
PunchOut
Windy Hill
Sonic
Battlefield
Super Smash Bros.
Final Destination
Super Smash Bros.
Wii Fit Studio
WiiFit
Gaur Plains
Xenoblade
Skyloft
Zelda
Castle Siege
Fire Emblem
Halberd
Kirby
Great Fox
Starfox
Game & Wario
Wario
Bramble Blast
DK
Jungle Hijinx
DK
Mute City
F-Zero
Green House
Game & Watch
Underworld
Kid Icarus
Cookie Country
Kirby
Mt. DeDeDe
Kirby
Patch Land
Kirby
Bowser's Castle
Mario
Tourian
Metroid
Magicant
Mother
Endless Ocean
Other (Endless Ocean)
NES Remix
Other (General Nintendo?)
Nintendo Land
Shooting Gallery
Rhythm Heaven
Other (Rhythm Heaven)
Nimbassa City
Pokémon
Gyromite
ROB
Yoshi's Story
Yoshi
Forest Haven
Zelda
Smashville
Animal Crossing
Rumble Falls
DK
Port Town Aero Dive
F-Zero
Flat Zone 2
Game & Watch
Skyworld
Kid Icarus
Delfino Plaza
Mario
Luigi's Mansion
Mario
Rainbow Cruise
Mario
Norfair
Metroid
Onett
Mother
Distant Planet
Pikmin
Pokemon Stadium 2
Pokémon
Lylat Cruise
Starfox
WarioWare
Wario
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Yoshi
Bridge of Eldin
Zelda
Pirate Ship
Zelda
Temple
Zelda
Red: confirmed new stage
Orange: confirmed returning stage
Green: Possible confirmed new stage (confirmed name does not match leaked name)
White: Unconfirmed new stage
Blue: Unconfirmed returning stage
Underlined and Italicized: Shared with SSB43DS

I like the stage list, and we've got loads of representation from big franchises. I want to believe this so bad, but the whole '5 new characters' and 'Ridley is wingless' make me think this is not true. I'm hoping, though. I want Ridley and Mewtwo so bad, and this stage list only sweetens the deal. Tower of Smash itself sounds like a great mode to replace events - I liked the variety of events, but a lot of the Brawl ones forced you to play a specific character for no reason (Zelda climbing the waterfall? Peach making the leaves red?), so I'm hoping for that too. And true test-of-character, Target Tests unlike the only 5 in Brawl, are most welcome back.

PS - let me know if any of the universes are wrong. I don't know all of the franchises

EDIT: formatting fail. again

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
So, in an effort to organize these for myself and others, here's the list again, organized by confirmation status and franchise:
Stage Universe
Coliseum Fire Emblem
Palutena's Temple Kid Icarus
Mario Galaxy Mario
Mushroom Kingdom U Mario
Wily's Castle Mega Man
Pyrosphere Metroid
Pilot Wings Other (Pilotwings)
Pac-Land Pac-Man
Garden of Hope Pikmin
Kalos Pokemon League Pokémon
Boxing Ring PunchOut
Windy Hill Sonic
Battlefield Super Smash Bros.
Final Destination Super Smash Bros.
Wii Fit Studio WiiFit
Gaur Plains Xenoblade
Skyloft Zelda

Castle Siege Fire Emblem
Halberd Kirby

Great Fox Starfox
Game & Wario Wario

Town and City Animal Crossing
Bramble Blast DK
Jungle Hijinx DK
Mute City F-Zero
Green House Game & Watch
Underworld Kid Icarus
Cookie Country Kirby
Mt. DeDeDe Kirby
Patch Land Kirby
Bowser's Castle Mario
Tourian Metroid
Magicant Mother
Endless Ocean Other (Endless Ocean)
NES Remix Other (General Nintendo?)
Nintendo Land Other (General Nintendo?)
Shooting Gallery Other (General Nintendo?)
Rhythm Heaven Other (Rhythm Heaven)
Nimbassa City Pokémon
Gyromite ROB
Yoshi's Story Yoshi
Forest Haven Zelda
Smashville Animal Crossing
Rumble Falls DK
Port Town Aero Dive F-Zero

Flat Zone 2 Game & Watch
Skyworld Kid Icarus
Delfino Plaza Mario
Luigi's Mansion Mario
Rainbow Cruise Mario
Norfair Metroid
Onett Mother

Distant Planet Pikmin
Pokemon Stadium 2 Pokémon
Lylat Cruise Starfox

WarioWare Wario
Yoshi's Island (Melee) Yoshi
Bridge of Eldin Zelda
Pirate Ship Zelda
Temple Zelda
Green: Possible confirmed new stage

I like the stage list, and we've got loads of representation from big franchises. I want to believe this so bad, but the whole '5 new characters' and 'Ridley is wingless' make me think this is not true. I'm hoping, though. I want Ridley and Mewtwo so bad, and this stage list only sweetens the deal. Tower of Smash itself sounds like a great mode to replace events - I liked the variety of events, but a lot of the Brawl ones forced you to play a specific character for no reason (Zelda climbing the waterfall? Peach making the leaves red?), so I'm hoping for that too. And true test-of-character, Target Tests unlike the only 5 in Brawl, are most welcome back.
Why are the great fox and Game & Wario in green? Shouldn't they be in red?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Stage Universe
Town and City . Animal Crossing
Coliseum Fire Emblem
Palutena's Temple Kid Icarus
Mario Galaxy Mario
Mushroom Kingdom UMario
Wily's Castle Mega Man
Pyrosphere Metroid
Pilot Wings Other (Pilotwings)
Pac-Land Pac-Man
Garden of Hope Pikmin
Kalos Pokemon LeaguePokémon
Boxing Ring PunchOut
Windy Hill Sonic
Battlefield Super Smash Bros.
Final Destination Super Smash Bros.
Wii Fit Studio WiiFit
Gaur Plains Xenoblade
Skyloft Zelda

Castle Siege Fire Emblem
Halberd Kirby

Great Fox Starfox
Game & Wario Wario

Bramble Blast DK
Jungle Hijinx DK
Mute City F-Zero
Green House Game & Watch
Underworld Kid Icarus
Cookie Country Kirby
Mt. DeDeDe Kirby
Patch Land Kirby
Bowser's Castle Mario
Tourian Metroid
Magicant Mother
Endless Ocean Other (Endless Ocean)
NES Remix Other (General Nintendo?)
Nintendo Land Other (General Nintendo?)
Shooting Gallery Other (General Nintendo?)
Rhythm Heaven Other (Rhythm Heaven)
Nimbassa City Pokémon
Gyromite ROB
Yoshi's Story Yoshi
Forest Haven Zelda
Smashville Animal Crossing
Rumble Falls DK
Port Town Aero Dive F-Zero

Flat Zone 2 Game & Watch
Skyworld Kid Icarus
Delfino Plaza Mario
Luigi's Mansion Mario
Rainbow Cruise Mario
Norfair Metroid
Onett Mother

Distant Planet Pikmin
Pokemon Stadium 2 Pokémon
Lylat Cruise Starfox

WarioWare Wario
Yoshi's Island (Melee)Yoshi
Bridge of Eldin Zelda
Pirate Ship Zelda
Temple Zelda
Green: Possible confirmed new stage

PS - let me know if any of the universes are wrong. I don't know all of the franchises

EDIT: formatting fail
Cheers, this is really useful.

I'd be every conceivable shade of okay with this leak being real. There's some truly unexpected and intriguing stages in there that I'd be all for seeing - come on Bowser's Castle and Nintendo Land!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Stage
Universe
Town and City
Animal Crossing
Coliseum
Fire Emblem
Palutena's Temple
Kid Icarus
Mario Galaxy
Mario
Mushroom Kingdom U
Mario
Wily's Castle
Mega Man
Pyrosphere
Metroid
Pilot Wings
Other (Pilotwings)
Pac-Land
Pac-Man
Garden of Hope
Pikmin
Kalos Pokemon League
Pokémon
Boxing Ring
PunchOut
Windy Hill
Sonic
Battlefield
Super Smash Bros.
Final Destination
Super Smash Bros.
Wii Fit Studio
WiiFit
Gaur Plains
Xenoblade
Skyloft
Zelda
Castle Siege
Fire Emblem
Halberd
Kirby
Great Fox
Starfox
Game & Wario
Wario
Bramble Blast
DK
Jungle Hijinx
DK
Mute City
F-Zero
Green House
Game & Watch
Underworld
Kid Icarus
Cookie Country
Kirby
Mt. DeDeDe
Kirby
Patch Land
Kirby
Bowser's Castle
Mario
Tourian
Metroid
Magicant
Mother
Endless Ocean
Other (Endless Ocean)
NES Remix
Nintendo Land
Shooting Gallery
Rhythm Heaven
Other (Rhythm Heaven)
Nimbassa City
Pokémon
Gyromite
ROB
Yoshi's Story
Yoshi
Forest Haven
Zelda
Smashville
Animal Crossing
Rumble Falls
DK
Port Town Aero Dive
F-Zero
Flat Zone 2
Game & Watch
Skyworld
Kid Icarus
Delfino Plaza
Mario
Luigi's Mansion
Mario
Rainbow Cruise
Mario
Norfair
Metroid
Onett
Mother
Distant Planet
Pikmin
Pokemon Stadium 2
Pokémon
Lylat Cruise
Starfox
WarioWare
Wario
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Yoshi
Bridge of Eldin
Zelda
Pirate Ship
Zelda
Temple
Zelda
Green: Possible confirmed new stage (confirmed name does not match leaked name)

EDIT: formatting fail. again
The great fox is supose to be red

And castle seige should be underlined due to being another correctly guessed

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
A thought I had is that this 'Gamer' stage could be just a section of a larger Game & Wario stage, sort of like the microgames from WarioWare. Maybe it cycles though the various minigames, each with different rules?

Also, 'wingless' Ridley could mean that he keeps them folded up or something when not flying.

I don't think this is legit, yet one reason I hope it is; we'll get Greenhouse as a stage, and maybe it's infectiously catchy theme from Game & Watch Gallery 3.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
But then... what is this thread for? I don't mean to sound rude, but for those of us without access to an exclusive group, it's nice being able to follow along with other people's speculation and see how it aligns with our own. I like that it becomes sort of a time capsule to look back on after the leak either pans out or falls through. Soon there won't be anything left to speculate over anyway, and I'm honestly kind of going to miss it. For now at least, cutting discussion off might be jumping the gun - it's not like we're in the chaos zone quite yet. That said, if it DOES turn into a loop of people screaming at each other than of course my opinion would change.

More on topic, I agree with others that while this stage is an encouraging sign, it really doesn't prove anything yet. If a new Wii U stage keeps getting shown weekly though, this could get very interesting.

Oh, side note, this stage is AWESOME:estatic:.
You didn't sound rude. No worries. :4pacman:
It's for discussing thoughts and opinions on a mode which is similarly described in the leak. Hence the thread's title referring only to "Tower of Smash." It's not so much a question of validity, but more so asking whether or not you'd want "Tower of Smash" to actually be a real thing and discussing such a mode's potential impacts, if that makes any sense. It's a hypothetical question

If this was just a thread asking "real or fake," I think it would've been locked the minute it opened. :laugh:

I just don't like seeing...well, what leak validity discussion usually seems to turns into as of relatively recently. :urg:
Sure, I can't really do much in terms of preemptive measures, especially if it's bound to happen anyway, but I thought I could at least try.
Hopefully it doesn't get to that point (hopefully hopefully hopefully), but, if the past is anything to go by, I have a gut feeling that it will turn into...that.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
A thought I had is that this 'Gamer' stage could be just a section of a larger Game & Wario stage, sort of like the microgames from WarioWare. Maybe it cycles though the various minigames, each with different rules?
As much as I'd like to see Ashley's minigame, the stage had been presented as Gamer, and not Game&Wario.

As Gamer was the game closest to WarioWare, and also one of the best from Game&Wario, I'm more than ok with this stage.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Can anyone put together a complete list of information related to this leak?

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
What has he/she correctly guessed and did this person get anything wrong yet?

D

Deleted member

I wish Corneria was a returning stage in the Wii U version instead of the 3DS. My all-time favorite

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Here's the original post from the leaker -
I just realized something, I had yet to actually look at the stages but Nimbassa city? Why? What significance does it have?
Also Forest haven?? Bramble blast??

These choices are so weird but honestly it makes me believe it more, if you're gonna try and leak something fake why would you do that?

EDIT: Just realized nimbassa city has a ferris wheel, suddenly a less strange choice

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I fail to see the problem with Forest Haven. A stage with the Deku Tree is obligatory awesome. Even the Wind Waker's Deku tree.

Reminds me that Saria's Song is in the WiiU version, and it would be perfect on forest haven. It's been seen for Skyloft, but I remember, during Brawl's Dojo era, that a song was misplaced on Delfino Plaza.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I fail to see the problem with Forest Haven. A stage with the Deku Tree is obligatory awesome. Even the Wind Waker's Deku tree.

Reminds me that Saria's Song is in the WiiU version, and it would be perfect on forest haven. It's been seen for Skyloft, but I remember, during Brawl's Dojo era, that a song was misplaced on Delfino Plaza.
But it's just such a random choice, although I agree it would be awesome, battling on those lilypads. Plus it would look gourgeous

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
But it's just such a random choice, although I agree it would be awesome, battling on those lilypads. Plus it would look gourgeous
As random as the Reset Bomb Forest or the Great Bay, I guess :p Sometimes, some stages doesn't really makes sense, in term of importance in their own series, but those are awesome nonetheless.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
You do have a point, sakurai tends to favour uniqueness over importance anyway so I guess it makes sense
Same applies to the new Gamer stage, even if it's the closest to Warioware in Game&Wario!

There have been a lot of random and odd choices for stages in brawl especially :p
Lylat Cruise, I guess? The only time a stage is not the Great Fox, it's just a random space opera stage :troll:

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I think people focus way too heavily on what could basically be weird wording by the leak's author. The Ridley thing could be referring to having his wings fold out when he's off the ground, rather than physically sprouting from his back, and the "different moves" could mean his aerials, rather than an entirely different moveset. People are also ignoring the context of the "everything unlockable from the start" comment, which seems to be there to clarify that unlike the 3DS version, all of the characters and stages in the game are available without needing to connect the two consoles. And even if he did mean that everything is automatically unlocked for use at the beginning, perhaps he was just playing a build where everything was already unlocked for testers.

It does seem a bit too good to be true, but this leak has a lot going for it, and I have a feeling today's PotD is just the beginning. The stage list sounds incredible and also makes a lot of sense in terms of series distribution and returning stages, and the five characters are all very worthy and have been supported by other somewhat credible leakers, although Impa still seems a little suspect. In addition, I don't know if this has been mentioned, but Soul Calibur IV had an extremely similar mode called "Tower of Lost Souls", in which you basically fought through ascending floors of what was basically the Soul Calibur equivalent of Event Matches, in order to unlock custom character parts. Just like Tower of Smash, the floors had to be cleared in batches, but you could also start from higher floors if you had already cleared them. The name is even the same. Given that some of the Soul Calibur team is working on these games, it seems extremely likely that this idea could be reused, especially considering how well it works as a replacement for event battles. Or, if the leak is fake, then the leaker is definitely drawing inspiration from this mode in SCIV.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The Game & Wario reveal intrigues me, but I'll give it until the next stage reveal before deliberating any further on it.

I think @ leprechaunlink727 leprechaunlink727 pretty much sums up my opinions on it, though.

LOL DUDE

Smash Cadet
I kinda want it to be real, as a mode like that sounds like it would be pretty fun to play, but we'll have to see. I think if they reveal a stage that nobody was expecting that's on that list (like "Endless Ocean"), i'd be inclined to think that the leak is real.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
(I say in another thread but I want to say again. in the right place.)
It all gematsu again... Anyway, I don't think is fake yet, but Yesterday PotD reveal that it have is error. It walking in the true path to become real with few Random trippings and Traps set by Sakurai to become fake. And he already trigger the first trap but survive by luck.

wannabe33

Smash Apprentice
Having read through this thread, I have to say I'm surprised so many people are taking what amounts to a groundless text-only leak so seriously. I mean, I certainly hope it's true (with every fiber of my being), but there's no evidence to support it except for a sort-of correct Game & Wario guess. Am I missing something here?

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Having read through this thread, I have to say I'm surprised so many people are taking what amounts to a groundless text-only leak so seriously. I mean, I certainly hope it's true (with every fiber of my being), but there's no evidence to support it except for a sort-of correct Game & Wario guess. Am I missing something here?
Another reason why people take this "leak" more seriously than most other text leak, is how in depth the guy was in his info. He named 60 different stages, alot of them being very specific, sprinkled in with some obvious returners. The connectivity thing has some ground, as Arrows were found in the CSS and Stage Select, which suggest more things to come in both sections. And lastly, this is more logical deduction, but Nintendo has to find some way in hyping up the WiiU, and extra content from it that links up to the 3ds is the best way to help market the WiiU version which desperately needs the Smash sales.

wannabe33

Smash Apprentice
Another reason why people take this "leak" more seriously than most other text leak, is how in depth the guy was in his info. He named 60 different stages, alot of them being very specific, sprinkled in with some obvious returners. The connectivity thing has some ground, as Arrows were found in the CSS and Stage Select, which suggest more things to come in both sections. And lastly, this is more logical deduction, but Nintendo has to find some way in hyping up the WiiU, and extra content from it that links up to the 3ds is the best way to help market the WiiU version which desperately needs the Smash sales.
Good points. Though I will say that such a huge stage list seems like a point against the leak's credibility: more stages from more series means a smaller chance of being wrong.

Waverunner

Smash Cadet
I just realized something, I had yet to actually look at the stages but Nimbassa city? Why? What significance does it have?
Also Forest haven?? Bramble blast??

These choices are so weird but honestly it makes me believe it more, if you're gonna try and leak something fake why would you do that?

EDIT: Just realized nimbassa city has a ferris wheel, suddenly a less strange choice
Nimbassa City also makes sense in another way. Note how in the 3DS version we get a stage based on a major city in X and Y (Lumiose) and the Pokemon League in Black and White. We already have a confirmation that the X and Y League is a stage, so it would make sense to have a Black and White stage based in a major city, and Nimbassa would be great with its theme park feel. Nimbassa and Lumiose also both have electric type gym leaders, but I think this is irrelevant for the most part, unless it relates to Pikachu.

On the topic of wingless Ridley, he does exist, and in Other M to.
I could imagine Ridley necessarily "evolving" with his Up B, and becoming the winged beast we know and love. And maybe he can devolve with his Down B back to his wingless, but probably more durable, form. Maybe winged Ridley can fly indefinitely at the expense of being lighter. This would fit in with the Smash Direct where he flies in after Pikachu.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
On the topic of wingless Ridley, he does exist, and in Other M to.
I could imagine Ridley necessarily "evolving" with his Up B, and becoming the winged beast we know and love. And maybe he can devolve with his Down B back to his wingless, but probably more durable, form. Maybe winged Ridley can fly indefinitely at the expense of being lighter. This would fit in with the Smash Direct where he flies in after Pikachu.
That would be a transformable character, then, which this game has done away with. so no.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
It sure is weird that "Ridley grows wings" in the leak. If it's true, I guess he just spread his wings, and get special aerial. Not a transformation, but a stance.

Or he is lying about some/all the characters/all the "leak". While I want the whole thing to be true, and that I agree that the WiiU version need some incentive to buy it, I think that 5 exclusive characters may be too much, not even considering the 3DS CSS.

Waverunner

Smash Cadet
That would be a transformable character, then, which this game has done away with. so no.
He would be transformable if he was a completely different character after growing wings. But he'd still be Ridley after getting wings. And while transformable characters are gone, characters who change their own properties (Shulk and Monado Arts) and characters who change attacks (Robin and his Tomes/Levin Sword) are thriving in the new Smash.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
He would be transformable if he was a completely different character after growing wings. But he'd still be Ridley after getting wings. And while transformable characters are gone, characters who change their own properties (Shulk and Monado Arts) and characters who change attacks (Robin and his Tomes/Levin Sword) are thriving in the new Smash.
I'm pretty sure when the leaker said grow wings, he meant they unfold. Bad wording perhaps, but you are claiming a complete revamp/form change. Shulk and Robin don't go through that.

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
I'd suspect the up-b makes him unfurl/grow his wings and fly like ROB or Pit, plus give him a different set of aerials like, say, a tail pogo, an aerial grab or a downward angle on his breath attacks, but the second he sticks a landing or runs out of flight time he goes right back into ground mode. This would both be a close approximation of his fighting style from Prime/Other M and allow him to have abilities based on the 2D Metroid games where he was a pure flier. It also wouldn't amount to a true transformation because flight Ridley would not be either a feasible or complete character in his own right. And it'd be a new, unique and promising gameplay mechanic, something all the newcomers have. Except for the clones. And Ridley is not sufficiently like Charizard in body shape to be able to be a Charizard clone.

But this is all wishful speculation either way.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'd suspect the up-b makes him unfurl/grow his wings and fly like ROB or Pit, plus give him a different set of aerials like, say, a tail pogo, an aerial grab or a downward angle on his breath attacks, but the second he sticks a landing or runs out of flight time he goes right back into ground mode. This would both be a close approximation of his fighting style from Prime/Other M and allow him to have abilities based on the 2D Metroid games where he was a pure flier. It also wouldn't amount to a true transformation because flight Ridley would not be either a feasible or complete character in his own right. And it'd be a new, unique and promising gameplay mechanic, something all the newcomers have. Except for the clones. And Ridley is not sufficiently like Charizard in body shape to be able to be a Charizard clone.

But this is all wishful speculation either way.
This reminds me the fact that Bowser Jr Up-B gives him special aerial attacks while he isn't in his Koopa Clown Car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom