• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TRC presents "YAY WON EVERYTHING!" ===RESULTS UP first page===

Status
Not open for further replies.

LH621

Smash Rookie
Im just going to ignore what TRC said and chalk it up to being pissed off in general. To Austin: Your welcome for trying to clean up the mess the SF4 people did to your walls (you need to thank Pat as well. Neither of us had to go out of our way to do that 4 u, but we did to try and remedy the situation). Had i known that the floors were messed up as well, i wouldve done what i could, but i didnt know, so w/e

Moving along...i just HAVE to ask...how exactly did i obtain this DI-King status? Im flattered, but i have no idea how it all began lol.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
I heard...

That you were killed, as Snake, at 198% during a tourney match by a Falco's u-smash.

You then proceeded to jump up out of your chair, in a rage, screaming, "WTF WAS THAT?! I take my Snake to 200%, EVERY STOCK! 'CUZ I'M BYRON, THE DI-KING, BABY!"

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
lol it wasnt all that. there was no jumping. and yeah austin for your information i love chris farley and im in no place to call anyone fat. your just funny. and you remind me of him so much. haha.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
edit : yeah Snap I didn't take it too seriously, ;D

pissed in general is one thing.

pissed at someone who distinctly tried to piss me off in a video game is one thing

and it's not that I suck at the game, or that you're great
or that I won a match vs diddy
or that you won with Link in the end

it's that you don't respect me. Just like when I played John last tournament and he spammed down B with Pikachu. it's not a matter of how effective it is, just how stupid and disrespectful it is.

one time I played an extremely good melee player (won't say who) and he beat me using one move. that's the same kind of disrespect I'm talking about. and that infuriates me. but I heard you were camping in SF4 too, guess there's just two ways of playing games and ours are quite different. For a second there I thought maybe the reason we played games was to develop friendships, but I see for you it's just a business operation.

I already told people I would take care of the house, and I clearly said I didn't want anyone to do anything, least of all you.

I mean, I don't know how you could have misinterepreted me the other day when you guys were here and I said I'd quit the game if I had to play Diddy Kong often, and such things. I can't respect anyone who plays that way, especially when they can just win with the character they already use. it's just like sandbagging.

LH621

Smash Rookie
I dont respect you? ok, unless i personally said that (which i didnt), u dont need to assume that. Your just trying to make me out to be the bad guy at this point

I picked Diddy solely b/c Yay came extremely close to beating Link the first time we went against each other and i wanted a counter pick ready incase Link couldnt pull it off a 2nd time (honestly, i dont even know if Diddy is a counter pick vs Wolf, but somebody said Diddy's name + i had no 2ndary character lined up, so i went with it). IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU...in fact, the LAST thing on my mind is what/who you dont want to deal with....in a tournament setting, im not concerned about that....i shouldnt have to be, and neither should anyone else in the same situation. I was preparing myself against Yay, nothing more, nothing less......but as we both saw, it didnt make a difference because Yay ***** Diddy like he was nothing (as well as C.Falcon for that matter)....so.....rather than complain about Diddy, why not learn to deal with him like the almighty Yay did and profit from it...or....continue what you plan to do and quit all together, but dont make a mountain out of a molehill here. If u cant beat something, thats not my problem.....Also, i like how your ignoring the fact that i asked you if u wanted me to switch from Diddy after i saw how mad you were getting.....heck if i know after what matched i asked u that question, but regardless, u decided to act all cold about it and not say anything or even look in my direction so wtf am i suppose to do at that point.

As for Guilty Gear and SF4...since you want to bring both of them up....i kinda laugh at those who want to quit Guilty Gear b/c of Bridget (seriously? Bridget, of all characters in the game, makes someone want to quit.....serioiusly? Someone needs to step their game up) .........and me camping in SF4? Umm the only character i camp with is Zangief (whom i only played in 3 matches total...Pat/Dwaine (team setting), Adam, and the Gen player from GA), and thats b/c everyone tries to camp Gief first.....in fact, outside of the Gen player, everyone DID camp against Gief....did i complain? NO..in fact, i got around it , and won anyway. If someone wants to say i "camped" with C.Viper....well...i kinda laugh at that notion as well, but if people want to say that i was, let them....but do note this....that "camping" got me 4 wins when i was at 1-4% health and the opponent was well over half life.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
the smug face makes all the difference.
if Yay can see this I request he post that giant smug face in here so I can put it as my desktop BG

RESULTS ARE UP first page

So smuhg.

One I drew in paint:

Also Devin, I don't disrespect people, I just go all smug on them, there's a difference! I'd definitely not try to beat someone using one move. I'd kick their *** as hard as I could then look over at them after the match ends like...

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
never said camping was a bad strategy, just said I frown upon it.

In melee, I almost quit because John at some points would just sit there and wait and crouch cancel dsmash with Samus, instead of even trying to fight. or when a match starts, he spams the STANDING LASER and forces an approach.

Did you see that Lucas who played and just did >B over and over again? I didn't respect that either. When Adam was playing, he picked Pit once, and Falco another time, and pressed B over and over. I fail to see how that is enjoying.

Seems to me like you were using "need to counter Yay" as an excuse. seems to me you only picked Diddy to anger me. It's not like you can't win with Link or anything. And even if you were only using me for practice, is that not disrespectful in it's own? Because you weren't doing your best (Link) to win, but experimenting, IE toying with me? Hmm...

Diddy Kong is a character, who completely changes the game. He stops the flow of combat completely by introducing bananas. Other item grabbing characters (Peach Link DDD whatever) don't have the same thing, they can't just lay a trap on the ground (two, even) and force you into situations.

That gay **** can pass in Brawl, like Meta Knight seems to somehow get away without being banned, but this does not compute to me. Why allow for something that absolutely ridiculous? Once again, it's not about me losing, like I said, it's about you and bananas. Wish I had known it would be like that, then maybe I would have practiced some other gay character like Fox or something. I tried that but it didn't work either.

If it WAS about getting beaten :
I could even bring up the excuses/johnz over I lost my best controller and played with a new ****ty one, I haven't played B+ in over a week, I had a headache, been up for 40plus hours, hadn't eaten in 22 hours precisely, etc, etc. But it's not about winning or whatever, like I said. Or about me being able to beat Diddy, which in my opinion, I could do. To me, like said, it's all about being disrespectful. You know I've never once tried to spam lasers in a tourney (counting Melee, that's an impressive amount) until I played you? It made me wish Meta Knight was still broken. It made me not like Brawl+ anymore.

In fact, asking "want me to switch" is pretty disrespectful too, isn't it? "hey, want me to go easy on you now?" or something, I mean really...

god **** it, It doesn't matter, we're not going to come to any terms on this so we might as well stop arguing. whatever, you're amazing and everything, *** me sideways and call this a night, bye

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
Is he i have never played/tried B+ and everytime someone says it i have to go :(

Laijin

Smash Hero
Fox's running upsmash carries him across the stage. wtf.

and WTF at the south carolina smash community? The way RC described things, most of you guys sound like complete *******s with no respect to other people's property and stuff. No offense guys, but how is an entire state that horrible at having manners and ****.
**** you guys(most of you).

I don't understand how you guys can do something like that, while on the other hand when a house tournament is hosted in Florida(Just this past weekend Hbox hosted his 6th house tournament which had over 100 people walking around in his house) and everyone is very respectful and such. Its definantly not age thing since most of the community here are full of high schoolers as well.

I think its a direct indication that you guys have absolutely ****ty parents and you will get no where in life acting like that with other people's ****.
Good job on failing South Carolina.

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
I have no idea what this guy is talking about. did something go down with the house Rc?
someone fill me in

zCasanova

Smash Lord
I think its a direct indication that you guys have absolutely ****ty parents and you will get no where in life acting like that with other people's ****.
I don't think the regular Brawl crew was that bad. Atleast, I know the ones I roll with weren't—mine and Thunder's crew.

And, Khaoz's people didn't seem to be ****ing around either.

Must've been your Brawl+ ******s—RC, just put your foot down next time, kick some mother ****ers out, we'll step up behind you and help push if they don't want to get out the door.

CodeBlue

Smash Apprentice
I have no idea what this guy is talking about. did something go down with the house Rc?
someone fill me in
now that this tourney is over I can go ahead and say
I've had a pretty heavy dose of disrespect at this tournament. Lots of trash laying about. Burnt copy of Tatsunoko was stolen (wtf for) hopefully someone has Mazen's controller and will realize it... There are HUGE MARKS all over the wooden floors, and on the walls, so even if I was staying in Columbia, my parents would see this and never let me host anything ever. I don't even know how this happened. I can't really believe how badly the floor is scratched up. So much disrespect.

Then again, some people decided to help and clean up stuff (like random *** footprints on the wall????????????? really wtf) but by that point it was already enough to make me wish I had never hosted the **** thing.
Reading all of the posts ftw. :p

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
Oh thanks man. That ****ing suck and really who put there foot on the wall

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Fox's running upsmash carries him across the stage. wtf.

and WTF at the south carolina smash community? The way RC described things, most of you guys sound like complete *******s with no respect to other people's property and stuff. No offense guys, but how is an entire state that horrible at having manners and ****.
**** you guys(most of you).

I don't understand how you guys can do something like that, while on the other hand when a house tournament is hosted in Florida(Just this past weekend Hbox hosted his 6th house tournament which had over 100 people walking around in his house) and everyone is very respectful and such. Its definantly not age thing since most of the community here are full of high schoolers as well.

sorry to say something like this Laijin but you're pretty out of place coming in here and saying that. Especially since a lot of FL players have been ***** to me... plus, wtf Florida has Doodah LOL
but you should probably leave this one to SC in itself. I -did- go a little overboard, but then again, my life is pretty much over right now, I take everything to seriously.

what's bad is people swiping controllers. but that happens all over the place by accident or by otherwise.
SC is pretty NICE for the most part, just generally unmotivated and kinda... well lazy? I don't know the Brawl scene as well but they all seem pretty fine to me.

and I'm all down for no further arguing, as I said. besides, he's more right than I'll ever be, smarter too, but I have this really stupid "chivalry pride" kind of thing in smash and sometimes it gets rather carried away.

How can I stay mad with that smug face in my thread?

edit : oh yeah, and most people believe Fox to be (a) top tier char in Brawl+ as is

Khaoz

Smash Journeyman
man...this thread completely changed since a few hours ago when I last saw it.Glad the arguing sort of died though.

but for the record, TRC, I have no idea how any of the damages/markings happened, but I can wholeheartedly say that if I were there in the end and knew about it, I would have definitely helped clean it. (whether you said it was fine or not, I would've refused to simply let it stay that way) My crew was pretty tired and ready to leave after Brawl singles, so we left. Definitely not to avoid cleaning or anything of that nature though, because like I said, if I'd noticed, none of us would have stepped foot out of that door before it was cleaned. That's why I asked you before hand if it was cool to bring food back (even though we ate at the restaurant anyways and only brought in cups, which I apologize for if there was one left on that marble counter. I know most of us got back in the car with the same cups though however)

It's just completely disrespectful to thank your TO by destroying his/her venue.

we'll step up behind you and help push if they don't want to get out the door.
This...

@Laijin: That post was a bit much, calling out the "entire state" (though you corrected it to being most of us) as being "horrible at having manners",bringing our parents into the matter, and concluding by 'congratulating' us with "Good job failing South Carolina". I'm not at all calling you out as a person,just personally think that post was a bit much.

Also, I don't want to get too involved with the whole "play2win" vs "respectful" argument (because I get VERY touchy when it comes to the whole 'MK ban' debate and the use of the word 'cheap') but as an ICs main in melee and partly in brawl, I too am guilty of using and abusing strategies frowned upon my most. (wobbling anyone?). the same goes for me in guilty gear. I main Jam and have NO shame in stunning into instant kills. Like I said frowned upon strategies. It just gets pretty sticky when 2 players disagree about their view points about something that plays a huge role in gaming. play2win or respect?

Just keep in mind guys, they're still video games and the main reason any of us started playing is because they're fun. =)

Ramz

Smash Rookie
Ill get involved in this "You muther****ers took my muther****ing controller".....One of you muther****ers took my god**** controller. You know....they dont...THEY DONT EVEN MAKE THOSE ****ING THINGS ANYMORE!!! god****...goddammit...im glad my 1337pad wasnt taken, because if it had been stolen, someone would have gone to sleep without their insides. Just throwing that out there. FYI, next tourney, if there is any stolen merchandise and no one returns the ****, everyones tires will be slashed. Ehhh....well BESIDES that bull****, the tourney was fun...yay is good...

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
I'll go into detail on why I think banning MK is a bad idea. Okay, we ban MK in SC tournaments and we aren't exposed to the character. When any of us go out of the state to play, we will encounter A LOT of Meta Knights, and we will have no idea what to do in the matchup. We'll all lose early on because we just don't know how to counter many of the things that MK can do to our characters, while the players we play against know our matchups inside and out. It's a really bad idea in my opinion to ban him unless everyone else is banning him because we get NO exposure to the character, and as a result we are weaker in out of state tournaments.

I won't touch on any of the broken stuff or whatever, that's all opinionated, but the above statement is fact. We will not know how to play against him and will lose against out of state people who do use MK if they're even decent with him.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Sorry. I know that was pretty out of place and I apologize to you guys. I just don't like seeing stuff like that happen. :(

Yea. Florida has a A TON of smashers who are complete *****. To be honest I don't really like this community either. But there are always extremely cool people as well.

If any character should be banned it should be ice climbers.
**** that character.

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
Jman i don't know you or how good your sonic is.

The only thing i have gotten from everyone of your post is that your sonic is the best in all aspects.

Is it really this good

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Khaoz you're cool as **** dude. I didn't want anyone to stay and clean anything, believe me, I knew the risk when I hosted the last one. you guys were fine, absolutely. nice guys, all of you.

Your Sonic is great, but so is Jman's. I'd like to see you two play, would be fast at least lol.

I believe what Yay says about MK. It's a pretty valid point. Unless nobody wants to go out of state... But then again, I also kind of have this "Brawl deserves MK" opinion.

and ROFLMAO at Ramz <3 maybe we can find some "barely used" gamecube controllers somehow.

and in case everyone didn't realize, I mean, Byron isn't -wrong- at all, it's just me being a ****, which is pretty much who I really am, just hiding it all the time cause I want to host a nice happy tournament. And since I have too much on my plate in the last few weeks rather than think (wow I should probably practice) I'd rather think "holy ****, I'm about to move away from every single person care about, and I'm already a suicidal nutjob. what next." So, while on this little train of "despair" they call it, someone had to taste the end of it. And it wasn't really Byron, it was my refridgerator I beat up at like 2am that night, when not a soul was around. I've got so many problems right now, wow, and I just realized how I never tell anybody anything about this kind of thing. Big thanks to those who were all worried and **** (John as always, Pat, Keon, etc)

but the real thing about me "moving" away is, I'm not just moving, really. I don't really want to say anything else, for the love of God, I don't want the pity party make fun of me call me emo mega smash or whatever, jesus, I have real problems, they don't concern you or them or byron but I am posting this just to let people know there's a lot more going on besides "I was angry about bananas" and I suppose I owe some sort of apology to him, but for the sake of continuing on this self destruction, I will rather keep on with being an *******. Because, I always thought of myself as one. Cool?

lordy just ignore this please I don't want posts in the thread, just want people to know there's all kinds of nonsense under the surface over here, any disrespect towards me on Saturday was nothing compared to weeks prior (not by any smasher, btw)

Plasma Pikmin

Smash Apprentice
TRC, are you having any more tournies at this place?

And sorry to hear about all of that TRC, I feel for you man. =(

It's not THAT bad moving away though. Sure you move away from close people, but you get to meet other new ones in the new place you're going to, and you get to start off anew. =)

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
nah, no more tournies, that was it! but I do think I'll be dropping by yours, at least, I think. I probably won't enter anything unless Yayuhz wants to team with me in something (provided he's there of course!)

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
sorry i missed this one trc. I was bogged down with work and school. I've been doin like 33 hour weeks at little ceasars. And all those hours were at night. Then on friday i had worked from 12-10. Sorry man i would have played brawl plus. Sniff sniff thats why i wanted it on sunday sniff sniff. Lol but regardless of that we deftinely have to record our matches in brawl + and melee before you go. Im gonna miss ya man. You really helped open my eyes to how deep the smash world can get. And lol I promise to make falco respectable one day lol.

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
I'll go into detail on why I think banning MK is a bad idea. Okay, we ban MK in SC tournaments and we aren't exposed to the character. When any of us go out of the state to play, we will encounter A LOT of Meta Knights, and we will have no idea what to do in the matchup. We'll all lose early on because we just don't know how to counter many of the things that MK can do to our characters, while the players we play against know our matchups inside and out. It's a really bad idea in my opinion to ban him unless everyone else is banning him because we get NO exposure to the character, and as a result we are weaker in out of state tournaments.

I won't touch on any of the broken stuff or whatever, that's all opinionated, but the above statement is fact. We will not know how to play against him and will lose against out of state people who do use MK if they're even decent with him.
very good and truthful statement here yay. You sound like our FL "MK ban or no ban" thread before apex.

As for the broken thing. I don't really care about most of the top tier except snake. The most annoying characters in the game (Sheik, sonic, fox) should be banned cuz they run way faster than falco and make me look like this :dizzy: when i play against them, plus since they run so ****ing fast, they can punish from even longer distances than the usual character. gay, gay, gay, lol.

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
Fox my friend is by no means "annoying" Falco has the laser of doom you should try using it.

falco has a chain grab to dair that you did abuse if i remember, and you did it good so that was annoying.

If you cant laser spam a sonic with falco i mean seriously?

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
Still fox can't be annoying at all i mean he must of broke a world record the amount of chains that can be done on him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom