• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[TPG] SlumberLAN tournament $3000+ in prizes! PRIZES ANNOUNCED!

TehPwnGaming

Smash Cadet
K, just curious, cause I'm already planning on bringing a CRT. It's all good.

I know a lot of people have been wondering, and I'm going to ask. Is the bracket going to be seeded at all? Some of us are concerned that the best players might end up playing each other too soon in the bracket. I'm not sure how the people running the tourney would know how to seed it, since they don't know all the players. I was just wondering if there was going to be an attempt though.
There are two ways that this has been dealt with. The first is fairly simple and up to the 10-15 of you to separate yourself when signing up for Melee at the Tournament Registration Booth. This meaning that when you are registering, make sure that all of you do not register back to back to ensure that you won't be put against each other too early in the tournament.

Second, a list of names and gamer tags of the top 15 players have been requested from a community member and the Tournament Registration Booth admin will be able to help seed during the registration process.

Also, one change has been announced on the tournament rules and regulations!

"The first stage of each Super Smash Bros. Melee match will now be chosen by stage striking. This works as follows: From the neutral stages (Yoshi’s Story, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield' Dream Land (N64), and Final Destination), player A vetoes a stage, then player B vetoes a stage. This repeats, leaving one stage as the battleground of the first game".

Finally, the Informational Packet is up and ready for your viewing pleasure. This will answer all of your questions with regards to check-in, tournament registration booth process, food and other important topics! Please go check it out on our website at www.tehpwngaming.com

LaneDavis

Smash Rookie
Hey, this is Lane, Tournament Director for slumberLAN.

I know a lot of people have been wondering, and I'm going to ask. Is the bracket going to be seeded at all? Some of us are concerned that the best players might end up playing each other too soon in the bracket. I'm not sure how the people running the tourney would know how to seed it, since they don't know all the players. I was just wondering if there was going to be an attempt though.
I've asked a few of the local SSBM community to list good players that should be spaced apart. If you'd like to add to this list, please email me at lanedavis.csl@gmail.com. The truth is we are new to the local Smash scene and, as you suspect, we haven't had a chance to watch most of the entrants play. We'll do our best to keep respected players separated though, thanks to input from locals.

FluxWolf, arrive between 4pm and 7pm Friday to pay at the door. Also, the $10 pass is a Limited Pass, which allows spectating and free play, but not entrance to the tournaments.

Maxwell Too Swell

Smash Apprentice
Are matches that aren't quarter-final, semi-final, and finals still only best of 1? Or has it been changed to best of 3? I haven't been doing a good job of keeping track. Sorry. :\

TehPwnGaming

Smash Cadet
the information packet links to the prizes again when i click on it.
Fixed! Thanks for letting us know!

Are matches that aren't quarter-final, semi-final, and finals still only best of 1? Or has it been changed to best of 3? I haven't been doing a good job of keeping track. Sorry. :\
All tournament rules and regulations are on our website at www.tehpwngaming.com

LaneDavis

Smash Rookie
Changes made in the last month:

• Matches are best-of-three, QF and SF bo5, Finals bo7
  • Tournament is double-elimination
  • First stage of a match chosen by stage-striking from neutral stages

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
BTW I'm going to be bringing my VHS recorder so that I can use it on any Melee setup and make sure to try and get as many tourney matches recorded as possible. So that'll be a total of 3 recording setups from Standardtoaster and I. The Dazzle for the stream TV, a Pinnacle Video Transfer for our 2nd TV, and my VHS Recorder for someone else's Melee TV. :)

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Although, I'm going to have to bring 4+ VHS tapes lol. IDK how to change it from recording 2 hrs to 4 hrs or w/e. I'll just leave it as is, I just have to have a reminder to switch out the VHS tapes. :laugh:

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Topic owner, edit main post and put link to melee stream in the slot that says "stream" then it will show up on the list of streams AND there will be a link to it at the top of this thread for everyone to see. This is muy importante

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
oyeah... someone should just make one then i dunno. results were like:

1: Deepak (3 way split)
2: Amanze (3 way split)
3: Tempest (3 way split)
4: FluxWolf
5: Wake
5: RRR

thats all i know.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Google Docs > everyone and their mother

hey gg's in all the matches we played Monk (friendlys, mms, tourny) keep up the good work on project m, its very fun! fix wavedash oos so u dont have to drop ur shield first!!

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I really want to rematch, fluxWolf. :) I really want to work on the spacies matchup. I did well against you though. Too bad our "set" wasn't recorded! :( sooo close

:phone:

RRR's kirby is legit, yo

I'm sure it was because it was so late and everyone was tired

Also, Max should cut down on the NOS LOL

Wake

Smash Master
Yeah I played you a couple times Monk... MW seems to love Samus for some odd reason :p I guess I can do shout outs here pretty soon if there won't be a results thread.

Top Bottom