• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Triforce Ganondorf Mod

TheKk-47

Smash Apprentice
The up-B on normal (fist) mode is really sped up on mine. Is this on purpose? I thought the normal stance was supposed to be vanilla PM.

Edit: wait is it really that fast on vPM?? I'm not 100% about the files on my SD card but I just removed this mod (I had some freezing :( ) and a grounded Ganon up-B is crazy fast..! I don't play Ganon that much so I don't know. Requires further testing.
Yeah I had freezing too idk why because v0.1 and v0.2 worked just fine, plus magic and regular work. Does sword mode freeze for you too?

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah I had freezing too idk why because v0.1 and v0.2 worked just fine, plus magic and regular work. Does sword mode freeze for you too?
When I first turned it on the Sword mode worked. Then I switched to Magic and back to Fist. When I tried to go back to Sword it froze with the high-pitched beep.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
The freezing is because it probably hit the memory limit. The file sizes are too large, I'm trying to reduce the side down a few kb to prevent this right now.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
When I first turned it on the Sword mode worked. Then I switched to Magic and back to Fist. When I tried to go back to Sword it froze with the high-pitched beep.
Are you also using regular Ganondorf skin or is that skin you are using bigger than the regular?

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Updates:
File http://www.mediafire.com/download/yrr65gg8b59uxo1/TriforceGanondorf+v0.3b.zip

- Fist Power -
Wait1 - Right hand doesn't shake as much.

EscapeB - Right arm movement smoothed

(AttackS4Hi, AttackS4Lw, AttackS4S, AttackS4Hold, AttackS4Start)
F-Smash - Right hand doesn't clip through his head with sword anymore

- Sword Courage -

Movement: (Ground) Runs with sword

AA: (Kick,Slash) FrameSpeed-

F-Tilt: (Thrust)
U-Tilt: (Slash) Removed Gfx Effect on foot
D-Tilt: (Kick)

F-Smash: (Elbow,Slash) FrameSpeed-, Damage-
U-Smash: (Slash)
D-Smash: (Slash,Slash) KnockBack+

Dash-A: (Slash) Animation Adjusted

N-Air: (Slash)
F-Air: (Slash)
B-Air: (Slash)
U-Air: (Slash)
D-Air: (Kick)

Special-N: (Wait,Slash) Hitbox fixed, Add Light Armor at start
Special-F: (Grab)
Special-U: (Teleport)
Special-D: (Run,Slash) Add Light Armor at startup of Slash

Special-D Air: (Fall,Slash) Fixed the Freezing in air

- Magic Wisdom -

Movement: (Float)

AA: (Magic,Magic)

F-Tilt: (Magic)
U-Tilt: (Magic)
D-Tilt: (Kick)

F-Smash: (Elbow)
U-Smash: (Uppercut)
D-Smash: (GroundPound) Damage-, Knockback+

Dash-A: (Magic) Trajectory Changed

N-Air: (Magic) FrameSpeed+

F-Air: (Magic)
B-Air: (Magic)
U-Air: (Uppercut)
D-Air: (Kick)

Special-N: (Magic)
Special-F: (Grab)
Special-U: (Magic)
Special-D: (Jump)

Special-D Air: (Fall,Fist)

Guel

Smash Journeyman
Just played with this and I have to say what an improvement for his Wisdom Mode. In its previous build I felt like nothing chained together and his spacing wasnt too good. This time around he feels so much better. Enjoying his new N-air/U-Tilt aswell as his new Up-B. They look pretty badass and are also very effective.He has a much better flow to him. These new attacks combined with his new dash gives him that much needed "magic feel" . Love it!

My only concerns:
1.His Neutral B when used in the air he falls incredibly slow and it can be reused over and over. I can see certain scenarios where this would be a problem.

2.His Up-B cannot be B-reversed.

Overall amazing job! Thank you for creating this mod!

Last edited:

Hyperion965

Smash Cadet
After playing around with the modes,
Here is my feedback. It's very well made but the movement in the sword mode feels extremely sluggish and makes ganondorf more like his brawl style of playing. Increasing the speed of his sword attacks would be better. Also his up b recovery distance is small. Increasing that would be beneficial for recoveries. Freezing does occur every now and then when doing down b in sword mode. Other than that the mod is a lot of fun.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
I too noticed that Wisdom Up-B cannot be reversed. To make matters worse, on one occasion when I used it out of hitstun, I got no upwards momentum and just sort of hovered in place till I went into special fall and died lol.

Up-B could use some tweaking, although I love it's current animation.

EDIT: Also, reverse sweetspotting doesn't seem to work with his new recoveries. If I recall it's a board wide change in P:M that every character can do this, so incorporating it would be nice.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Since Fist Down-B air is reverseable, there would be a code for it that can be implemented in Magic Up-B.

@ Ashingda Ashingda Is it ok for you that a few of his last frames can be removed from his Magic Up-B and be adjusted into Special Fall?
(or Fall, still making him able to attack but unable to use his Up-B again like the way Mewtwo does.)

Last edited:

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
I think I understand what you mean, it feels like he lingers at the end of his Up-B for a little too long. Although I don't see why it's necessary for him to act out of it, I'd prefer if he just went into special fall.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
I think I understand what you mean, it feels like he lingers at the end of his Up-B for a little too long. Although I don't see why it's necessary for him to act out of it, I'd prefer if he just went into special fall.
Well his speciality in Wisdom is his aerial play, but i guess it would be too powerful. It was more for his side-b when acting out from his Up-B.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Well his speciality in Wisdom is his aerial play, but i guess it would be too powerful. It was more for his side-b when acting out from his Up-B.
I just don't see Flame Choke connecting after his Up-B anyways. It knocks them too far away and doesn't have enough hitstun to follow up with anything. You'd have to jump afterwards to get close and you'd probably only manage a Fair. If you could cancel mid attack I could see it happening but that could indeed be "broken". I just think it'd be cutting in on grounded Down-B's purpose.

rpotts

Smash Lord
I'm running into issues getting this to run on my fairly-basic custom build. Is there something I'm supposed to do other than simply replace the two files included in the download over the default ones in projectm->pf->fighter->ganon? Adding it causes freezing and the loud beep sound upon loading any game mode. After I removed the mod and replaced it with the defaults I'm still getting the freezing. Formatted my SD card and am trying out replacing it with my pre-triforce backup.

Any ideas?

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Sounds like it's not the Triforce Mod, considering that it works fine on its own and it with skins. When you added it, did you go over the 2GB data limit?

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
I just don't see Flame Choke connecting after his Up-B anyways. It knocks them too far away and doesn't have enough hitstun to follow up with anything. You'd have to jump afterwards to get close and you'd probably only manage a Fair. If you could cancel mid attack I could see it happening but that could indeed be "broken". I just think it'd be cutting in on grounded Down-B's purpose.
Was thinking about the recovery would be broken (First Up-B then Side-B)

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Here is my feedback. It's very well made but the movement in the sword mode feels extremely sluggish and makes ganondorf more like his brawl style of playing. Increasing the speed of his sword attacks would be better. Also his up b recovery distance is small. Increasing that would be beneficial for recoveries. Freezing does occur every now and then when doing down b in sword mode. Other than that the mod is a lot of fun.
Keeping sword mode a bit more sluggish is a balance choice because he's got that extra reach which can make the difference between a hit and a miss.

I too noticed that Wisdom Up-B cannot be reversed. To make matters worse, on one occasion when I used it out of hitstun, I got no upwards momentum and just sort of hovered in place till I went into special fall and died lol.

Up-B could use some tweaking, although I love it's current animation.

EDIT: Also, reverse sweetspotting doesn't seem to work with his new recoveries. If I recall it's a board wide change in P:M that every character can do this, so incorporating it would be nice.
Right I've noticed that as well. Having no upwards momentum might have something to do with a flag I'm not resetting and reversable might be fixed by changing the code orders.

He does linger a bit, will adjust the frame rates.

@ Ashingda Ashingda Is it ok for you that a few of his last frames can be removed from his Magic Up-B and be adjusted into Special Fall?
(or Fall, still making him able to attack but unable to use his Up-B again like the way Mewtwo does.)
Magic Up-B deals a good amount of damage for a recovery, acting out of it would be pushing the OP button. Most other fighter's Up-B aren't very good and leaves them wide open. I'm trying to stay consistent with that.

Attention:
Freezing and crashing with a solid beep sound are all memory related. If the character freezes but the game is still running then it's a PSA coding issue.

Last edited:

rpotts

Smash Lord
Sounds like it's not the Triforce Mod, considering that it works fine on its own and it with skins. When you added it, did you go over the 2GB data limit?
I was nowhere near 2gb and I still haven't gotten it to work with either vPM or my build. I formatted my sd card, put on vPM, tested that, then after it worked tried adding Triforce but I get the beep/freeze after only a few seconds into taunting.

If it's worth mentioning this did work when it came with PMPEv7 about a month ago, though it was a previous version of Triforce.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Found a silly bug on his Sword Neutral-B air. He halts his fall when he jumpstrikes.

McMarth

Smash Cadet
Firstly, I'm loving everything about this. Keep up the great work! My friends and I have been using your ganon mod since ganonsword, and every new update blows our minds. :)

Second, everything feels really balanced in this latest update, but is there anyway sword mode's Up-B could cover even just a tad more vertical? I know you wanted him to be not so great in the air; it just seems like he can never get back to the stage.

Again, thank you for putting so much into this. It's a dream come true to Ganon fans like meh. :D

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
I've finally tried this mod out thanks to Patt, it makes Ganondorf playable especially with the Johnny Bravo skin

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Hey Ashingda, loving the mod and no freezing issues on my end.

But few small issues I noticed,
Sword side smash attacks link better but still not good enough; lets say I play a Mario and he is at 150% he just flys too far from the elbow hit for the sword to hit. Prehaps it should not send oppenent away at all and just stun them? So they are inline for the second hit. Also doing the tilt forward smash with the elbow (up or down) doesn't let the second sword strike come out at all.

Magic mode down smash work fine but when he raises his arm before he punches the ground I think should be a hit box as well and drag an oppenent from the top into the attack.
Like the old down tilt for the old Sword Ganon mod.

As some mentioned after down B you can just spam the neutral B and stall while pretty much levatating. I suggest a faster fall while executing the B.

Everything else feels so nice and fluid. I'm still wishing on a different grab animation (and perhaps extra range) but I don't except anything :)

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I absolutely love this mod, it is truly top-notch work. Why the PMBR hasnt done something like this yet is a complete mystery.
I have discovered 2 significant bugs:
If you perform sword modes aerial down b a very short distance above a platform and land shortly after the attack begins you freeze until attacked.
Occasionally magic mode's grounded down b simply won't perform. Ganondorf does a short animation and nothing happens.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
A few more observations;

With Wizard Ganon's running attack and up air it is waaaaaay to easy to combo and chain the moves. I suggest more knockback growth on both those moves so they aren't too OP. Also grounded down B shouldn't go up as high. I suggest a tiny decrease in the height. Nothing major, like the height of his mid-air jump. As it stand right now I'm KOing good players by: running A > up air x2> grounded down B > up air (> and maybe Up B to finish)
It's sounds like a lot to do but it's pretty easy. So the knock back growth + the tiny decrease in range on grounded down B would balance it out a bit more. It's a great combo but it's a little too good.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
For some reason, fist ganon's up-b gets sped up animation wise and forces ganon into fast fall immediately afterwards. This occurs before and after switching modes.

Idk about you guys, but I feel like both sword and wizard ganon are weaker than fist ganon.
For how slow ganon's air down-b is, it has no power and tons of lag and can't even be ledge cancelled and freezes him if he doesn't fall a sufficient distance.
Sword ganon's air neutral-b makes him land in the air when used off stage. It looks really weird. That being said, does every ganon mode need to have a variant of fist ganon's neutral-b when their down-b's and up-b's received significant changes? If you choose to keep this move as it is, allow us to choose the direction of the jump slash after the initial charge, instead of just the jump length.

Sword ganon's uair is extremely good. To the point where this is the only move worth trying to land. His current dtilt is his only reliable ground move that sets this up. For that reason, it's kinda sad that he has to use a fist ganon move to let him do his thing. Even a simple animation change could help make sword ganon feel more like his own character. Perhaps just turning the kick into a sweep would be nice.

Sword ganon's up-b also suits wizard ganon a lot more. It would definitely not be broken in terms of recovery since he can't restore his double jump like fist ganon can.
I really like the fake projectiles on magic dorf's fair and bair but it's really under utilized.
You know your old sword ganon's usmash where lightning comes down? Put that on magic dorf's fist when he usmashes.
Just so that his dair isn't the same as all the other ganon's a fake projectile here couldn't hurt either. Maybe a little hover here too. Borrow the animation from Wolf's dair but fire a short lived fake projectile.

Magic dorf's nair has 1.0 lucas problems. The hitboxes do nothing to protect him. This move is also in desperate need of a landing hitbox if you choose to keep it like this.
Blah blah up-b complaints. If I were to fix this, I would allow Ganon to grab the ledge before the final hitbox of his up-b. So before he releases those lightning sparks. Picture Sheik and how she can grab the ledge before she poofs.

Part of the reason why wizard ganon's uair is so great is because of the short animation. I feel like this is an unintended side effect of uair not having a fake projectile attached to it. This lets me do stuff like dair > grounded down-b > uair > double jump uair. For a KO. It's a shame that wizard ganon has to use fist ganon strats to get things done.
Even with down-b allowing Ganon to jump and fall at will, he still doesn't really feel like an aerial character unless you change his physics. I personally wouldn't change his physics. Though giving him sword ganon's up-b will help with that theme, if you choose to do so.
Wizard dorf's dash attack is SO SO good! Like windmill of fury good!
I really like how wizard ganon can extend his dash jump by waiting until he begins running (flying).
----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----
These upcoming suggestions may change where your design direction is headed, but lets see if you like them.

Rather than fake projectiles, how about fake traps? Well it sort of is and sort of isn't.

Potential ftilt early animation (example taken from current ftilt) - Ganon punches
...O
..//"""
//\\
Potential ftilt late animation - An explosion occurs a little farther in front of his fist.
...O
..//..............*bang*
//\\
This is intended so that at early percents, the ftilt will combo into itself. While at later percents just the explosion can be used to edge guard. Of course, it should be angle-able for mix-ups and such.

You could use this for just ftilt (since the current ftilt is just his jab2) or for other attacks. Or keep the current ftilt as it is and use this as the new jab1 and jab2.

Edit: now that I think about it, this is extremely similar to neutral b.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
You think wizzy Ganon is bad? I think he's one of the best. His bair and fair have enourrrrrmous hitboxes, and he can go soooo far out with them to edgeguard because of their momentum cancelling properties. Dash attack is great, but dashing toward the enemy and short hop double fairing off the edge is better. His uair kills crazy early, and his utilt stays out forever for juggling. Dropping from a platform and immediately using aerial down b raises you enough to hit the platform again, and you can trap enemies with this.

I'd say what wizzdorf needs is his nair to come out sooner, his dsmash to have a bigger aoe, as it's usually better to just sh aerial down b, and a quicker neutral b. I think it would be better if dorf's neutral b could be exploded at any point in the entire move, and for it to gain strength but lose hitbox size the further away it is, to promote it's use in mid range. It's currently too risky for anything but edgeguarding, and wizzdorf already has better options for that in his aerials.

ETA: @ young grasshopper young grasshopper I am aware of how neutral b works. I still think it's too slow.

Last edited:

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Large hitboxes are nice and all, but sword dorf has that going on too. I like how these ganons are offensively. Believe me. However, none of them have fast aerials to help them escape from combos. Wizard ganon for example lacks a move that covers above and in front of him, like fist ganon's uair. This leaves him open to almost every shffl approach. From sheild, again, no fast aerials to punish characters that land outside of your grab range. Wizard ganon also can't recover at all and is pretty much dead the moment he is forced to up-b.

I can't say I've ever used air down-b so much due to how punishable it is, how it can't even edge cancel or ledge grab cancel. It can't KO or start a combo. It's yet another high risk low reward attack. I don't understand at all what you mean by 'trapping' an enemy with it.

The float on fair and bair is a double edged sword. You can poke someone at max range and waveland back to safety if it gets shielded. However, a lot of the faster characters, like Fox, MK, Diddy, Marth, and... actually a lot of chars in PM are fast... can just wd out of shield or even short hop out of shield and hit you with a fair before you can even attempt to waveland. Then you get hit at a bad angle cause you were going to waveland with a diagonal down+baand now you're offstage and going to die.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I mean that, once landed successfully, you can probably get a couple aerial down b's in through the method I mentioned because the move has an AoE and you're doing it on platforms, so they can't DI or tech away very easily, and when they do manage to DI away, you can just tech chase by dropping down and using an aerial or side b or something.

Yeah, he does lack the ability to directly hand SHFFLd approaches. But so does Puff, and I think the answer's the same. You're better off jumping up to meet them with your better aerials.

I'm not sure what your complaint about the float on fair and bair is. Are you saying that the range and power they have shouldn't come with some risk? Or are you saying they're currently not worth it.

I also forgot to agree that Wizzy lacks in the recovery department, which hurts the fact that he's the aerial mode.

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
You think wizzy Ganon is bad? I think he's one of the best. His bair and fair have enourrrrrmous hitboxes, and he can go soooo far out with them to edgeguard because of their momentum cancelling properties. Dash attack is great, but dashing toward the enemy and short hop double fairing off the edge is better. His uair kills crazy early, and his utilt stays out forever for juggling. Dropping from a platform and immediately using aerial down b raises you enough to hit the platform again, and you can trap enemies with this.

I'd say what wizzdorf needs is his nair to come out sooner, his dsmash to have a bigger aoe, as it's usually better to just sh aerial down b, and a quicker neutral b. I think it would be better if dorf's neutral b could be exploded at any point in the entire move, and for it to gain strength but lose hitbox size the further away it is, to promote it's use in mid range. It's currently too risky for anything but edgeguarding, and wizzdorf already has better options for that in his aerials.
you can detonate wizard ganon's neutral B by pressing A.
I mean that, once landed successfully, you can probably get a couple aerial down b's in through the method I mentioned because the move has an AoE and you're doing it on platforms, so they can't DI or tech away very easily, and when they do manage to DI away, you can just tech chase by dropping down and using an aerial or side b or something.

Yeah, he does lack the ability to directly hand SHFFLd approaches. But so does Puff, and I think the answer's the same. You're better off jumping up to meet them with your better aerials.

I'm not sure what your complaint about the float on fair and bair is. Are you saying that the range and power they have shouldn't come with some risk? Or are you saying they're currently not worth it.

I also forgot to agree that Wizzy lacks in the recovery department, which hurts the fact that he's the aerial mode.
for recovery, might I suggest a new side B where he turns into phantom ganon and dashes horizontally, about as far as fist mode's down B.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
As Wizard Ganon; once you get off the map spam F-air (or B-air) it gives you a little hover and helps me recover sometimes without using Up-B at all

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
It's a bit silly right?

for recovery, might I suggest a new side B where he turns into phantom ganon and dashes horizontally, about as far as fist mode's down B.
Interesting idea, I'll play around with it!

Thanks for the feedback 0RLy and it was also a great push on the idea of moving teleport to magic mode so for all those who had suggested this same idea, it just now happened! I played around with Magic mode teleport and it was as fun as it was OP, will have to balance it later.

Changed a bit of minor details such as damage, knockbacks, etc. This project has really reached it's limit in memory size and move slots, there isn't much more that can be added even if I wanted to. The new Up-B is just the normal Up-B without the grab and hits with the sword, working similar to the old sword Up-B.

-Update-
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6v8ymde9vpx0bg3/TriforceGanondorf+v0.4b.zip

Fist Power:
Up-Air (Ground & Air) uses the same animation to save memory

Sword Courage:
F-Tilt: (Thrust) Knockback+
U-Air: (Slash) Damage-, Knockback-
Special-N: (Wait,Slash) Startup Momentum Changed
Special-U: (Slash) Animation Changed!
Special-D Air: (Fall,Slash) Knockback+, Ledge Grab Add

Magic Wisdom:
U-Smash: (Uppercut) FrameSpeed+
N-Air: (Magic) FrameSpeed+
F-Air: (Magic) Knockback-, Trajectory Lowered
Special-U: (Teleport, Magic) Added Teleport as 1st
Special-D Air: (Fall,Fist) Ledge Grab Add

Last edited:

Stoney65

Smash Cadet
Changed a bit of minor details such as damage, knockbacks, etc. This project has really reached it's limit in memory size and move slots, there isn't much more that can be added even if I wanted to. The new Up-B is just the normal Up-B without the grab and hits with the sword, working similar to the old sword Up-B.
What do you think the immediate future holds for this moveset, then? Are you feeling satisfied with where it is at?

Will you be uploading a video?

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
I'm almost done working on this moveset just need to tweak a few moves and as always suggestions really helps.

It has been a fun and a great learning experience and I'm quite satisfied with the results. There wasn't much expectations when I first started eight months ago. I believe it was when I read a ProjectM recruit post that got my attention. The post listed what was be required to join as an animator so I googled Brawlbox and PSA and that started everything.

Will you be uploading a video?
Ofcourse, but not until there are more significant changes.

Last edited:

TheLastOneAlive

Smash Cadet
I really liked the teleport Up-B on sword Ganon. :/

It was was so much fun to do grounded Down-B>Teleport mix-ups. It made me feel like I was playing beast mode Ganon from TP.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
I really liked the teleport Up-B on sword Ganon. :/

It was was so much fun to do grounded Down-B>Teleport mix-ups. It made me feel like I was playing beast mode Ganon from TP.
Yeah I'm a bit disappointed I loved the teleport on Sword Ganon felt like I was playing TP Ganon...

I'll test out the mod a bit later.

@ Ashingda Ashingda - If you think the teleport doesn't work for sword mode i trust your vision. But perhaps both Sword and magic Ganon can implement teleports?

Edit: maybe Sword Ganon can have a teleport as 1st than the slash as 2nd, while magic has teleoprt 1st than the magic spin? That way both can have the teleport and both would have a better recovery. Cause imo Sword Ganon needed a better recovery more actually...

Last edited:
Top Bottom