• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TRC presents "YAY WON EVERYTHING!" ===RESULTS UP first page===

Status
Not open for further replies.

moTT

Smash Cadet
Well, we can just piece together who we played and make a bracket in paint.

Melee:

Played Love
Played Mott
Played TRC [winner's finals]
Played Mott [grand finals]

Brawl:

Played Thunder
Played Snap
Played Bo
Played Devin [winner's finals]
Played Devin [grand finals]
Melee, 5/16:

-Yoshido (2-1)
-Yay (forfeited, saved us both some time)
-Devin (2-0)
-Spike Spiegel (lol, that kid with the blue shirt who seriously has Spike's hair) (2-0)
-TRC (3-2)
-Yay (2-3?)

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
sorry, got to many SF4 demand to say no to, and they don't mind being around smashers... they're a nice group. not like some SF people who are like "*** smash"

if we just get more tables and setups, then we can just use more room for SF and keep the main room for the smashness.

and yes... Corkscrew Blow... as in Dudley... even though there is no 3s tourney

-and BEHR, **** IT! how do I keep picking the date of NC? I'll see if we can't find a different one, though the 6th IS looking promising at the moment. I am open to the 13th, though, unless someone has major problems with that one too.
No 3S tourney is god **** heresy. I'm never going to this.

/raaaaaage.

But I wanna play melee...

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
if people will enter 3s I'll do it, but they won't... they only play SF4... even though IMO 3 is better, if anything just by the cast. I'm one of few people who don't like the original cast...

not sure if we're going to run melee. to be honest, I don't think people are going to be able to make it. Myself, Love, and Mazen will not enter again. Yay will come and win. Mott isn't going to be around. There's not enough to make melee happen, I don't think. And even so, we might as well just give our money to Yay and gouge our eyes out cause it's about as painful as having to play that gay fox

just kidding Yay, I'm only saying this cause you never come over and practice with me

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Even if you lose you guys should still play. ):
yeah, all 4 of us...
I was all for supporting Melee up until this last weekend. I'm just tired of having nobody better than me (or even as good as) to practice with. I want to pick up Brawl+ and Guilty Gear especially and that will take a lot of time, which I can't devote to melee right now. My time in that game finally ran out...

ptown :
when we only have a handful of people, it's hard to do teams. especially when only 2 teams will enter.

Ramz

Smash Rookie
w00t on the success of the first tourney. Can't wait for the 2nd one. Hopefully we'll have more for B+ and melee.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
*Returns after not posting for like over a month lol*

Sup everybody, I've just been overwhelmed with life and hospitalizations via oyster shells to really do anything. Now that I have time to do everything I really plan on becoming more active in the smash community.

TRC I'd love to come to this, I guess I just need to get a ride as usual. I've missed you .D=
SCHA- OMG DUDE YOU'RE IN TOWN?! SDA;KFDJ;FALSDKJF;SLKFJ;LDKSJF;L please get in touch with me sometime.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
**** I was wondering where you were. done with Ronin Warriors yet? lol

Scha has already left again... he'll be back in like August or something

you better make it to this! especially if you haven't seen the incredibility of Brawl+ yet

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
TRC- Nah man I'm against Brawl + but if people want to play it w/e rofl. I'm here for brawl singles and Melee singles =P. I figure if I wanna play melee I'll play melee and not Brawl +, that's just my opinion though, no hate lol

I'm here to show people just what Brawl Peach can do. Ask John about the time I showed him brawl peach. He knows.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I was afraid you'd say something inside that line of ignorant thought. Everyone always says that... I'll just play melee or brawl...

it's not trying to make Brawl into Melee. It's trying to make Brawl better. and it succeeds IMO by making it a much more =fair= game with more options and less utter trash like Brawl's Captain Falcon and less "**** this game" such as DDD and Falco's chaingrabs being removed.

if you've never played it yet say you're against it, that is a foolish decision to make. at least try the **** thing. it's fine to prefer brawl, prefer melee, or whatever, but coming from a guy who's played each game an unbelievable amount, and knows Melee inside and out as a competitive game, I will say B+ is the second best of the games right now, and it's -not even finished yet-.

Besides, you can add Ronald McDonald textures for Captain Falcon.... why the hell wouldn't you want to do that!?

Plasma Pikmin

Smash Apprentice
Ronald McDonald Lucas too =D

There are still some things in Brawl+ that needs fixing, like Lucario and Mario both have CGs on Fox, and Fox seems worse than he is now because of that. =/

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Fox is easily one of the top in this game. I mean come on, dair into usmash as a combo? that's just stupid good. Falcon is a big victim to chaingrabs right now, but he's also absurdly good anyway. There are still things to be worked on, especially Snake, who still seems gay as christmas to me.

anyway we should probably not turn this into a B+ discussion, my bad, cause it is indeed off topic. I'm definitely open to some AIM discussion though.

but we will be doing a tourney for it, and hopefully teams if we have enough.

Ramz

Smash Rookie
Holy Marth <3! All of us talked **** about B+ at first man. I didn't wanna even give it a chance. Until one day I fired it up on my wii and fell in love when I first saw the CSS. It's so impressive that fans have been able to create such a game. I mean, you can actually COMBO in this game, no sweetspot ledges, MK is not as bad, and did I mention u can combo? There are still things that are being worked on but before u say that u are against it, you should atleast try it. B+ is what Brawl should've been...IMO... It would also be nice to see u at the tourney =D

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl.brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl.brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl.brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl.brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl.brawl. brawl.brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl.brawl. brawl.brawl. brawl.brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl.brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl. brawl.brawl. brawl.brawl. brawl.brawl. brawl.brawl. brawl.brawl. brawl.brawl. brawl.brawl. brawl.brawl. brawl.brawl. brawl.brawl. brawl.brawl. brawl.brawl. brawl.brawl. brawl.brawl. brawl.brawl. brawl.brawl. brawl.akdfhaofjwioejfwoejfwo FDASFAWETRF234R THUNDAHBUCKET.faowejf0j2qw40jtr1

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i seriously don't understand where brawl+ supporters get off calling people who don't want to play it "ignorant" and "closed-minded". we just want to play melee (or brawl), leave us alone, you elitist, controlling *******s. if brawl+ had kept wavedashing in then the argument that it was to be a more balanced brawl wouldn't stand. even if the two are "unrelated" brawl + still has to borrow mechanics from melee in order to become less of brawl and more balanced.
if we wanted those melee mechanics to begin with, we'd just play melee.
brawl + is fun and all that, but some people prefer a different game.
i could make the same argument about brawl+ players who take it seriously being brawl failures and crybabies, but i don't play brawl.

please get off your high horse.

Khaoz

Smash Journeyman
so yeah...I think there's a high chance of me making the next one. If so I'm bringing a couple of people with me too.Mainly for Brawl Singles.

I've never played Brawl +, but i'm very willing to try it.

(I hear talk about Guilty gear? I'd play that too =) )

EDIT: I could bring a TV too

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
Hmmmm I'm gonna try to come to this, and I'm also fighting the urge to respond in detail to the scrub mentality of desiring "combos in brawl" as though one couldn't do that already...

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
please don't turn this into a brawl / plus / these games suck play melee/ discussion...

Nexus, you're in... Florida? and you want to come to ... this? How could that possibly be worth like a seven hour drive? unless you'd be around already or something... even if you won all tourneys it wouldn't even get close to paying for gas. just wondering lol

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah I guess that does look a little silly. Well please let me explain myself. Well, I used to live in bishopville, SC (thank god I don't anymore), and my brother is graduating from high school so I'll be visiting to attend his graduation. I saw this thread a couple of days ago and got a little happy "Yay!, something to do in South carolina that I actually like doing! Yaaaaay!"

Smash Rookie
This is Rodney from SRK, the guy helping with your SF4 tourneys. TRC, I sent you a PM both at SRK and here. I would like to know how many setups to expect for SF4. I would like to have at least 3 setups. If necessary, I will make arrangements to have additional equipment. Please get back to me when you can.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
the sf4 guys are very nice. I don't like the game but... I like the people.

man, I'm not hyped for my own tournament at all. been having a wonderful depressing time lately. I really, really hope we can get some tables at this thing... and of course setups still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom