• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tracks Missing from the OST(Roy & Mewtwo victory theme)

danio13

Smash Cadet
I am not really concerned of downloadable characters but I think downloadable music seems more possible

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I'm guessing they had planned to make different victory themes, instead of having them already made and taking them out. I don't understand why they would create that and then scrap it.... unless they're deciding to do that as a download pack later on?

Man.. I wish Mewtwo and Roy had actually made it. If there's downloadable characters, I'm gonna bet that they come first.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Doubt there will be downloable characters otherwise anyone can get into Brawl, provided they were pre-made.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Doubt there will be downloable characters otherwise anyone can get into Brawl, provided they were pre-made.
you say that like it's a bad thing.

I am not really concerned of downloadable characters but I think downloadable music seems more possible
The thing that really needs to be downloadable are stage builder parts. Or at least backgrounds. Seriously, only 3 backgrounds? Bull Spit.

But I still don't understand what's the logic behind removing roy and mewtwo. I mean, falco got to return, and he was just as much of a clone as roy was.

and removing mewtwo was just a stupid move, period.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Ah... about the backgrounds for the Stage Builder. We don't know how many themes we start with..... and besides those are three ADDITIONAL sets that we're getting, you know?

The Boogerman

Smash Cadet
bump, also, i read on gamefaqs that the reason SSBB got delayed in america was because Sakurai was adding Roy and Mewtwo, and they would later be added as DLC for Japan.

Now, before I have to hear "It's gfaqs, lulz" or anything like that, supposedly the guy who said this is trustworthy. We'll know for sure in a few days, wont we?

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Ah... about the backgrounds for the Stage Builder. We don't know how many themes we start with..... and besides those are three ADDITIONAL sets that we're getting, you know?
No.

Throughout the entire game, you're always stuck with the same 3 backgrounds. Yes, there's only 3. and you don't get anymore. which sucks ;_;

bump, also, i read on gamefaqs that the reason SSBB got delayed in america was because Sakurai was adding Roy and Mewtwo, and they would later be added as DLC for Japan.

Now, before I have to hear "It's gfaqs, lulz" or anything like that, supposedly the guy who said this is trustworthy. We'll know for sure in a few days, wont we?
Hopefully.
I doubt it, since G4 already has the american version, but then again, they didn't bother to show us any unlockables, so I suppose it's possible.

who is this particular person anyway?

The Boogerman

Smash Cadet
No.

Throughout the entire game, you're always stuck with the same 3 backgrounds. Yes, there's only 3. and you don't get anymore. which sucks ;_;

Hopefully.
I doubt it, since G4 already has the american version, but then again, they didn't bother to show us any unlockables, so I suppose it's possible.

who is this particular person anyway?

A guy named Snakey talked to a guy named Tfox or something, and supposedly that's what Tfox said.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
For those who don't know, I am Snakey on GameFAQs.

Yes, I have talked with a reliable source, and he has told me that Roy and Mewtwo are being added to the North American version of Brawl (and later versions such as PAL will also have them). However, these two characters will be DLC for Japan. Finally, when I asked him about the other Forbidden 7 (Dr. Mario, Plusle & Minun, Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda, and Toon Sheik), he said he has not heard anything about them.

tirkaro

Smash Champion

Yes, I have talked with a reliable source, and he has told me that Roy and Mewtwo are being added to the North American version of Brawl (and later versions such as PAL will also have them). However, these two characters will be DLC for Japan. Finally, when I asked him about the other Forbidden 7 (Dr. Mario, Plusle & Minun, Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda, and Toon Sheik), he said he has not heard anything about them.
Oh, well that's a relief.

At first, I was going to say this was fake, since any random gamefaqer can make stuff up :)

But I suppose this is a glimmer of hope. Lets just hope this guy is as faithful as I hear.

Bursting_Rythem

Smash Cadet

Where are those two going on the select screen?

That's the problem I have with that statment. Take it as you will, but it seems nuts to throw off the balance of the select screen to put make an odd number of chareters

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Where are those two going on the select screen?

That's the problem I have with that statment. Take it as you will, but it seems nuts to throw off the balance of the select screen to put make an odd number of chareters
My guess is that there is going to be a column just for DLC characters.

Bursting_Rythem

Smash Cadet
My guess is that there is going to be a column just for DLC characters.
But right now, and odds are, always wll be, Roy and Mewtwo.

Unless they're just stuck akuwardly on the side, they would go with their series like the rest of the roster.

I'm not saying that you or anyone else is lieing. It just seems like a bizzare design choice to put in two more chareters, script in new SSE segments, possibly new events, code new trophies, ect ect, for the North American and European releses while relesing DLC elsewhere.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

Unless they're just stuck akuwardly on the side, they would go with their series like the rest of the roster.

I'm not saying that you or anyone else is lieing. It just seems like a bizzare design choice to put in two more chareters, script in new SSE segments, possibly new events, code new trophies, ect ect, for the North American and European releses while relesing DLC elsewhere.
Only Japan will have the two as DLC. Everyone else will have the two fully coded on the disc.

My source is basically the MarkMan of Advance Wars, and has revealed many things about the series months and weeks before their official unveil.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman

Wow, a cutscene to unlock Roy and Mewtwo in SSE is all that is needed and all that Wolf, Toon Link, and Jigglypuff got. About all that is really needed is making trophies, and having a way to have them playable in every mode... That's probably less than the character themselves.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
I saw your post on GameFAQs a while ago, and it made me hopeful for new stuff to be added in the future, but I have to ask: was this Tfox guy one of the "prophets" who predicted the 35 character roster pre-release? If so, this gives him a lot more credibility...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I saw your post on GameFAQs a while ago, and it made me hopeful for new stuff to be added in the future, but I have to ask: was this Tfox guy one of the "prophets" who predicted the 35 character roster pre-release? If so, this gives him a lot more credibility...
No.

The only "prophets" that turned out to be telling the truth were:

NyaseNya
ChaosZero
ShadowXOR
Serebii
MarkMan
Reno

This guy has revealed stuff about Smash Bros. prior to its official unveil, however, it has mostly been Advance Wars related.

Luigi player

Smash Master

WTF O_o
I know you're a trustworthy person so I REALLY hope that Tfox is believeable...
I really have my hopes up now that you've said this... please don't disappoint us...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
WTF O_o
I know you're a trustworthy person so I REALLY hope that Tfox is believeable...
I really have my hopes up now that you've said this... please don't disappoint us...
What I am really waiting on is Sakurai's speech at the GDC next week. If there is going to be any DLC for Brawl, he would most likely mention it there. Also, the man behind Wii Ware is also going to make a speech at GDC next week, so I would pay attention to his speech as well.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
What I am really waiting on is Sakurai's speech at the GDC next week. If there is going to be any DLC for Brawl, he would most likely mention it there. Also, the man behind Wii Ware is also going to make a speech at GDC next week, so I would pay attention to his speech as well.
Oh wow, I'd completely forgotten about the "post"-mortem speech thing. When exactly was the date for that again? Considering it was essentially about "building characters" I wouldn't be suprised of him mentioning cut characters or "future" downloadable characters. Should be interesting to see how it turns out.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

:confused:

Wow... Who would have thought that this was actually a very real possibility? I'll admit that it crossed my mind, but I highly doubted the chance that it could be true. I would get all excited now to have Claus / Masked Man in the game, although I know all-too well that there isn't a trace of him on the disc itself. So I guess...this is okay news.

(For people who like Roy and Mewtwo...)

Only Japan will have the two as DLC. Everyone else will have the two fully coded on the disc.

My source is basically the MarkMan of Advance Wars, and has revealed many things about the series months and weeks before their official unveil.
Hm, quite interesting. Good to know that this guy has some credibility.

Yes, and I wish I could attend. :ohwell: It will be very interesting to see what he says. Thanks for all of the information!

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
wait are you seriuos chrono. you actually have a source that told you this. ive been hoping for a really long time they were downloadable or sometin like that. please tell me you arent lying. and just trying to get attention. and there is a speech from sakurai coming up. once it pops up can someone give me a link to where it is (pm me it). *hopes for mew2 and roy* there still might be a chance, yay (still acceptin it with a little more then a grain of salt so i wont be that disappointed if they dont show though)

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Whoa.... Someone needs to drop this 'rumor' over at the Neogaf and see what Markman and them have to say about it. I'm torn between believing this and not...

Chepe

Smash Lord
OMG Chrono, you serious? If so.... YES!!!!! :chuckle:

If you recall, your Roy thread on the Character discussion forums made me want Roy in Brawl, and I was disappointed when I found out he wasnt in... And Mewtwo? A buffed Mewtwo... I had been waiting for that since Brawl was unveiled and its probably going to happen after all... :)

If they really are doing this, then Sakurai will surely mention it at GDC Id say... and you know what? Theres a good chance some of the music tracks that didnt make the initial cut will be completed and also added to the NA/PAL version and downloadable for JPN release.

Rakath

Smash Ace
If there are four reveiled added characters, it can be done without tossing the organization:

Mewtwo goes next to Jigglypuff (before Lucas). Roy goes above him (After Lucario), The other two go either after Marth and Ike, or after Game&Watch and Ike. However if there are two they could just go on one side, as none of the other junk character data can be placed easily like I suggest...

Hope this is true...

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Wow CB. This is big news. You're one of the people I trust most, so I hope your source pans out.

This is pretty exciting. I honestly am a bit excited about Roy returning, and I would love to see what they've done to Mewtwo... But if this is true I'm curious about what this could mean for the future of Brawl. If Japan got Down loadable characters, then we could get some too eventually. Right now though it only looks like we'd ever get Plusle &Minun, Toon Zelda/Sheik, Dixie Kong, and Dr, Mario, but who knows... And maybe even new stages and music too.

Here is my thing though... Mewtwo and Roy will drastically screw up the order of the character selection screen right now. So either we'd definitely need more characters to make it line up right, or this isn't true...

EDIT:
If there are four reveiled added characters, it can be done without tossing the organization:

Mewtwo goes next to Jigglypuff (before Lucas). Roy goes above him (After Lucario), The other two go either after Marth and Ike, or after Game&Watch and Ike. However if there are two they could just go on one side, as none of the other junk character data can be placed easily like I suggest...

Hope this is true...
Looks like my point was addressed while I was typing it. *laugh* But it still wouldn't be a rectangle... It'd be a bit off...

Chepe

Smash Lord
Wow... SMRPG music in the game after all... But perhaps that music isnt copyrighted by Square Enix? But, I think thats evidence enough that Sakurai went for Geno...

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Aaaaah! Ballad of the Windfish is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! O.o Man on man, is this REALLY in or just not accessible for My Music?? Woooow.. That's no Smashing song, but deeeaaang! It's so lovely to listen to!

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
We've known about the cut music a while, but I thought they were just filenames. <_< Is that download real...?

Regardless I love them all. So Thanks for the music. Got anymore from the list? Particularly the Melee one. It says Fourside, but "Because I love you" is Fourside.

I think the Melee one is Saria's song... Since it is on a picture in Iwata Asks volume 6.

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
Well I've never heard the versions I'm hearing right now and I've heard many remixes and remakes of songs. they could been completed but cut at the last minute.

Chepe

Smash Lord
The download is real. I can attest to that. They definitely seem a little scratchy at some points which I think means they were just unpolished, but they are definitely Brawl renditions of those songs... And the Ballad of the Windfish one in particular is nice. Its too bad they decided against finishing/including them...

EDIT: I think these are fake now... Goopygoo makes Brawl remixes of many songs it seems.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Its too bad they decided against finishing/including them...
Up until now...

Really, if the Roy and Myu2 rumor pans out, how do we know what actually got cut out from the stateside game?

Top Bottom