• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Triforce Ganondorf Mod

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Animations look really smooth.

I'd suggest working on the Aerial Down Special animation as it transitions to the wait animation.
I'd also suggest looking at the Up Smash animation, something looks off but I can't exactly tell what.
I'm not a fan of the up-tilt animation, just looks odd to me.
Up B release animation is 2spiny4me. I'd have the number of spins at maybe 1 and focus more on it. The animation itself doesn't seem to fit the rest of the animations.
I'd need a closer look on Forward Smash to tell you if it needs improvement.

Nice job on the animations.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Oh, well now I can see why you'd only need a sheathed version. Looks really nice by the way. Good work. If ever you need some help on this stuff... animation or PSA, I can help out, just let me know.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Smooth as **** is all that can be said about these animations. I love it

Only things I would improve are the Up-B, so if you grab somebody when you exit, it uses the original Up-B hug. The other, while not as necessary, would be to change the F-Smash so that Ganon creates the ball of energy over his head, like in his Ocarina of Time boss fight.

Also, what's the range for the grounded Down-B lunge?

MasterZaden

Smash Cadet
Hello! Just made an account. I wanted to say I'm very excited for this mod and I'd like to offer feedback and ideas, although I'm not great at modding. Keep up the great work!

I like the animation of his Up-air and I think that's a good addition.

It seemed like when using his Forward-Tilt kick, I couldn't angle it up or down while in Triforce mode like he is able to do in his Project M mode.

As a request, I would much appreciate a version of Triforce Ganondorf that is compatible with this: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207339 (Ganon Alt Melee SFX)

Also, you requested ideas for throws, so I had an idea for his back throw. It would begin the animation with Marth's B-throw, who has this animation where he's pretty offhandedly tossing them down on the ground behind him. So for example, Ganondorf is turning to his right (from his perspective) and tossing them down with his right hand. He would then quickly turn the opposite direction, spinning to his left and performing his familiar Elbow Forward Smash animation, jamming his elbow into the opponent tumbling behind him. So it sort of has two parts to it, but would flow together well and would be a logical follow-up to elbow an enemy that is behind you. He twists in one direction to toss the enemy behind him and then twists the other way to elbow them. A great idea for those who are a fan of the elbow smash animation Ganon/Falcon already have so you can have another animation for his F-Smash. I plan to get a video camera soon (well, some time at least), so at some point I could even upload myself doing ideas for these animations. If you have any questions about this animation, please ask.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Hey fellas, been a bit busy with schooling at the moment.

@ G gmac2184 You know if you want you can increase the float time yourself. Two ways to go about it, 1st is to increase the animation length using brawlbox and 2nd is to do a Frame Speed change to lesser than 1.0 of value. If you ever do get a working projectile Ganon please let me know!

@ CBO0tz CBO0tz The grab animation wasn't fitting well after the Up-B so I had to keep him invisible. As for F-Smash I actually have an animation like you mentioned, made it for BronzeGreekGod a while back. I can definitely see if it'll look better but it's going to take a whole PSA slot lol. The Down-B thrust range is just as you see it, it's roughly about 60% of the wiz kick I'd say

@ MasterZaden MasterZaden Hey welcome to the forum :D, I'll dig into the Alt Melee SFX it's really cool. Also if you can show or provide an animation I'd definitely like to see if it'll work out. I've gotten a bit better with animations lately so if it fits the theme well I could fix it up and use it.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
@ CBO0tz CBO0tz The grab animation wasn't fitting well after the Up-B so I had to keep him invisible. As for F-Smash I actually have an animation like you mentioned, made it for BronzeGreekGod a while back. I can definitely see if it'll look better but it's going to take a whole PSA slot lol. The Down-B thrust range is just as you see it, it's roughly about 60% of the wiz kick I'd say.
I think I helped with that thing too. The orb charge animation right? That one took a while to get down well enough.

gmac2184

Smash Rookie
Hey fellas, been a bit busy with schooling at the moment.

@ G gmac2184 You know if you want you can increase the float time yourself. Two ways to go about it, 1st is to increase the animation length using brawlbox and 2nd is to do a Frame Speed change to lesser than 1.0 of value. If you ever do get a working projectile Ganon please let me know!

@ CBO0tz CBO0tz The grab animation wasn't fitting well after the Up-B so I had to keep him invisible. As for F-Smash I actually have an animation like you mentioned, made it for BronzeGreekGod a while back. I can definitely see if it'll look better but it's going to take a whole PSA slot lol. The Down-B thrust range is just as you see it, it's roughly about 60% of the wiz kick I'd say

@ MasterZaden MasterZaden Hey welcome to the forum :D, I'll dig into the Alt Melee SFX it's really cool. Also if you can show or provide an animation I'd definitely like to see if it'll work out. I've gotten a bit better with animations lately so if it fits the theme well I could fix it up and use it.
My last question on this float, Can you tell me what the float would be under, i dont dont see a special air/neutralB

gmac2184

Smash Rookie
And im testing two projectiles now, it just freezes on the last frame. Gotta get the bugs out

seanbb

Smash Cadet
How I can get ganon with the sword scabbard?

edit:
I've dowloaded the version in the first post...
why isn't the latest version?

Last edited:

seanbb

Smash Cadet
Thank u very much
I love this moveset and the cape move with the :GCA: button is PERFECT
And The new Smash attack are better but for 2 reasons I prefer the down special :GCB::GCD: of the 4.1 version (ground punch).
- The new special down move has too range and has an incredible power
-The old move was less OP and more specific

In current version it's possible change the moveset with the taunt
Please consider to make two version of this moveset
1 with the taunt moves shift
2 without

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Update: v5.3
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rxa3qtl23dl3qlo/TriforceGanondorf v5.3.zip

Changes:
U-Tilt: Animation changes into a quick upward sword slash.
Neutral-B (ground): Animation changes, less start up time but longer run before striking.

This currently works in 3.5 beta.

@ seanbb seanbb
I do agree this sword Down-B is more OP, but it's not that much different from the wiz kick and there is an ending lag when he put away the sword.

You can still do the old Down-B, just do a short hop first.

Switch to PM mode by using the side-taunts. Switch to Triforce mode by using up-taunt.

Last edited:

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
hey ash! glad to see youre still hard at work
couple of things regarding newest version of 5

after live-firing it in multiple scenarios, ive got to say there is room of a LOT of potential with what youve got going on. i'll do some more testing but ill get back to you on that

Shin_pan

Smash Rookie
Hey Ashingda. I have a question, will there ever be a tri-moveset again? And can you add the Oot sword texture for the Oot Ganon skins like pm?

Wngd

Smash Rookie
so how exactly do i install this on pm? just replace the ganon file as a whole?
nvm i got it, and well now that ive played it, uptilt has too much lag for it to be useful at all, neutral b is too powerful 18-20 percent on that is cool, if we could control whether he does the second hit of his downsmash would be great and it seems to combo a little "too well"( i guess i mean to make it so the second hit is not so gauranteed), neutral air would be allot more effective as combo a tool if you could maintain the float status during it and also make it so its more of a multihit move (like mewtwos neutral air), and if down b would thrust him forward a little, do less knockback, send at a different angle, and have less lag it, it would probably be more useful as a tool in general, up air could be a little quicker and have different hit boxes for different angles would be cool so we could use the front end to knock people off stage and the top middle to knock people up.

overall awesome stuff though , i know i might have sounded demanding or whatever but i know what a good chracter should feel like and you should consider what i said please

Pizza_Prez

Smash Rookie
Edit: figured it out! I just needed to get a Ganon with smaller textures, so now I just have to go shrink some! Excellent mod!

Last edited:

Jthekiller

Smash Rookie
Just to make sure this page has the latest version of this mod? Also, so I don't mess it up instructions on which files to mess with?

Jthekiller

Smash Rookie
Update: v5.3
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rxa3qtl23dl3qlo/TriforceGanondorf v5.3.zip

Changes:
U-Tilt: Animation changes into a quick upward sword slash.
Neutral-B (ground): Animation changes, less start up time but longer run before striking.

This currently works in 3.5 beta.

@ seanbb seanbb
I do agree this sword Down-B is more OP, but it's not that much different from the wiz kick and there is an ending lag when he put away the sword.

You can still do the old Down-B, just do a short hop first.

Switch to PM mode by using the side-taunts. Switch to Triforce mode by using up-taunt.
This is what I was referring to when I said "latest version"
Edit: This model: http://www.mediafire.com/download/w9mgb3xj2gy14b6/FitGanon00.pcs works too correct?

Last edited:

MasterZaden

Smash Cadet
The recovery frames when he's putting his sword away after Up-Tilt are pretty awful. You made pretty animations, but being frozen for that long after that move isn't worth the payout, unless you want that move to hit like a fully-charged smash attack.

I should be getting a video camera soon, so I can show you some suggested animations.

Also I would still love a Ganon with his Melee voice. <3

Last edited:

devnew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevNew
The recovery frames when he's putting his sword away after Up-Tilt are pretty awful. You made pretty animations, but being frozen for that long after that move isn't worth the payout, unless you want that move to hit like a fully-charged smash attack.

I should be getting a video camera soon, so I can show you some suggested animations.

Also I would still love a Ganon with his Melee voice. <3
http://smashboards.com/threads/melee-sfx-update-03-17-15-that-mario-thing-finally.335236/

Dusknoir64

Smash Rookie
Is there any sort of installation guide? I've never installed a project m mod, so I'm sorry if this is actually very simple and easy, but I'm not quite sure what to do, and I really want to play with this.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Just replace the given files in the download in the Ganon folder under the directory path pojectm/pf/fighter/ganon.

Dusknoir64

Smash Rookie
Just replace the given files in the download in the Ganon folder under the directory path pojectm/pf/fighter/ganon.
Thanks, worked like a charm, but when I tried the melee ganon skin, it crashed, so that's something that probably needs to be fixed.

Top Bottom