• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trent's Coliseum Monthlies (Date TBA)

Trent

Smash Champion
Trent's Coliseum Monthlies

Venue

Coliseum Gaming
8434 Park Drive
Omaha, NE 68127

The Venue has changed in hopes of getting more attendance.

Schedule

*This schedule may change based on attendance. Singles may start earlier, so try to be ahead of schedule.

03:30-Doors open
04:00-Sign ups
04:30-Brawl Doubles starts
06:30-Brawl Singles starts
09:30-Melee Singles starts
12:00-Bye!

Entry Fee

$3 for Venue
$10 for Brawl Singles
$10 for Brawl Doubles, $5 per person

Pay Outs

This applies to all tournaments:

16 entrants or less:
1st: 60% of pot
2nd: 30% of pot
3rd: 10% of pot

17-32 entrants:
1st: 55% of pot
4th: 5% of pot

33 entrants or more:
1st: 50% of pot
4th: 6% of pot
5th: 4% of pot

*In the case of 33+ entrants, players will play out for 5th place.

Unity Rule Set

Unity Rule Set

We will be using the Unity Rule Set. If the Unity Rule Set updates before the tournament starts, we will use the updated one instead. Also, instead of using Paper Rock Scissors to decide who strikes first, both players may Judgement. :gw:

We will also be turning off all televisions for Grand Finals, so that there may be hype.
We will try to avoid first round games against people in your state / city. Other than that, seeding will be completely random.
Why? Seeding discriminates against weaker players, while doing anything but seeding discriminates against stronger players - neither should be favored. Egalitarianism isn’t necessarily fair, but it is my belief that if a player deserves a top 3 spot, they will find a way to get there - play to win.
These rules are subject to change leading up to the event date. I reserve the right to remove you from the venue at my discretion for any reason.
Myself, and any persons helping run the event may not be held liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged goods during this event. Nor will I, Next Level Gaming, its owners, affiliates, employees, members, sponsors, or volunteers be held liable or responsible for any injury or harm that may befall a person during the course of this event. By entering the venue during the posted date you are displaying your agreement with this policy.

Hope to see you all here!

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Trent, I'm coming if and only if you rig the bracket so I can get my revenge.

inb4thereversetimeout

THuGz

Smash Lord
1) Does this replace Aura's?
2) Does this you will participate in the Lincoln scene? (ie. will you play brawl with me Trent?)

resTy

Smash Champion
Aura's place is more convenient for Omaha people since it's in Omaha. I wouldn't mind if it disappeared since I'm no longer going to attend Aura's tournaments anymore but it's ultimately up to him and the rest of the Nebraska kids.

I dunno how interested the Melee dudes would be because they could play Melee at home for free and driving to Lincoln to play against each other might not spark interest for them to come. If there's out of state people, I'm pretty sure we could rally troops though.

P.S. If we're playing Melee the whole time and don't care for Brawl, can we keep playing even during Brawl Grand Finals? If not, will Melee Grand Finals also require everyone quitting what they're doing to watch us? Random question of the day :')

MJG

Smash Hero
That's the best 4000th post ever.
Oh ****! I wasted my 4000th post D: (jk)

I got quoted in a tournament rule-set..

I'M FAMOUS!!! =D

I didn't think anyone read the rules for tournaments anymore
I guess this just applies to me

EDIT: That was a damn good quote though. So true what he said (especially the last sentence).
Yes, I actually read the rules just now.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I won't be at this most likely. I'm probably gonna be at Animazement in North Carolina playing Dr. PeePee, Stingers and Kadaj in Brawl/Melee, but hype anyway! Maybe if I am forced to cut my vacation short I'll be here.

Trent

Smash Champion
P.S. If we're playing Melee the whole time and don't care for Brawl, can we keep playing even during Brawl Grand Finals? If not, will Melee Grand Finals also require everyone quitting what they're doing to watch us? Random question of the day :')
Except for the Side Event, all televisions will be turned off for Grand Finals of Brawl Doubles, Brawl Singles, and Melee Singles. You do not have to watch Brawl Grand Finals if you choose not too, of course.

EDIT - Updated rule set to include Melee rules.

Trent

Smash Champion
Feel free to post your thoughts on what you think the Side Tournament should be, so far we have:

Mortal Kombat 9
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Tekken 6
Smash 64

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Also, there is usually more interest for Melee doubles than there is Melee singles imo. I know Tyser loves singles and all the excellent players in the state love singles, but the majority of the scene plays doubles. Even though I personally like singles better, I think more melee people would show if there was doubles too. Like Tyser said, unless OOS comes to this, most of Omaha Melee probably won't come unless you have both.

Trent

Smash Champion
We will keep it at Singles for now, but if later on down the line / at the tournament, people would prefer to do doubles, we could do that as well.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Except for the Side Event, all televisions will be turned off for Grand Finals of Brawl Doubles, Brawl Singles, and Melee Singles. You do not have to watch Brawl Grand Finals if you choose not too, of course.
So pretty much whatever the GF is there shouldn't be another set up of the same game on right o.0

Also Marvel Baby ^.^

resTy

Smash Champion
I honestly think Nebraska only does doubles more because there's usually either a perfect amount of people for it or there is only one setup and nobody wants to wait 3-4 games to play 1 match.

I know Echo really likes doubles though. JBM has expressed his hate towards teams, although, he will play it despite. I assume Devon enjoys singles more because he gets to style on people without the worry of getting hit by random; he does enjoy teams a lot though. David is too cool for singles and doubles but he puts up with them for our sake.

Then all our lower levels prob like teams more because they can actually win games...

Tesh

Smash Hero
has this guy legalized homing attak stallin yet
i hope

THuGz

Smash Lord
I really hope the turnout at this is big for the first one so NE can get some legitimate monthlies going. HYPE!

THuGz

Smash Lord
We should probably stop posting in Aura's and move NE discussion here. I'll start. For OOS smashfests and tourneys and whatnot I could probably take my parent's prius if we had 4 people and thats like 10 bucks for a trip to DSM, if people wanted to make game fests more often. I'll also gladly pool with either Trent or Bolun up to Omaha almost anytime, just let me know.

tl;dr: i want to play games

Twintail

Smash Cadet
Hopefully this has a good turnout, it's good to see that Lincoln might actually have a legitimate monthly. I might have to force myself to come back for these, if not just to heckle the NE smashers. Also word on the Amigos thing, frenchies and mexifries all the way.

Also, I'll bring my set up back home, so I'll bring it to this if you guys need it.

-Leroy Brown

Trent

Smash Champion
IMPORTANT!!

The Unity Ruleset has been updated to 1.1, and we will be using the updated ruleset. A major change is Pictochat being banned. Even though I'm sad to lose one of my favorite counter picks, we will still be using the updated rule set.

EDIT- The changes from Unity Ruleset 1.0:

The BBR-RC has updated the Unity Ruleset. As always we will continue to discuss the rules of tournaments across the country and will do our best to adapt with the constantly changing metagame. We are still discussing some aspects that were simply not ready for release at this time, like expanding the number of starters and the possible inclusion of a new stage. The new version 1.1 rules have the following modifications.

Pictochat is now banned

Conduct Rule #2 has been modified to: Pause can be requested off and that request cannot be denied. If one pauses mid-match, the person who initiated the pause loses their current stock. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their stock (Such as interfering with recovery), the person who initiated the pause loses two stocks.

For better clarity, General Gamplay rules #4 and #7 have been changed to:

#4: All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
#7: The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.

Finally, the creation of Conduct Rule #11:Disrupting your opponent physically or intending to disrupt their play (through something such as screaming in a player's ear) will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in disqualification from the tournament and possibly ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the Tournament Organiser sees fit. Disqualification is recommended if possible, and ejection from the venue is also a punishment.

And finally, two general clauses to help protect TO's:
•These rules are subject to change leading up to the event date. The Tournament Organizer reserves the right to remove you from the venue at his discretion for any reason.
•The Tournament Organizer and his assistents, and any persons helping run the event may not be held liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged goods during this event. Nor will the Tournament Organizer, the venue, its owners, affiliates, employees, members, sponsors, or volunteers be held liable or responsible for any injury or harm that may befall a person during the course of this event. By entering the venue during the posted date you are displaying your agreement with this policy.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
What are you whining about Thugz? Falco's players are the one to fear of all this cause Sonic's can use the HA stall for days on end against us and time us out more now. Also saying it right now, I may go to a friend's graduation party on this day so I may not be here.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Gamegenie, only person who goes to another party and still plans on attending something

Edit: good edit!

Top Bottom