• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Triforce Ganondorf Mod

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Okay, now that I can get behind.

So, using down-B more... It is REALLY Shoryuken-y, in practice if not design. Especially when grounded, it is easily whiffed and punished... yet given how this game works, it actually is a powerful tactic on a good read because of the three steps that hitting will entail: You back up a bit or be spaced right to land it. Then you go in an arc that is surprisingly good against quite a few power moves, which then suddenly jerks down. In effect, it is an effective punish tool that actually seems to genuinely help thwart unchecked aggression, and demands safe play and making Ganon respect the opponent. In other words, a Shoryuken.

Seriously though, the number of moves I have seen whiff and be punished by it is legit surprising me. Like, I am beginning to feel, as designed, it could change Dorf as much as the Port. I am loving the feeling of making that read. It also is, of course, an awesome aerial. In fact, this set? Its nickname is Warpdorf, because he now has a multitude of ways to warp his trajectory in the air. He seems to seriously discourage over-reaching attempts to juggle and GtA control. He is tricky, constantly makes the opponent have to guess, and this confusion creates more holes that he can punish. It "plays" Ganondorf, but now actually lets Dorf have some pace control... which admittedly is a dangerous concept for being the game's hardest hitter and a punisher extraordinare as is.

As far as uSmash... the biggest thing is, his ability to confirm into it seems far more reliable than his previous uSmash. You are correct, the previous was "ok", but it kind of seemed appropriate considering he can easily launch a foe, and surprisingly at an adequate trajectory for uSmash. Actually it gets better when you look at his new uAir, which I am quickly finding to juggle extraordinarily well. In general, really, Dorf's air control took a few steps up with this.

I also WILL COMPLETELY disagree with the "barely covers space above him" claim. Just... I cannot agree with this. It goes pretty damn high, compared to MANY uSmashes, and it actually has quite a bit of horizontal space in that region as well. It DOES have terrible coverage around him, however, and seems to have an even tighter hitbox on himself than old uSmash. But barely covers space "above" him? It probably covers about as much space above him as one of the melee FEs, and across that region to boot.

That said, I will say the current uTilt feels... meh. Just meh. It doesn't cover above, yet it doesn't have much horizontal, is kinda slow, and doesn't really seem to be effective at diagonal trajectories. It kinda is just there, with a somewhat serviceable use for specific pokes.
About up smash coverage; you are taking about PM/Melee up smash? Or the Triforce v4.0 Upsmash?

I was taking about PM/Melee Up smash. And it is pretty limited in its coverage above Ganon. The only reason it seems high is because Ganon is tall and can poke with it though platforms but a bunch of characters can do that plus have more coverage above and all around. I'm no a fan of PM up smash since the player has to be "exact" with it and usually it's easier said than done. Even with a good DACUS it's easy to whiff it. This Upsmash (or even the past version with the Magic uppercut) are both superior to the PM one and fit Ganon's punish game a lot more since if you make the read it rewards you more, while with PM Upsmash even if your read is on point sometimes the "lack" hitbox and/or coverage fails the player.

Same with the PM grab range. Why should I be punished for whiffing a grab cause it's too short and/or doesn't grab low? I can make the best read and and with any other character I would be able to grab the opponent for the same mistake but not with Ganon?

The same with PM Upsmash. I make the read and the only reason the foe isn't hit is because I was off with the move by an "inch". With this mod's Upsmash my reads connects a lot more since I have the proper "coverage".

Sorry for the "ranty" post just my 2 cents :)

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad to hear your opinions guys. Some more sword moves will be added soon, it will be triggered similar as the current one.

Some extra info.

F-Smash: This hitbox does not clank. This fake projectile should go right through the opponent's hitbox. Also you will not be able to clank your enemy's projectile, it should go through and hit you. The first time I ran the 3.5 and charging up I was like Hadouken! But then he just does a punch... disappointed. Then I remember @BronzeGreekGod had a ranged F-Smash on one of his mods and that was what inspired this move.

U-Smash: I have been thinking of doing this for a while and just finally came around to getting it done. The animation was simple so it was easy. The hitbox is also like F-Smash it will not protect you from projectiles or enemy hitbox, but it should go through thier's also.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
I'm glad to hear your opinions guys. Some more sword moves will be added soon, it will be triggered similar as the current one.

Some extra info.

F-Smash: This hitbox does not clank. This fake projectile should go right through the opponent's hitbox. Also you will not be able to clank your enemy's projectile, it should go through and hit you. The first time I ran the 3.5 and charging up I was like Hadouken! But then he just does a punch... disappointed. Then I remember @BronzeGreekGod had a ranged F-Smash on one of his mods and that was what inspired this move.

U-Smash: I have been thinking of doing this for a while and just finally came around to getting it done. The animation was simple so it was easy. The hitbox is also like F-Smash it will not protect you from projectiles or enemy hitbox, but it should go through thier's also.
"Triggered similar to the current one"... What do you mean by that?

Like, if we press down taunt + forward A in the air it would activate a sword Fair? If so that sound pretty cool, but also sounds hard to implement/use.
In that scenario I would map my down taunt button to my Y button (I use X to jump).

I'm keen on just having the sword down taunt just change the stance and change key moves that would use his sword arm.
Like - Fsmash, Upsmash, fair, up air, Nair and possibly having Jab only be the PM one alone.

Have the stance have key advantage in range but lack in speed but have both "stances" the same KO power (roughly, maybe with the exception on Fair being a bit weaker etc.)

This would give a +/- to each stance and would have a balance to it without going overboard.

When he does Neutral B in the air he could put his sword in it's sheath until another sword attack is used.

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Okay so I had some time to do this, so here, have a new animation for Ganon. I made a new EscapeAir... or air dodge animation for him to go along with the ones made for his ground versions.

Anonistry

Smash Journeyman
About up smash coverage; you are taking about PM/Melee up smash? Or the Triforce v4.0 Upsmash?

I was taking about PM/Melee Up smash. And it is pretty limited in its coverage above Ganon. The only reason it seems high is because Ganon is tall and can poke with it though platforms but a bunch of characters can do that plus have more coverage above and all around. I'm no a fan of PM up smash since the player has to be "exact" with it and usually it's easier said than done. Even with a good DACUS it's easy to whiff it. This Upsmash (or even the past version with the Magic uppercut) are both superior to the PM one and fit Ganon's punish game a lot more since if you make the read it rewards you more, while with PM Upsmash even if your read is on point sometimes the "lack" hitbox and/or coverage fails the player.

Same with the PM grab range. Why should I be punished for whiffing a grab cause it's too short and/or doesn't grab low? I can make the best read and and with any other character I would be able to grab the opponent for the same mistake but not with Ganon?

The same with PM Upsmash. I make the read and the only reason the foe isn't hit is because I was off with the move by an "inch". With this mod's Upsmash my reads connects a lot more since I have the proper "coverage".

Sorry for the "ranty" post just my 2 cents :)
Oh... you meant the vanilla uSmash. Welp. I R st00pid. Carry on.

@ Ashingda Ashingda fSmash is pretty awesome. Does ALOT of things better where it needs to be done. I'll miss backhand, though... maybe make it his first jab? :p

uSmash is good work too. It certainly is a more fitting use of his powers than a double kick, I can tell you that much.

If sword is activated on stance, then that'll be cool. Really all I want, at this point, is a more interesting dash attack.

On the whole, though, awesome work!

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Oh my... Well I'll send it over to ya soon Ashingda. I updated it a bit from that gif. So it looks a bit better now.

EDIT: Alright Ashingda, I updated the last link I gave you in our conversation. Just go back and look in that to get it.

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
After further play testing. I change my opinion in down B grounded. I think it is a wonderful tool with many viable uses like egdeguarding, gimping, avoid projectile spam its great don't change it at all!

Also another thing I noticed but always forgot to mention is that I really like that you almost always use the vBrawl animation for Dair. I do like the PM one but the Brawl one looks a lot more powerful and intimidating imo.

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Excuse me but hi i'm wolley but you call me handsome guy. :awesome:

No but really i'm a fan of this mod has it shows off the true terror of the king of darkness, but I was wondering how to you get this to work because I just when to the ganon file deleted the files inside it and replaced then with the files I got from this mod and now sometimes his sword will be missing or one of then when using duo bladed.

Can you please tell me how to fix this?

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Excuse me but hi i'm wolley but you call me handsome guy. :awesome:

No but really i'm a fan of this mod has it shows off the true terror of the king of darkness, but I was wondering how to you get this to work because I just when to the ganon file deleted the files inside it and replaced then with the files I got from this mod and now sometimes his sword will be missing or one of then when using duo bladed.

Can you please tell me how to fix this?
Are you using v3.1 mixed mod with PM v3.5? If so I don't think it's compatible 100% so you mightget glitches like that. For PM 3.5 the current version is v4.0 which is more magic based with only one sword move. And a new one is in the works.

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Are you using v3.1 mixed mod with PM v3.5? If so I don't think it's compatible 100% so you mightget glitches like that. For PM 3.5 the current version is v4.0 which is more magic based with only one sword move. And a new one is in the works.
Ok I see thank you. :)

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
i am eager with anticipation to see the newest ganon mixer :D

also just a quick shout out, if anyone capable of yoshi retexturing can help me out, i just made a thread on my current 3.5 woes. feel free to lend a poor plumber a hand! <3

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice
WOW. I was unaware of v4.0 being released until just now. I'll try and get a video up tomorrow.

EDIT: Aaaand it's up! I apologize for the quality not being up there with the previous video, but I lost my regular laptop and I'm using an old spare that works just fine...90 percent of the time.

Last edited:

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice
Aaaand now that laptop is a dud... It just shut off on me while rendering a video and it won't work anymore. There won't be any more videos for a WHILE.

Not gonna lie, that's depressing.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Aaaand now that laptop is a dud... It just shut off on me while rendering a video and it won't work anymore. There won't be any more videos for a WHILE.

Not gonna lie, that's depressing.

Sad to hear that :(

First thing I do on YouTube is go check your channel for any smash/PM goodies... Hope you find a good/not expensive solution soon.

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice
Sad to hear that :(

First thing I do on YouTube is go check your channel for any smash/PM goodies... Hope you find a good/not expensive solution soon.
Thanks. My mother in Pittsburgh says that she has one she doesn't use, but after what she told me about it, I'm not so sure about how well that one will do for recording.

If it does what I need it to do just fine (recording with Elgato and editing/rendering are the most taxing things I do), then the biggest worry is getting all of the mods and tools again, which won't be too bad unless I forget some.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Quick question: Does this moveset work for vBrawl or was it solely made for P:M (considering the changes in gravity and speed from vBrawl to P:M)? I ask because I would like to add this to my own BrawlEx and naturally I would want the gravity and speed to be more on par with that of the other Brawl characters, for uniformity's sake.

El Fonz0

Smash Apprentice
I've been using this hack for awhile now, and it is fantastic. However, if there's anything I don't like about the latest version, it's that the sword attack and grounded wiz kick are gone. The sword attack was hilarious to use in stamina mode, and the ground wiz kick was useful for closing the gap.

If in the next version you can restore the sword taunt attack and the functionality of grounded wiz kick, that would make this perfect in my eyes.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
@ HypnotizeOverdrive HypnotizeOverdrive
This was made on top of the P:M build so it may not be very compatible with what you are going for.
Hey Ashingda! How's the new version coming? It's been awhile since we got an update on the progress :)

Oh an like I said before I love the new down B it's absolutely fantastic! Great design on the that one.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Hey Ashingda! How's the new version coming? It's been awhile since we got an update on the progress :)

Oh an like I said before I love the new down B it's absolutely fantastic! Great design on the that one.
Hey @ Ashingda Ashingda any news? Sorry if I'm being annoying, I'm just missing "The Sword" lol.

Seriously your Triforce mod (along with PM of course) is my favorite thing about Smash. You make the best playable Ganon bar none!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Tested version 4.0 and overall i like changes except for Down B Wizard's Foot getting replaced by something less usefull IMO.

Since someone found a way to rip Hyrule Warriors model and properly decrease their file size, will this mod get a Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf alt if it will be released? Its now possible, so...

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Tested version 4.0 and overall i like changes except for Down B Wizard's Foot getting replaced by something less usefull IMO.

Since someone found a way to rip Hyrule Warriors model and properly decrease their file size, will this mod get a Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf alt if it will be released? Its now possible, so...
I find the new down B much better. It's a good mix up like wiz kick.

But it improves the recovery slightly by having the move bring Ganon up a tad and not go as low as aerial wiz kick.
And edge guarding recovering oppenents is awesome! If an oppenent is recovering low just time the down B next to the ledge and you hit them trying to come back/catch the ledge. Very satisfying!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Actually, I prefer the meteor fist. But I do miss the Wizard's Foot. Maybe bringing it as a dash attack would've eased the pain, but it had to go. (Seriously, I think seeing it as a dash attack would be EPIC.)
I third this, and my mind would blow if we see color variations of it.

Last edited:

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice
I've been waiting for the HW Ganon skin by KingSkull95 for what feels like 2-3 months ever since someone showed me the WIP image. I'm not sure how long it takes to make a character skin mod, so I'm not gonna get angry over it.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I've been waiting for the HW Ganon skin by KingSkull95 for what feels like 2-3 months ever since someone showed me the WIP image. I'm not sure how long it takes to make a character skin mod, so I'm not gonna get angry over it.
What we may get (most likely we will because...its Hairdorf, remember?) will be better than what he could do.

Model is already ripped and nearly...forgot that word...so, it now needs to be rigged and thats it.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Well, yes, its a major pain in the...fabulous hair,
Who are you, Pewdiepie?! :p
but guy who ripped this model already made progress on another HW model (Ruto) in 2-3 days, so, it shouldn't take 5 weeks or somethin'.
Well, to be fair, Ruto isn't nearly as detailed as Ganon (and his basically an HD verison of her OoT appearence, unlike Ganon).

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Who are you, Pewdiepie?! :p

Well, to be fair, Ruto isn't nearly as detailed as Ganon (and his basically an HD verison of her OoT appearence, unlike Ganon).
Who?

Ganondorf will be made to be a lot less detailed to make sure he will not crash or freeze the game. Not to trash levels of course. I don't think it would take more than month for him.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Hmm I might really have to try and use a different moveset as per costume.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Hmm I might really have to try and use a different moveset as per costume.
That would be AMAZING!!!

OoT -fist + magic? (Like v4.0?)
TP -Sword + magic? (Updated v3.1?)
HW -duel wield? (Updated v3.1?)

I'm gonna explode from excitement if this is even remotely possible lol.

But seems like A LOT of work...

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
A good idea would be for people to just use the different versions of the character with whatever models they want, it's not hard to find these PSAs or separate models for them.

Top Bottom