• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tricks and Glitches FAQ with Pictures (47 min. video included)

Digamma

Smash Journeyman
Wow. JRI3102 Kudos man. Typing all that up must have been no easy task. I've had alot of fun trying these out and tommorrow I should get some confused faces ;)

So, THANKS!

JRI3102

Smash Apprentice
cool i just added another set of videos.

enjoy

and uber noob give me a link and they will be here also!

Dragonsshadows:
What do you think of some of the changes.

dostovei15

Smash Apprentice
is this a glitch when in adventure mode ur on battlefield with samus and ur facing the wire frame guys and it goes real slow and everythime i drop a bomb instead of going down i stay in place.

JRI3102

Smash Apprentice
no the physics of the multi man melee are different (very floaty)

also another video. check it out.

i am adding a Dumb AI video and Hammer glitches next

dragonsshadows

Smash Apprentice
You have made the first post a little better. Some things that still need improvement...

You wrote:
*Glitch- Definite flaw in the game play, graphics, or annimation sequences ultimately disrupting gameplay physics
**Trick- Error in the games processing, causing abnormal or altered gameplay, usually a combination or techniques
***Easter Egg- intentionally hidden in the game by creators to modify gameplay
****BANNED- Not allowed in most tournament gameplay, unless used for recovery purposes only

problem:
this key is not used. Use it or lose it.

You wrote:
Glitches and tricks

*note these are the glitch spoilers and HOW TO DO THEM*

problem:
mondane. suggest getting rid of it.

format problem:
You should have equal and consistant spacing in your post. Notice how in my post I have 4 spaces between glitches. Only 1 space is used to seperate the different parts of the glitch explination. No exceptions for spacing in my post. It would be nice if you did the same.

Problem:
You STILL give me credit for glitch 88 even though I have said I did not give you that glitch. You also still don't give me credit for the cape teleprotation glitch. I am pretty sure the origional glitch topic thread started because I posted a video of that glitch.

Problem:
You still haven't posted the Samus Grounded glitch.

You say:
92. Hyrule Temple Jump -- Freefall jump from the top of the temple to the bottom

Every character can jump from the top right of temple and land on the bottom platform at the right.
the eaisest characters to make the jump with are Jigglypuff, Peach, Samus, and Zelda
and the hardest are Falco, Dr. Mario, and Bowser
but every character can make the jump with perfect timing and proper use of the third jump and jump tricks.

Problem:
Bowser is incrediably easy to go from the top right to bottom platform. Most of this trick's explination is not needed.

Overall problems with first post:
You need to make these glitch explinations CONSICE. Don't use words that aren't needed.
You also need to stay away from passive voice. Passive voice is where the action comes before the verb. For example...
A passive voice (and run on) sentence from glitch # 8:
The person should be holding the hammer and crouching at the same time then you can tilt into any move as long as you hold down after it you should keep the hammer also if you pause the game switch to holding up and B then un-pause the game you can do all the up b with any character
The sentence changed to active voice:
The person will hold the hammer while crouching and you can tilt into any move. If you continue to hold down after the move has finished, you will continue to crouch with the hammer.

WHAT WOULD BE THE BIGGEST HELP TO YOUR POST IS IF YOU SEPERATE INSTRUCTIONS ON SEPERATE LINES.
In my post, every instruction is on its own line. You can't find a line in my post that has more then 1 instruction on it.

If you don't want to put the instructions on their own lines, use punctuation instead. Read the passive run-on sentence in glitch # 8 again. It is a perfect example of the problem.

JRI3102

Smash Apprentice
thanks a lot. (seriously)
i have been typing on message boards for to long. i keep posting reoccuring grammer problems
(i hate to see what some of my college english papers looked like)
ok i spent most of my time cutting the last few videos
i am going to add audio behind most of them
now i can go back and read and check all of my glitches and fix problems like what you pointed out.

thanks again.

ipreferpi

Smash Apprentice
I found I very useless glitch, where you have to pick up a super scope with IC, press Z in midair to pass it to Nana, and start charging it, make Popo walk in the opposite Nana is charging, and when Nana fires due to too much charging, she'll turn around.

Also, there's the flat Kirby glitch, where you suck in Jiggly's power, and then use rollout in the air (with kirby), at the same time charge up Jiggly's rollout and let go of both before kirby touches the ground, you should hit eachother, and Kirby should be.... flatter (increase in width but decreased in height).

The end.

Bye bye.

EDIT: Hmm, found new one, if you're IC, if Popo is Metal and Bunny Hooded, Nana will short hop.

dragonsshadows

Smash Apprentice
JRI, Can you put the tricks at the bottom of the list? Change the # and order of the glitches so banned glitches are at the top, glitches are in the middle and tricks are at the bottom?
Also, you are adding a lot of lines to your post by saying "glitch" or "trick" before you state what the glitch is. I suggest writing what it is classified as next to the actual # of the glitch. Later tonight I'll probably change my post to show you what I mean.

JRI3102

Smash Apprentice
i plan on leaving the numbers the way they are because i also did video by number.

i will add the trick glitch or ban before the number so it doesn't take up so much space i might just add them to the margin of the contents list.

i am in college now so i cant spend as much time here i have a few other videos to cut.

Video link

does the link work now?

uber_n00b

Smash Journeyman
JRI, a couple questions

How the heck do you do those darn barrel glitches (15 and 16), also the Frozen turnip one (14) I have tried to get these for hours, but I cannot do the turnip, and I don't think I'm doing the barrel right either

JRI3102

Smash Apprentice
uber n00b:
frozen turnip ...... don't even worry about it. it has not proven to be reoccuring by any sort of the imagination,

the barrel glitches just take timing mostly hitting the person with the cape not the barrel. hit them as they shoot out and a few things should happen, either (most likely) mario will be in the barrel, and the other person will shoot out like normal, one person will fly out and change direction, or bout will fire out at the same time.

DRAGONSSHADOWS:
still working haven't had much chance to edit anything, the cape teleportation was discovered by myself, on accident. even the variations were discovered way before this FAQ was in progress.

i am going to look at the post later and figure out how to mark each glitch.

uber_n00b

Smash Journeyman
Oh cool, so I did do the barrel glitches right...I think I deleted the files though :(

It's ok though, I've got the timing down pat now

Can someone with an AR work on the timings for the radish thing for me? I'd really like to get it in the vid

Also, does the mario / zelda one where zelda's reflector breaks and does 30% exist, also the one where a perfect missle cancel causes an invisible missle?

JRI3102

Smash Apprentice
those exist it just takes a while. (the missle cancel actually goes under the stage i am pretty sure)

the Zelda one is best to do on fourside between the right most buildings

I also just added a Key to the contents to make surching for glitches, and tricks eaiser i.e. *,&,@,#

dragonsshadows

Smash Apprentice
Thank you for taking my advise JRI. The T, G, E, B works a lot better.
Here is what I had in mind though...

G___ 1. Links and young Links Grounded
G___ 2. Sheik super Sex kick recovery/ also known as Cape teleportation
G___ 3. One Pixel Characters
G___ 4. IC freeze glitch
G___ 5. Link/Y. Link Super Jump
G___ 6. Nana flamethrower
G___ 7. Infinite Superscope
G___ 8. Hammer taunts
G___ 9. Real radish Glitch/ Black Hole Glitch
TE__ 10. Extended Grapple beam

T___ 11. Jiggs self-destruct
T___ 12. GW super bucket of doom
G___ 13. Soul Breaker
G___ 14. Peach Frozen turnip
T___ 15. Double Barrel cannon Fire
T___ 16. Barrel cannon Dyslexia
G___ 17. Link Death throw
GT__ 18. No Reflector
GT__ 19. Mario infinite third jump wall bounce
G___ 20. Kirby super jump

G___ 21. Young link Double edge guard
G___ 22. GW Turtle summon
G___ 23. GW Great fox
G___ 24. Fox’s seal/Snorlax fall
T___ 25. Mario super fireball
G___ 26. Super Wavedash
T___ 27. Wavedash
G___ 28. Game freeze
GT__ 29. Double and Triple identical colors
G___ 30. Broken Hookshot

T___ 31. Mountain Climber
G___ 32. Mountain Mover
G___ 33. Kirby super Suck
G___ 34. Invincible egg (w/fire optional)
T___ 35. Moon walking Nana
TB__ 36. Luigi’s Ladder
TB__ 37. Peach Bomber
G___ 38. Sheik’s Needle Claws
GT__ 39. Samus super-jump/grapple on nothing
G___ 40. Yo-yo glitch

G___ 41. The End of Home Run Contest
G___ 42. Maximum Points
G___ 43. Frying Pan Kirby
G___ 44. Mewtwo Disable
GT__ 45. Grapple/Hookshot nothing
GT__ 46. Announcers Mistake
G___ 47. Free Ganon
GT__ 48. Invisible Proximity Mines
T___ 49. Mewtwo Confusion
T___ 50. Mario's Hyper Fireball

GT__ 51. Electric Ness
T___ 52. Bowser’s failed down throw
GT__ 53. Samus invisible missiles
GT__ 54. Link bomb rolling
G___ 55. Peach Saturn Return
GT__ 56. Blinking Game and Watch
G___ 57. Soul Stunner
G___ 58. Going through the floor
GT__ 59. Ness going through stage
T___ 60. Negative Gravity

T___ 61. Negative Gravity Arrow
T___ 62. Fox trot
T___ 63. Item Bouncing
G___ 64. Frozen Bowser
G___ 65. Random Faces
T___ 66. Kirby KO
G___ 67. No Hit Percent
GT__ 68. Taunt cancels
T___ 69. Infinite Reflector
T___ 70. Dumb characters

G___ 71. Daisy’s third eye
E___ 72. Yoshi's Island in Metal Mario
E___ 73. Barrel cannon message
E___ 74. Dolphin references
T___ 75. Venom Lava
GT__ 76. Kill opponent
T___ 77. Pichu Bob-omb glitch
G___ 78. Freeze Charizard
T___ 79. FireFox cancel
GT__ 80. No Halo Link

G___ 81. Jump through Level
T___ 82. Infinite Holds
GB__ 83. Jiggs rising and falling pound
T___ 84. Bob-omb Rain
GT__ 85. Star Characters
G___ 86. Ness Teleport
G___ 87. Permanent Illusion
GT__ 88. Pikachus Super Wavedash
E___ 89. Fox and Falco's Secret Taunt
TE__ 90. Trophy Presentation

T___ 91. Victory Poses
T___ 92. Hyrule Temple Jump
G___ 93. Samus Grounded
G___ 94. Peach through Big Blue
E___ 95. Smash two Signs

JRI3102

Smash Apprentice
ok cool didn't want to change it again that makes it eaiser. but i am going to add commas between G's and T's and such. thanks.

ok i changed a little more.... but i am not to sure how i like the words in front of the number
i think the number is more improtant then the type of trick.

dragonsshadows

Smash Apprentice
I like it, the numbers are still lined up. You could put the numbers before the classifyer... but I think this looks better.

Can you standardize the spacing? Have 4 spaces between all the glitches and have 1 space between explination/notes. That would help your post look a lot better.

Andrew Ott

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this is old or not, but two glitches I didn't see are:

1. Stand on the edge of FD facing death, but not so close that you do the balance animation, and jump + bair while falling. You should fall through.

2. Have Kirby copy Jigglypuff's power. Jump as much as possible with Kirby and start charging B. Simultaneously have Jiggly charge the same move on the ground. Try to releas both moves so that the 2 puffballs collide just as Kirby touches the ground. Kirby should be flattened. Repeat to make more flattened.

Anyone heard of these?

JRI3102

Smash Apprentice
Wow it works thanks for the kirby glitch will add and have a video on the way. the other one is an animation change. once you start the move you can not grab the edge.

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think me and my brother found a glitch and i didnt see it on the contents
If this has already been posted, sorry, but i havent looked through all the pages
Select Dr Mario and Mario or two of one of them, and have one do dr/mario tornado and rise into the air without jumping
When they are doing the dr/mario tornado, use a fireball/pill and they will instantly teleport back to the stage
this also works with luigi but it is much harder to do as he does not move as high with luigi tornado.
I will see if i can borrow my bro's camera and try and get a video, but i dont think its likely
I also play on Pal version, so it might not work on NTSC

Edit: New information, with help from Doraki, Gamingfreak and treeko, we have found out that it works on NTSC and not just Pal. Also, if the mario or doc using the tornado gets hit while moving away from the platform or stage, there is no glitch.
If the mario or Doc gets hit while moving through a platform, they appear on that platform, and it also works with falco's laser. more to come soon, hopefully.
Also, if Mario or Doc gets hit after rising from the cloud on yoshi's story, he will teleport there.

Andrew Ott

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I'm so stupid.

The bair one only works with Pikachu and Pichu, and I think that if doing the bair just disallows you to edge grab, then you're too close to the edge. Sorry for the confusion.

Edit: Forgot one:

For the G&W 300% damage one it also works if he unloads it on a shielded opponent.

dragonsshadows

Smash Apprentice
The nice thing about this thread is you only have to read the first post to see if a glitch has been submitted. You don't even have to read the whole first post, just the table of contents for the most part.
The G&W 300% has been posted but that kirby one hasn't. I think it is amazing we are still discovering glitches. Not only that, but Smash is a very complicated game and there are only about 100 glitches. I know from being a computer science major that only having ~100 glitchs is impressive.

JRI3102

Smash Apprentice
thanks all... i have heard of the tornado one before but never added it. (so i will now. but i am not sure where i heard it from first, i will give you credit until someone tells me who submitted it first )

ummmm....... Lots and lots of videos are being downloaded i hope you like them. we are cutting a hammer glitch video and others. thanks for your imput. and i hope you enjoy my lists.

dragonsshadows

Smash Apprentice
How many reputation points have you got because of this thread JRI?
Click on your balance icon to find out.
I gave you some.

JRI3102

Smash Apprentice
13 i think i got 11 from a moderator when this just started...

added about 3 glitches and cut a team glitch and a hammer sample video.

also added the Kirby Pancake pictures, can anyone explain if you can get any shorter and wider, (WITHOUT USING THE AR) we tried it a bunch of times and could only get as short as the pictures.

ShadowSonic

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, long time no see. I forgot about this place until I saw a link on the GameFAQs SSBM topic. Anyway I logged in and saw 2 messages from JRI3102. Sorry I didn't your messages before. But anyway I was wondering if anyone would like seperate videos of the glitches being performed. I have v1.2 so I will be limited but I wouldn't mind making videos for anyone :p . I also have this video I made of me KO'ing a Level 9 Bowser by making him taunt and using Fox to throw him down the stage in 38 seconds if anyone would be interested in that.

JRI3102

Smash Apprentice
sure post a link anywhere here and i will copy and paste it to the first post then give you credit. thanks everyone for making this an ever expanding project.

ShadowSonic

Smash Rookie
Alright, cool. All start uploading my videos later. BTW, these videos were recorded on a camcorder so the quality isn't that good but it's nice enough to know what's happening.

Boinciel

Smash Rookie
Trick 100: The Sword through the platform

Works with Marth on the down tilt A attack. If your opponent is on the other side of the stone platform in Hyrule, you can hit them. Perfect for getting n00bs to say, 'WTF HOW U HIT ME?!?!?' Works with Roy's B Explosion.

JRI3102

Smash Apprentice
WE DID IT 100 I CANT BELIEVE IT

thanks that is so common i cant beilieve it went this far before anyone brought it up.
it also works on a lot of other stages (I posted them a second ago but it never went on the boards, so i just added it to the first post.)

shogun

Smash Journeyman
I did the mewtwo glitch with fox instead of bowser today, and I (well me and my friends) found a nice addition to the mewtwo+bowser glitch, I'll post video when it's up.

dragonsshadows

Smash Apprentice
I was reading most of the boards yesterday and found an alternate way to do the Link Grounded glitch.
Instead of throwing the boomerang, have one link get a super mushroom and hang from the edge. Have another link hang in about the same place. When the super mushroom wears off, the second link will do the link grounded glitch.
Note: I have not verified this, I only read it on a previous thread on page 200 something.

Top Bottom