• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tracks Missing from the OST(Roy & Mewtwo victory theme)

Rakath

Smash Ace
On the Yahoo page about Brawl (Here) the character section has the title of "Actually, there are over 40 reasons you want it". Now it isn't proof of itself, however it does make me go "Hmm" in responce to it. As, counting the 4 transformation characters, Mewtwo and Roy takes us to 41.

celebi23

Smash Cadet
Here's another hint for Mewtwo being the last one cut from the game. You know the 99MB BRSAR file? I used the brsar_unpack from here http://www.hcs64.com/in_cube.html & found something interesting. You know the sound effect that plays when you select a character? Well, Mewtwo has one. "snd_vc_select_mewtwo.wav" & it's a 4 kb file. It's just a placeholder/ leftover file. I extracted the DOUBUTSUGO_JP_BOY.BRSAR file & the smashbros_sound.BRSAR file. In total, it's about 290 MB. I could try uploading it somewhere if you want. Unfortunately, the brsar_unpack extracted all audio files EXCEPT the music ones :(

Oh & is the archive, of 3 of the cut songs, posted by Goopygoo legit?

Chepe

Smash Lord
Yeah, Im sure Roy got cut a little before Mewtwo, who must have been in the game a year ago Im sure... Seeing as Wolf is probably the last character added (no victory music ever planned, central SSE exclusion, last one to fight after Snake and Sonic in roster event match), Im starting to think that Wolf got added right after Mewtwo was decided to be taken out...

Im also thinking that the first delay got the team working to get Roy and Mewtwo in the game, whose development was not finished in time for the JPN release. Oh I really hope they do see release, Mewtwo especially needed that second chance to shine!

Dungeon_Man

Smash Rookie
PRAISE ME! I did some poking around on the second layer of the disc, and found some of the missing tracks. So far, I've found A12, which is, in fact, the Forest Maze theme from Super Mario RPG. I've also found the Hippie Battle from Earthbound, as well as the Ballad of the Windfish.

Get all three in this .zip archive:
http://rapidfile.net/?d=C74051422
So... this is fake then? :(

DON'T GET MY HOPES UP :urg:

EDIT: Listened to it, not bad, but definitely not the files for the songs in SSBB

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
Regarding downloadable characters.. I honestly really doubt that.
There'd be too many issues with online play~

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Regarding downloadable characters.. I honestly really doubt that.
There'd be too many issues with online play~
the same issues with the Xbox 360 and PS3 right? Oh, wait......

but yeah, in case anyone was thrown off-topic by the fake music....

ChronoBound said:
What I am really waiting on is Sakurai's speech at the GDC next week. If there is going to be any DLC for Brawl, he would most likely mention it there. Also, the man behind Wii Ware is also going to make a speech at GDC next week, so I would pay attention to his speech as well.
I forgot about the GDC. It seems likely he would announce such a thing there, but the GDC is more of a thing for game developers, and not consumers, so don't be surprised if he doesn't.
But everyone should still listen to what he has to say.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Some people don't understand....you can release patches for everyone else who doesn't want to download the DLC to still be able to experience the DLC in online play.

The 360 version of Marvel: Ultimate Alliance is the perfect example of this. They had a free patch that you could download to experience the DLC in online play even if you didn't want to fork out the money to get it.

But really who wouldn't download DLC for this game? What person wouldn't want more characters to play as?

Cerulean_Charizard

Smash Cadet
I was looking forward to seeing Mewtwo, being my most used character in Melee, in Brawl and I was a little disappointed to find that he never made it in. I really hope this rumour is true because of this. It seems plausible when we already have downloadable stages and what not, and that their data was left in the game. However, I can’t trust this 100%, at the moment it’s about 60-70%.

All fingers crossed for me.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
wait are you seriuos chrono. you actually have a source that told you this. ive been hoping for a really long time they were downloadable or sometin like that. please tell me you arent lying. and just trying to get attention. and there is a speech from sakurai coming up. once it pops up can someone give me a link to where it is (pm me it). *hopes for mew2 and roy* there still might be a chance, yay (still acceptin it with a little more then a grain of salt so i wont be that disappointed if they dont show though)
I am not lying. If this information turns out to be false, it is either because my source was lying or that he was getting faulty information.

OMG Chrono, you serious? If so.... YES!!!!! :chuckle:

If you recall, your Roy thread on the Character discussion forums made me want Roy in Brawl, and I was disappointed when I found out he wasnt in... And Mewtwo? A buffed Mewtwo... I had been waiting for that since Brawl was unveiled and its probably going to happen after all... :)

If they really are doing this, then Sakurai will surely mention it at GDC Id say... and you know what? Theres a good chance some of the music tracks that didnt make the initial cut will be completed and also added to the NA/PAL version and downloadable for JPN release.
Yeah, if this information is true, I would say our only other DLC will consist of trophies, music, and maybe the other Forbidden 7.

I was looking forward to seeing Mewtwo, being my most used character in Melee, in Brawl and I was a little disappointed to find that he never made it in. I really hope this rumour is true because of this. It seems plausible when we already have downloadable stages and what not, and that their data was left in the game. However, I can’t trust this 100%, at the moment it’s about 60-70%.

All fingers crossed for me.
What I am really waiting on is Sakurai's and the Wii Ware director's speeches at the GDC this week. Does anybody know which day they are supposed to be making their speeches? If none of these two guys mention DLC for Brawl, then I am going to try and contact my source again and asky him whether or not he is pulling my leg.

Serph

Smash Journeyman
Wow, so there's hope for Mewtwo and Roy fans after all. I really hope this is true. The lack of Mewtwo is pretty-much the only problem I have with the Brawl line-up.

It'd be even better if the rest of the "Forbidden 7" were made available at a later date. Even if they're just "clones" or whatever, they're more than welcome.

The Boogerman

Smash Cadet
Well, Sakurai mentioned something about Roy returning with his fencing type skills right? It could play out after all. I mean when you think about it, after 3+ years of development, delaying it numurous times, and disappointing a few fans with the 35 character roster, DLC or something along its lines seems possible. Just slightly.

Luigi player

Smash Master
While I personally would prefer Mewtwo, I'd really be happy about every extra character they would add! So, does anybody know when they will talk at the GDC?

espio87

Smash Ace
wow CB, if this information is true I would be really happy. although I'm not a Mewtwo main, he really deserves to remain in the smash series, after all, he's the pokemon with the highest stats and most powerful attacks in the pokemon games (well, now he's second thanks to Arceus). Lets just hope they make him better in this game.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
Hey! Mushroom Forest...!

(I never really cared about Roy or Mewtwo. So yeah... Mushroom Forest <3)

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
Okay, yeah, you caught me. I was attempting some viral advertising for my Remix Topic. Hey, it was fun making 'em anyways. :D

As for the current topic, I'm surprised nobody's made a thread about the possible DLC, it seems like something that would be made right away. And I certainly hope it's true.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Okay, yeah, you caught me. I was attempting some viral advertising for my Remix Topic. Hey, it was fun making 'em anyways. :D

As for the current topic, I'm surprised nobody's made a thread about the possible DLC, it seems like something that would be made right away. And I certainly hope it's true.
I did it for you, anyway. lol. I always remember when someone does remixes, cause I'm learning to do so.

Oh yeah, there's a wind-like sound in "Beware the Forest's Mushrooms." If it was intentional, please fix it. lol. You can just make it fade in and out every once in a while, but other than that, it was pretty good.

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
I did it for you, anyway. lol. I always remember when someone does remixes, cause I'm learning to do so.
Yeah, I was hoping somebody would remember and post a link to it.

Either that, or nobody would realize and I'd be allowed to call myself a prankster, like Sakurai. Good luck on your remixing, by the way!

EDIT: Does it [the wind sound] just play throughout the entire song, or only in that beginning portion?

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
I was just thinking yesterday it was weird the Ballad of the Wind Fish wasn't in this game. Go figure.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
I forgot about the GDC. It seems likely he would announce such a thing there, but the GDC is more of a thing for game developers, and not consumers, so don't be surprised if he doesn't.
But everyone should still listen to what he has to say.
Even if GDC is primarily for developers, it would still make a good announcing platform. Because if Brawl can do it, ANYONE can! The high profile event would enable the message of downloadable patches/content for the Wii in a really remarkable manner.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
PRAISE ME! I did some poking around on the second layer of the disc, and found some of the missing tracks. So far, I've found A12, which is, in fact, the Forest Maze theme from Super Mario RPG. I've also found the Hippie Battle from Earthbound, as well as the Ballad of the Windfish.

Get all three in this .zip archive:
http://rapidfile.net/?d=C74051422
Total and utter crap. I only had to listen to A12 to realize it.

And that's total ****. Way to plagiarize MY remix of "Forest Maze" from SMRPG, only to transform it into some scratchy, bizarre minimalist orchestration.

Text Information: http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/Forest_Maze_-_SSBB_Remix.txt

Page (with link): http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/index-sz.html

MY remix--the one that you plagiarized pretty blatantly--is entitled "Forest Maze (Super Smash Bros. Brawl Remix)." Very, very low. Moreover, I wonder how much of your other work gleans so VERY heavily from the work of others.

You should be ashamed.

Here's another hint for Mewtwo being the last one cut from the game. You know the 99MB BRSAR file? I used the brsar_unpack from here http://www.hcs64.com/in_cube.html & found something interesting. You know the sound effect that plays when you select a character? Well, Mewtwo has one. "snd_vc_select_mewtwo.wav" & it's a 4 kb file. It's just a placeholder/ leftover file. I extracted the DOUBUTSUGO_JP_BOY.BRSAR file & the smashbros_sound.BRSAR file. In total, it's about 290 MB. I could try uploading it somewhere if you want. Unfortunately, the brsar_unpack extracted all audio files EXCEPT the music ones :(
Kinda cool I guess. And the file "DOUBUTSUGO_JP_BOY.BRSAR" sounds like it could be referencing the male AC villager, as the Japanese name for Animal Crossing is "Doubutsu no Mori." Interesting find.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
So it seems as though Goopygoo is LOWER than low, plagiarizing not only my work, but also the work of two other VGMusic sequencers.

"Sentou-Oniisan" could be based off of this remix: http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/Brawl-Nicked-RetroHippie.mid

(Sorry, I know VGM doesn't let you link to files, but you'll eventually get to the file if you head to the link and click the link on that "error" page.)

And it seems like that sonofa***** did it again for "Ballad of the Windfish":
http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/gameboy/WINDFISH.mid

Gosh, this guy makes my skin crawl...

Musica Amante

Smash Apprentice
So it seems as though Goopygoo is LOWER than low, plagiarizing not only my work, but also the work of two other VGMusic sequencers.

"Sentou-Oniisan" could be based off of this remix: http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/Brawl-Nicked-RetroHippie.mid

(Sorry, I know VGM doesn't let you link to files, but you'll eventually get to the file if you head to the link and click the link on that "error" page.)

Wow, that is pretty low.

As someone who really respects arrangements... this is just wrong.

Tfox

Smash Rookie
I just want to add, that they are working to have Roy ready by the release date. (As of about a week+ ago).

After the Japanese release of brawl, I take all game info with a grain of salt. However, I do trust the American team more.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Wow, that is pretty low.

As someone who really respects arrangements... this is just wrong.
No kidding. :ohwell: Glad to see someone else who is equally perturbed by this (as if your name didn't give it away, haha). I think I'll also contact the original arrangers of the other two pieces to let them know about it.

I just want to add, that they are working to have Roy ready by the release date. (As of about a week+ ago).

After the Japanese release of brawl, I take all game info with a grain of salt. However, I do trust the American team more.
No offense, but I'm still a little skeptical. After all, you were one of the posters who was adamantly trying to debunk the 35-character roster and so forth. How were you trying to debunk it then, but now you have inside information? :confused:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
No kidding. :ohwell: Glad to see someone else who is equally perturbed by this (as if your name didn't give it away, haha). I think I'll also contact the original arrangers of the other two pieces to let them know about it.

No offense, but I'm still a little skeptical. After all, you were one of the posters who was adamantly trying to debunk the 35-character roster and so forth. How were you trying to debunk it then, but now you have inside information? :confused:
I just looked at his post history, yeah he did try to disprove the 35-character roster. I just sent him a PM asking him several questions about his info.

blayde_axel

Smash Master

Whoa, what? ****, Goopy... that's f****** low...

Chepe

Smash Lord

So would that mean Mewtwo is complete? Makes sense considering he was coded into Classic Mode intros, he was definitely the more complete of the two...

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Yes, that was really low of me. I apologize to you, and to anybody else I may have offended. Those songs were not, in fact, mine, and I did plagiarize them. Go ahead and flame me, hate me, and do anything else you can think of. I have no other options to apologize and hope I'm forgiven, the chances of which are very obviously slim. Considering my only other option was to just leave the site forever, I figure I at least wanted to let you know I'm sorry, and to fess up to what I've done. Sorry, and au revoir.

Rash

Smash Ace
Seriously Goopygoo, you got me all excited. Then I saw your confession and stopped my download mid-way.

Sorry bub. I just ain't interested in listening to non-Brawl remixes right now.

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
...I'm not even going to bother bashing you. I've seen enough people like you who post things and say it's true but then say it's a joke and everyone gets pissed off but then end up laughing about it later over it as it shouldn't be taken as a serious offense to the level of Armageddon .

but I do have to say that, that was annoyingly irritating.

Top Bottom