• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tricks and Glitches FAQ with Pictures (47 min. video included)

Bakaneko

Smash Cadet
I've found that if you change the size of Kirby or Game and Watch before you perform one of their respective weapon glitches (The pan and the turtle), you can get a small, or giant turtle/pan stuck to them, and it won't change back to the normal size when you change back. You can get the giant pan stuck to Kirby by doing the pan glitch on Tingle's balloon, or one of the big ice blocks at the Icicle mountain, and you can get the giant turtle stuck to Game and Watch by doing the turtle glitch on the same previously mentioned ice block.

Groudon199

Smash Journeyman
JRI3102 said:
29. Double and Triple identical colors-- two or three of the same character with the same color (not team battle) fighting against each other with no distinction between each other. Tip: if you want them to act at simultaneously pause the game and hold the attack on each controller then un-pause.

(Very hard for three but same procedure) have one character select a character and color then have another character put the cursor over the character and have it on the first color under the desired character then on the first controller deselect the character (keeping the hand icon inside the character picture) and on the second controller change color up one (these need to be done at the exact same time to work) to do three get a song playing on a separate source with a good beat then try the above on the down beats so everyone is in sync. It is very hard but looks very cool
I managed to get all 4 characters the same color. It's just the same as double and triple, but requires more accurate timing.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Heya. I'm not sure if this has been discussed about before, but I was fighting a level 9 Peach with my Ganondorf on FD with 99 stock (I'm really bored!) and just out of nowhere Peach plucked a Mr. Saturn instead of a turnip out of the ground! The items are set on "none" and everything is off as well.

I have no idea if this is what ShadowSonic refers to as "Peach Saturn Return" and I have no proof that this happened, only my word. I also don't know how the glitch was initiated, since a computer did this and I wasn't paying attention. But I guess it's best to give a heads-up about this one.

Bakaneko

Smash Cadet
Peach can always pull a beam sword, bob-omb, or Mr. Saturn out of the ground, even with items off. The Saturn Return glitch has something to do with a Mr. Saturn that is pulled out of the ground.

AmishTechnology

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KIMPHIE
There's another way to make Nana do the Moon Walk.

While Dash Dancing, dashing normally at a certain point makes Nana moon walk. I don't know the exact timing, but it works.

dragonsshadows

Smash Apprentice
1) As Jigglypuff, Press over B and hold it up slightly... Jigglypuff won't fall at all and can go across hyrule.
2) Have a character grab someone... then have another character tap the grabbed character with an A move (so the character is hit but not released [excluding fox's B move])... you can hurt the grabbed character to 999%. If you have team attack off... noobs could take on the best player in smash and not loose.

DOGMA

Banned via Administration
Sickest Glitch Ever

this one isn't an in game glitch, but I'm pretty sure it could be. It involves your controller and your gamecube. First, set your controller down and walk over to your gamecube. Second, search for the button in the top left corner. If you found it then you're almost there. Next, press it.

Super17_Chaos

Smash Rookie
I'm new here also. I'm one of the members of an elite team of Smash Fighters called the Bloodlines. But, anyway...I want to know if anyone on this planet other than a mysterious man I heard of that slaughtered my friend near home, has heard this glitch called Super Fox?! It's some kind of weird transformation glitch that turns Fox into Super Saiyan Fox...er something....please answer if you are able! Thanks!

dragonsshadows

Smash Apprentice
Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough but pressing up AFTER you do a punch with jiggly does not work. You have to hold the analog stick at an upward angle.
Peach wall bombing is also a glitch that should be noted and explained how to do.
I do not believe the double/triple colors is really a glitch. I found an AR code that lets you make the characters have the same color. I think an AR was used, not the glitch that is explained.
If someone could make a video like the black hole glitch... I can be persuaded.
I tried like 2-3 hrs to do that glitch and never got it. I even rigged my wave birds to try to get it but couldn't.

Groudon199

Smash Journeyman
29. Double and Triple identical colors-- two or three of the same character with the same color (not team battle) fighting against each other with no distinction between each other. Tip: if you want them to act at simultaneously pause the game and hold the attack on each controller then un-pause.

(Very hard for three but same procedure) have one character select a character and color then have another character put the cursor over the character and have it on the first color under the desired character then on the first controller deselect the character (keeping the hand icon inside the character picture) and on the second controller change color up one (these need to be done at the exact same time to work) to do three get a song playing on a separate source with a good beat then try the above on the down beats so everyone is in sync. It is very hard but looks very cool
It is also possible to do it with all 4 characters, but it's even harder. I have done it several times before.

dragonsshadows

Smash Apprentice
SAMUS SUPER JUMP: as samus bomb slide off the edge and have mario cape her. She will fly up farther then Link or Y. Link does w/the boomerang superjump.
Alternative method: have samus grapple edge and have mario cape her as she is swinging (before she starts hanging) timeing is everything.

Ragnarok91

Smash Journeyman
dragonsshadows said:
1) As Jigglypuff, Press over B and hold it up slightly... Jigglypuff won't fall at all and can go across hyrule.
2) Have a character grab someone... then have another character tap the grabbed character with an A move (so the character is hit but not released [excluding fox's B move])... you can hurt the grabbed character to 999%. If you have team attack off... noobs could take on the best player in smash and not loose.
1) Jigglypuff is SUPPOSED to do that. It's called an upward pound or something. You can aim it downwards too.

2) That's SUPPOSED to do that. You can't escape from a grab unless there's a time where you aren't being hit, and if you're being infinitely hit while in a grab, you obviously can't escape.

Emoney 102

Smash Apprentice
Hey you guys i cant show you a picture but i can tell you about it. I was using peach in training mode, and kept pulling out turnups. Well i eventually pulled out a mister saturn. I threw him(over and over) and he kept apearing over and over in my hand. it was weird.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Good thread, but there were so many spelling/grammar/punctuation errors that I could not understand some of the instructions. You might consider cleaning that up a bit. Otherwise, I like seeing all these glitches in action!

Supa-Def

Smash Journeyman
Oh i have another glitch i discovered a while back

PIKACHU'S SUPER WAVEDASH: ok all u need is to have a Pikachu and a M2, have M2 use DownB then have Pikachu use his UpB(horizontally) toward M2's spark then Pikachu should perform a SWD! i heard this works with some other characters tho i never tried it

dragonsshadows

Smash Apprentice
Ragnarok91 said:
1) Jigglypuff is SUPPOSED to do that. It's called an upward pound or something. You can aim it downwards too.

2) That's SUPPOSED to do that. You can't escape from a grab unless there's a time where you aren't being hit, and if you're being infinitely hit while in a grab, you obviously can't escape.
BULL! Jiggly is NOT suppose to be able to fly indefinatly by using over b and a noob team should NOT be able to get an elite player to 999% dmg by just taping the character.
IF the infinite hold isn't a glitch, WHY THE HELL DOESN'T FOX'S LAZER ACT AS AN INFINITE HOLD BUT HIS TAP A DOES?
IF Jiggly's over B isn't a glitch, why do you have to press the controller at such a specific angle and she does not fall.

Please think about these things before you say a glitch isn't a glitch and it is SUPPOSE to do it. The only fake glitch is the wave dash because the programers purposly left it in. You can't say that about the infinite hold 'cuse if the programers left it in, it was a gay thing to do.

JRI3102

Smash Apprentice
dragonsshadows said:
SAMUS SUPER JUMP: as samus bomb slide off the edge and have mario cape her. She will fly up farther then Link or Y. Link does w/the boomerang superjump.
Alternative method: have samus grapple edge and have mario cape her as she is swinging (before she starts hanging) timeing is everything.

yep got it # 39 and thanks for all your imput

dragonsshadows

Smash Apprentice
not the bomb slide part of it OR the samus grounded. You can do the same thing you can do to Link or Y. Link. on fox's ship.

JRI3102

Smash Apprentice
Woah ok going to check that are you saying that you can do SAMUS grounded??? Samus can be sent through the bottom wing of Venom? using Samus Grapple on the bottom wing of Venom and have mario or Doctor mario cape her before she fully extends and she should shoot up and roll up the bottom of the wing, then she should go through the wing and not be able to jump?

does that sound right? if so thanks and i will go try that out.

ok and the other method is to do the Super Wavedash near the edge of the level and have mario cape her as she goes over the edge? this should work also? i will try and add it to my list.

thanks

kitesinflight

Smash Rookie
umm maybe i'm dumb but i seem to be having a problem with the Black Hole of Turnips glitch. when i shoot the superscope blaster into falco and it reflects off of falco then fox, falco just gets his shield broken. How do i make it so that doesn't happen?

darkshadows

Smash Journeyman
In Melee discussion, being nice and keeping topics
kitesinflight said:
umm maybe i'm dumb but i seem to be having a problem with the Black Hole of Turnips glitch. when i shoot the superscope blaster into falco and it reflects off of falco then fox, falco just gets his shield broken. How do i make it so that doesn't happen?
happy first post kitesinflight

Well, from me trying to do the black hole, i found out that you can only shield break if only one dot is bouncing left and right, which is from stopping the onslaught of bullets.
Keep firing, it'll stay. Helps if you have 4 people

JRI3102

Smash Apprentice
The bob-omb rain might be original release exclusive, sorry about that but if you go into sudden death (NOT SUDDEN DEATH MELEE) through time mode you should have a rain of bob-ombs fall on you.

make sure you it is a timed match and noone hits each other. you will be forced into a four player sudden death melee and in about one minute the bombs should rain.

darkshadows

Smash Journeyman
In Melee discussion, being nice and keeping topics
well, i do too Gamecube. Happy sixth post. (btw, no one cares how many lvl 9's you killed, we all want to know your records against humans; the AI {Actual Intelligence})

about the IC glitch...what's the probability of pulling it off? I successfully got it against Cpt Falcon and Doc Mario in Hyrule, but I've never been able to do it with Marth or Link on FD. I did the nana grab, the hammer squall, the holding back, but it hasn't worked against Marth or Link.

Oh yea and...about the super wavedash, when I do the down B, do I hit left, immeadiately right, then smash right again when I hit the ground?

JRI3102

Smash Apprentice
for the super wave dash try a quick flick of the controler slightly after the "glide" anamation.

if you press a direction or anything after the SWD then you will stop the slide. the flick sometimes works.

and as for the IC freeze glitch. it is all about timing , try the hammer squall after you see nana pull her hammer back before the hit, Nana also has to do an up throw or forward throw, a back throw will not work.

keep giving me imput and i will keep you posted

Top Bottom