• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Training Mode: red shell glitch

Potato Keyboard

Smash Cadet
I searched through forum search and couldn't find this glitch posted anywhere. Anyways, this glitch is pretty fun to do while in training mode.
I also looked on youtube and no one has seemed to have discovered this glitch.

Anyways you know the deal go to training mode on SB64 and then spawn 4 red shells (as close to your enemy as possible). Now do a smash move to your enemy and your opponent will get hit by the smash, bounce off the red shell, get hit by smash, bounce off red shell, and so on. Except this all happens in less than a second. Although this pretty much always works, you can have trouble hitting the enemy inside the shells just right depending on the character and the smash move's area of attack, especially if you are trying it for the first time. I find that the easiest way to do this is to use Ness's up b to charge into it(which is really awesome). If you get 400% damage from this or your enemy gets 999% damage and you get 770% damage then your accuracy is off. Most of the time it does 999% damage and doesnt hurt you (until the shell eventually reaches you that is).
This is fun to use with: Donkey Kong's Giant Punch and Luigi's Fire Uppercut.

Notice: Projectiles don't work with this and if you are using Ness's smash attack (side) his bat (with the right accuracy) can hit the enemy and the shells then double the attack of the shells endlessly while hitting the enemy with the bat over and over which gets pretty insane.

I'm still pretty new on this site. So if this glitch is already common knowledge, or has already been posted elsewhere on this website. Then I guess I'm sorry for wasting your time.

If otherwise then I hope you enjoy it. :)

R12:21

Smash Rookie
This is similiar to the glitche you can do with Mario and Samus's up B.

Potato Keyboard

Smash Cadet
Yes, except the red shell glitch works with virtually any move. Also, the green shell glitch takes much more time to resolve. I figured this glitch out myself so I decided to post it (since I wasn't sure if anyone else figured it out) and this thread is about a weak old. That probably means everyone already knows this glitch. Anyways, thanks for your reply (this is my first thread). :)

Top Bottom