• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Traps and/or jab locks?

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
title explains itself. I couldn't find any jab locks other than late nair, and I've been thinking on jigglypuff's jab and I was wondering what you do after second jab or first jab. Also, correct me if there is any more jab locks other than late nair. I couldn't get side tilt to work, but maybe there's important factors?

PandaEffect

Smash Cadet
I've been using jab a lot lately.
It's a good tool to condition the opponent, you can combo into other jabs, dash grab, nair and even dash attack at kill percent. (~140 jab1>jab2>buffered dash attack)

The thing is, after you condition your opponent that you'll go for a grab after the jab1>jab2, you can shield instead at higher percents when they pop up a bit more if you expect a combo breaking aerial, fsmash if they like air dodge after it, and a charged fsmash on faster fallers that will tend to spot dodge.

Lately I've been using it as a starter for rising dair which by itself actually combos into many things since it's hard hit with it in other ways other than at the edge or from a laggy attack (at which case you should simply rest oos)

Remember however that jab is not safe on shield, so try going for it when an opponent runs towards you for a grab at a point where you'll both most likely try to throw out a quick move, or combo into it from a late nair hit or fair at low-mid percents and over.

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
Ok! Well what do you guys do at the end of a lock? Grab? Side smash? Maybe even rest ala Melee in a jab reset? Also, if everyone knows the percentage windows post them.

any way to continue a lock would be amazing, but no worries cause I couldn't think of anything either while testing... :p

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Usually what I like to do is

jab1 -> jab2 -> jab1 -> jab2 -> pound -> SHfair -> idk

Works pretty well on the whole cast at low %s. Heavier character you can do it to up to 30% and such.

Top Bottom