• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tricking people into using bad DI with shoryuken

Delvro

Smash Ace
Hello Luigi mains! I'm a Link main but I play against Luigi a lot and he always does this trick to me and it gets me every time so I thought I'd share, don'cha know?

AnyWHOOS... what he does is he throws around shoryukens everywhere and I'm so scared of dying at 55% that I instinctively DI right or left.. but he'll miss on purpose and so I'll DI and then he'll fall back down (landing on his funny little head of course) and he'll look at my controller so that he can tell which way I'm DIing and then he'll Dtilted Fsmash me that way, don'cha know?... and since I'm DIing bad (because I react slow from the shoryuken) I die at like 70%!!

Truly an amazing mindgame, don'cha know?

Edit: by the way if anyone doesn't know the Link - Luigi matchup it's about 4-1

CR4SH

Smash Lord
I did it today. See what I do is I buffer the fsmash at the top of the missed shoryuken (you know when he flips over). That way I can land wherever I want and the smash will come out on the first landing frame!

Beware though, if he's holding a bomb, it kills you instead! ZOMG!

Top Bottom