• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toyman Trials -- DONE FOR NOW-- - Brawl/Melee Bi-Weeklies - Kaukauna WI.

hunger!

Smash Champion
wafles team with grimace

edit at jazz: not worth the trip to come up from IL. wait until like june where theres going to be a big MW melee tourney hosted by spikes

Aerox00

Smash Cadet
Hey, the soonest that I'll be able to make it there is roughly 4:00. If hunger and I were going to team, we would have to push it back til then for teams. Which, if we do melee, would be reasonable. We could have melee at whenever, then brawl singles, and I should make it back sometime in there for doubles. But, if we don't want to **** with the whole thing or I'm not teaming with hunger this time, then don't worry about it.

Ethan.

Smash Ace
ok so turns out my plans MIGHT be cancelled.. laura got strep throat she told me she'll call me tomorrow.

so i might still come.

Jazzness

Smash Ace
wafles team with grimace

edit at jazz: not worth the trip to come up from IL. wait until like june where theres going to be a big MW melee tourney hosted by spikes
It's more like practice for the upcoming Midwest Circuit for Melee. Brightside and Alberto might play some Brawl, as well. It's been awhile since we've played in tournament. We won't take no for an answer :p

We might be back up in June, no idea yet though.

So it'll be me, Brightside, Alcheato, and Dave from Illinois coming up. Please at least get like 7 people for Melee ... Kish2 you should come n play as well!

--- --- --- ---

PS -- I'll also bring at least 1 MELEE-ONLY setup. We'll be arriving between 11am and noon, so please hold on Melee-doubles and singles registration until we get there please.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
It's more like practice for the upcoming Midwest Circuit for Melee. Brightside and Alberto might play some Brawl, as well. It's been awhile since we've played in tournament. We won't take no for an answer :p

We might be back up in June, no idea yet though.

So it'll be me, Brightside, Alcheato, and Dave from Illinois coming up. Please at least get like 7 people for Melee ... Kish2 you should come n play as well!

--- --- --- ---

PS -- I'll also bring at least 1 MELEE-ONLY setup. We'll be arriving between 11am and noon, so please hold on Melee-doubles and singles registration until we get there please.
You do know that all the tournies are just 5 bucks each, so you won't win much.

Jazzness

Smash Ace
We're not exactly planning on making bank on this tourney, Lone. Besides, there's no guarantee we'll win anything.

Instead of trying to convince us not to come up, why not just prepare for our arrival and have a good time playing new people?

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
We're not exactly planning on making bank on this tourney, Lone. Besides, there's no guarantee we'll win anything.

Instead of trying to convince us not to come up, why not just prepare for our arrival and have a good time playing new people?
Oh thats fine with you guys going, I just don't want you guys coming down here, and expecting a lot of money and being ticked that it's so low. But It'll be a lot of fun playing some quality IL players in melee. See ya guys tomorrow.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
18spikes, Mundungu, it's been awhile.

Try to get some attention for this, where's Tapion, Sauce, Crash, Hayate? Does anyone still play?
JAZZNESS!! I haven't seen you in at least a year!

Tapion, Sauce, Crash don't really play anymore, and I dont know what the deal is with hayate. All of WI (except Quaz) will most likely be there though. I think we'll get around 20 melee people at this.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
lol superquick shouts
alcheato: woot doc dittos rule lol, keep up the good doc and see how you like that up b :lick:
brightside: omg I dont know what happened :urg: im never picking green greens again lmao.
jazzness: really gg's, grats on winning and see you at the MW events
dave: fun set, you have a scary luigi
ethan: first 2 games were pretty good but then game 3 :( oh well. sandwiches rule
mundungu: ggs and we should have played some friendlies :( ethan and i tried calling you on the way back to ask if you wanted to smash at my house but your phone was off .oh well maybe some other time
lone: fsmash
bil: lol blue yoshi :cool: we had some good derkl's today. keep my secret.
lightenup: thanks for showing up, hope you stay into smash cause you seem like a cool dude
hunger: ty for hosting, i like your kirby
grmce: you hav a thumpin ringtone, have a divine sandwich next time
toby: you are the happiest dog :heart:

Bil

Smash Ace
mundungu : super fun ganon dittos, we should have done more...****ing windmill spike.
grimace's mom : you ****ing own, are we hosting a smash tourney at your house?
grimace : you own in general.
hunger : **** IC's
AeroX(notice the capital X) : you're a ****ing gentleman.
fatboy : wolf falcon ftw.
Toby : GG **** in teams, and nice wombo combo in singles by yourself. You're a super happy guy.
Lone : you're gay for playing sheik.
Spikes : I'll keep that secret forever. Noone else will know.
Wafles : You owe me Honor.
Illinios : You guys are gg, hope to see you at FBT6, I didn't play any of you =/.
Vino : Jiggly is dumb.
=/ I probably forgot someone.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Shouts
Ethan - Good **** in teams, that last stock in the last set of losers finals was amazing :eek: We should just combo like that all the time!
Spikes - Fun set, I want to play your doc with gannon some more. I think you called my old phone, I got a new number. Ethan should have it :ohwell:
Jazzness - Grats on winning, and fun matches. Your fox completely destroys me! I need more practice against patient foxes I guess.
Brightside - GGs and lol icies. I always forget that's a character in smash bros :urg:
Alcheato - Awesome friendlies and teams matches. Those sets were some of the most intense matches Ive played.
Dave - Good to meet you! You've got a very solid weeg and know how to exploit character weaknesses well.
Bil - GANON DITTOS :mad::chuckle::dizzy::laugh:
Windmill - Nice spike
HungerOne - Thanks for hosting. You should main ice climbers in melee. WI needs an icy main!!
Everyone else - We should play next time!

IL - I'm so glad you showed up! We rarely get a chance to play you guys. Hopefully it was worth the drive, no one really stuck around very long :cry:

lightenup

Smash Rookie
This was my first time bein around real players I had no idea how much I was missing in Smash. Didn't even know about wavedash til yesterday, couldn't say what else. Haven't seen you guys on Brawl though..

Anyways, thanks. Can't wait to get my azz kicked by you guys again. It was fun.

Bil

Smash Ace
This was my first time bein around real players I had no idea how much I was missing in Smash. Didn't even know about wavedash til yesterday, couldn't say what else. Haven't seen you guys on Brawl though..

Anyways, thanks. Can't wait to get my azz kicked by you guys again. It was fun.
get good at melee, I think brawl will be dying down, and melee is going to be coming back.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
get good at melee, I think brawl will be dying down, and melee is going to be coming back.
I've only been seeing brawl tournaments getting bigger not smaller, from what I've been seeing here in Illinois.
(Disclaimer: this is in no way shape or form a brawl is better then melee statement or vica verca.)

Wafles

Smash Lord
Brawl has a lack of interest in WI, and it's disgusting because it prevents the community from getting much bigger. Melee is a lot of fun, but brawl can be a lot of fun too (teams!).

Hunger, let Lone take over these, and ****, if you seriously have issues about running these fun little shindigs I'll ****ing take over. Are these really that much of a burden? The melee turnout was good, and these are lots of fun.

hunger!

Smash Champion
i have no problem running them. i just dont want to search for a venue and i dont want to keep doing them at toymans. we'll set up new tourney series hopefully at spike's house

edit: the smash community for both brawl and melee equally suck in wisconsin.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
finding a good venue is always hard.. i would say try a play n trade but it looks like you only have two in your state and they seem kinda far from where this was.

Ethan.

Smash Ace
yeah there's a lack of venues in wisconsin also. wisconsin as a state doesn't make for good smash.

Wafles

Smash Lord
There's a huge difference between me (a level 25 who rarely plays and doesn't really give a ****) and level 80s who log in for 4 or more hours every day.

Jazzness

Smash Ace
Hey guys!

I just want you all to know I had a great time playing all of you! Thanks to the tournament host (Ed?) and for everyone who showed up!

18spikes & Mundungu: LONG time no see! It was really great to play you both again!

Ethan.

Smash Ace
Keep this thread alive, lets discuss possible venues for these biweeklies. I want to keep melee going lol.

anyway after I move, its possible that I could hold the biweeklies at my house, but other than that I'm out of ideas. Steve's house maybe?

Wafles

Smash Lord
Spikes basement would be awesome, we'd have to do a lot of cleaning up to make enough room though. lol...

But yeah, these are getting more and more fun for me since I'm starting to play melee more instead of brawl.

Ethan.

Smash Ace
Spikes basement would be awesome, we'd have to do a lot of cleaning up to make enough room though. lol...

But yeah, these are getting more and more fun for me since I'm starting to play melee more instead of brawl.
welcome to the correct way of thinking about smash.

Quaz

Smash Master
so Lone Jedi, wanna start traveling to tourneys now and giving me rides? lool

btw I lied I still main peach in melee. wtf why would I quit peach ahahahaha.

but I bet everyone predicted me to come out and say that eventually. Thats right everyone, you're all right! I didnt quit peach!

Top Bottom