• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Traditional V.S. New

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Mission Rant:
I'm pissed off now for the simple fact that they closed both of my "How to play with Roy" Threads off the simple assumption that I don't know what the **** I'm doing. I didn't say it was the best method for everyone, i was teaching them how to play with my style, the way I ****ing play, And because of that I get my threads closed?
Granted, people think its not the best way, but its for people who want to play my style, why the hell am I being scrutinized for the way that I play my character? "Not even remotely possible", Thats crap is BS, if I'm able to pull off the combos, I don't see why others don't. Maybe they're stuck in their ways and aren't able to pull off anything. Maybe they think I'm not tournament worthy for the simple reason I name my combos, or that what I do isn't possible. Obviously I've thought about the guide, but just because it doesn't work for you, doesn't mean it won't work. Every ****ing combo that anyoen does is situational, and no two people play the same. Like I said, fi Sethlon or Neo had written this guide, even if they couldn't pull it off, they wouldn't question the effectiveness of it.
That was for people who wanted to learn My Method (RagnaRoK's) Style of playing Roy, if they didn't like it, big deal, it could be people browing that found it and liked it that didn't have an account, or people that went and tried it and later liked it, don't close my **** thread simply because I'm getting bad reviews, I'm getting flammed and **** on my own thread and they dont' hand out warnings, but instead turning it on me.
This is why Melee isn't open to adaptations, and the people who try something new don't want to talk about it. The people who invented wave dashing, JC grabbing, I'm pretty sure they didn't play like everyone else, hell,I'm sure the top players don't play like everyone else, but those who are different are suddenly not tournament worthy? Ken came outta nowhere and was wuppin' people ***** in major tournaments, Ig urantee they more than likely talked down on him until he showed his stuff, now no one questons his method of play. I'm pretty sure they ranked on Isai for using captain falco when he was low/bottom tier, but now no one says nothing about him.
Mark my words, because of this **** I'm going to become one of, if not the best, Roy there is, for the simple reason I have to prove myself and kick some *** to show that my method isn't useless. Can't escape this BS. Even in Smash Boards.

Traditional : Traditional smash brothers was meant to be played excatly how they said in the "How to play" Video. Control stick to Jump or X or Y to jump. Running just a tap on the control stick, all of that. IN fact, a good majority of people don't even know that smash brothers advanced techniques exist at all, there are traditional players. They will question excatly what you arew talking about if you don't show them. "Thats not possible", "I don't believe you", but once you show them, they are accepting of it. So, I'm just like this.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
your goal for this guide was to teach people roy so they could learn to play like you, but who wants to play like you? I mean what have you done to show the smash community that your style stands out in a good way?

You dont like that I havent warned people when i could just easily warn you? I chose not to do it because you like most of the other people in this forum are rather new to these forums.

You think what you are bringing is a new to the smash community? This game has been out for 5 years there isnt anything new to bring out, melee has been tapped. None of your ideas are that original, so far you just act like any other new person to the samsh community, you think that since when you could beat everyone you met you were obviously one of the best there is, but once you actually get to the big leagues you get put in your place. Yes there are few expections to the rule most obvious being Ken, but then again the smash community is hunderds possibly even thousands of people, the 2 or 3 people that could handle the best of community at their 1st tourny do not prove necessarily prove that anyone can do it.

you wanna prove yourself? Fine, use me closing your topics as motivation, but realize not only will you have to deal with playing a character that no matter what you think is not the best in the game, you will have to compete against the likes of Crystal City and Fastliketree in texas which rank upon some of the best smashers in the country. this is not easy as you may think. there is a reason for why players like Ken and Azen place so well at tournies. Not only do they have the technical skills and the intelligence to perform well, they also have what i consider the biggest factor to perform well in a tourny, expereince. No matter how many times you practice the more tournies you compete the better your game becomes.

you wanna keep this conversation with me or any other person that has critqued you take it to PMs, ill be closing this topic as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom