• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Triforce Ganondorf Mod

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Hello guys. I've been inactive for a while taking care of other things. I have been making updates when ever I can spare time. Most of the changes are just tweaks and nothing too major. Although some of these small changes might just be too much. Let me know what you think is too OP or needs a buff. I'm still planing to get this tested with live people maybe in the coming weekend.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/n229w223zz52gf7/TriforceGanondorf v4.1.zip

4.1 Changes:
- Moves not listed are unchanged PM3.5
- Still doesn't require a custom skin. File consist of just PSA and MotionEtc.

Jab: Cape Attack (Ground). Moved from Neutral-B. Increased damage and speed.
U-Tilt: Uppercut. Updated animation.

S-Smash: Magic Attack Side. Charge for increased range. NEW: Angle Upward. Damage split into multi-hits.
U-Smash: Magic Attack Upward. Slight range increase.
D-Smash: Stomp Attack

N-Air: Cape Attack (Air). Moved from Neutral-B. Increased damage and speed.
U-Air: Uppercut

B(Ground): Sword. Animation updates. Reversible. Damage increased. Shield damage. Speed reduced.
B(Air): Float. Interruptible by all special moves. Pressing B again does nothing.
Up-B: Teleport. No longer deals damage. Both portals are now grabs! Fixed bug while going downward. AI Unfriendly.
Down-B: Meteor fist. Slight vertical increase. Free fall strike is now forever. Cancel falling with jump.

Grab: Increased range. Up-Throw is changed to old U-Tilt (Magic).

Taunt-Low: Just a taunt for now.

Walk: Animation adjusted.

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Hello guys. I've been inactive for a while taking care of other things. I have been making updates when ever I can spare time. Most of the changes are just tweaks and nothing too major. Although some of these small changes might just be too much. Let me know what you think is too OP or needs a buff. I'm still planing to get this tested with live people maybe in the coming weekend.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/n229w223zz52gf7/TriforceGanondorf v4.1.zip

4.1 Changes:

S-Smash: Magic Attack Side. Charge for increased range. NEW: Angle Upward. Damage split into multi-hits.

B(Ground): Sword. Animation updates. Reversible. Damage increased. Shield damage. Speed reduced.
B(Air): Float. Interruptible by all special moves. Pressing B again does nothing.
Up-B: Teleport. No longer deals damage. Both portals are now grabs! Fixed bug while going downward. AI Unfriendly.
Down-B: Meteor fist. Slight vertical increase. Free fall strike is now forever. Cancel falling with jump.

Hey! Glad to see your back.

Gonna test this as soon as I possibly can.
Changes sound pretty awesome. Cape stuff sounds really cool.
(As usual) I am also to test this against people. I'll let you know what is too OP or needs a buff.

Angled side smash 'sounds' like it might be OP... You know cause it's like Ganon's version of Kamehameha now ;)

Selpar

Smash Cadet

4.1 Changes:

I tried out version 3.1 mixed and version 4.1 today. I like version 3.1 more because warping doesn't waste your double jump and because the taunting to change modes thing is awesome. Version 4.1 plays kinda like how I wish the no sword mode on 3.1 played using more magic, but without the ability to use swords for your smash attacks by changing modes it isn't quite as cool as version 3.1 mixed.

I think Ideally I'd like versions 3.1 mixed and 4.1 to be merged in to one awesome version behaving like 4.1 when your sword is put away, but behaving like 3.1 when you are using one or more sword.

Granfalloon

Smash Cadet
Hey Ashingda, your last Triforce Ganon had it so he could use different swords per costume right?
Is there any chance you could whip up a version of that for vanilla 3.5 Ganon? Sword of Sages for TP Ganon and Ganon's Melee Sword for OoT Ganon Alt?

From what I read there are others attempting to tackle this but if I recall right you already had it figured out?

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

4.1 Changes:

Does the cape still reflects, like it does in PM 3.5?

I'm probably gonna download it anyway, but I really need to know beforehand.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
@ _Ganondorf_ _Ganondorf_ Yeah the s-smash might be a bit much, I have trouble landing it even with the upward angle. Having to charge it is the drawback and sometimes cant even perform the smash. But that might just be me LOL.

@ Selpar Selpar Sword mode will return, once I manage the memory issue.

@ Granfalloon Granfalloon To put different sword on different costume is simply adding it to the model. I haven't gone around to touching that yet on PM3.5. I hear smash 3 may be having some issues with it at the moment. Ideally I would use my modded models, just tackling the PSA first.

@ The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn Yes both cape attacks (air/ground) will should reflect. They are like the old slap jab in that you cannot spam it really fast but can interrupt it with other moves.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
@ The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn Yes both cape attacks (air/ground) will should reflect. They are like the old slap jab in that you cannot spam it really fast but can interrupt it with other moves.
Awesome!

And I guess it's safe to assume the NeutralB is 4.0's taunt attack.

I'll be honest with you, Ashingda, I might not download the 4.1 version, because I really like 4.0's Nair and AA combo. Still looks pretty awesome though and looking forward to the next updates!

EDIT: Who am I kidding? Of course I'll download it!!!! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::pimp:

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Smash Cadet
I don't know if it is possible or not but would it be possible for you to release a version where you could use taunt or something to switch between the 3.5 moveset and this one. Again I don't know if this is possible or even if it would be a great difficulty to implement but I would like to use this moveset when I play it with friends but I know they would like access to the standard 3.5. Whatever you decide on this I still will definitely be trying this out!

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
So after testing a little.
I really like the new Jab and Nair as the cape. Also with this set up its easier to reflect while airborne.
And the new sword B is great. It might be slower but it packs a real punch now.
Angled Fsmash is hard to hit. But I need to test against people before I make a verdict on it.
Up tilt uppercut is great.
Updated Up B and down B are also very good. I enjoy the tweaks to them.
Over all the whole move set is great.

Now we just need that sword stance to be available ;)
Like @ The Incinerator The Incinerator said above. If you could use the 3.5 version with a few tweaks or some reused moves to save file space (obviously) that would be more than great imho.

Also will you use;
Okay so I had some time to do this, so here, have a new animation for Ganon. I made a new EscapeAir... or air dodge animation for him to go along with the ones made for his ground versions.
Looks really good! And it will make Ganon even less of a clone.

Selpar

Smash Cadet
@ _Ganondorf_ _Ganondorf_ Yeah the s-smash might be a bit much, I have trouble landing it even with the upward angle. Having to charge it is the drawback and sometimes cant even perform the smash. But that might just be me LOL.

@ Selpar Selpar Sword mode will return, once I manage the memory issue.

@ Granfalloon Granfalloon To put different sword on different costume is simply adding it to the model. I haven't gone around to touching that yet on PM3.5. I hear smash 3 may be having some issues with it at the moment. Ideally I would use my modded models, just tackling the PSA first.

Glad to hear that sword mode will be returning.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
I would be humbled if you were to use my animation. I worked hard on it.

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
After a bit more testing;

I think Nair should be stronger than it is currently. Just as much as the last version's. Idk if it is, but it feels weaker. Also I'm having difficulty Short hop canceling the Nair. It's no big deal but idk if there is anything that can be done about that.

Also Cape jab is great! It hits short/crouched foes very reliably (unlike vanilla jab) but can it get the electric effect form the vanilla jab and maybe that "smack" sound effect from it too?
Would be even cooler that way.

Also regarding animations. Although these are minor things if they can be done will only go to make this mod even more "uniform" and make Ganon even more unique than this mod is already making him.

- After Up B grab animation is still the same as Falcon's. Any chance that can get an update to make it unique?
- Anyway to have Ganon's losing or "no contest" pose not clap? Having his arms crossed and/or be facing away from the "camera" is a lot more fitting for the Prideful Ganondorf. Can't really see him clapping to an opponent no matter the circumstances lol.

Also can we have this over Ganon's crouching winning pose (the one when held by B)? I always found that one pretty odd for Ganon... Like why the hell are you crouching lol.
We can't replace the X one we need to able laugh at our foes after we win lol.
Sweet! I started working on some of Ganondorf's face animations, under the Shp0 category. Just to liven him up a bit more for his new animations. I did the SpecialSword and SpecialDEnd ones, plus some of his originals as well.

Edit: Updated his Win3 animations to more closely match his CSS pose.
Also is it possible to add a Triforce symbol to the back of Ganon's hand on the Y winning pose? Would be cool.

Again just some random ideas I have. These aren't important really but would be very nice to have I think.

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
I would be humbled if you were to use my animation. I worked hard on it.
Man your animations are great! Also The way you made them (just like Ashingda's) are very fitting and appropriate for Ganondorf it "fits like a glove" imho.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
I remember doing that... that was a while ago. Oh... and speaking of the Lose animation... I did exactly what you're speaking of Ganonfist. Hold on... I'll see if I can post here.

Granted this one is old and needs an update... but is this what you were talking about?

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
I remember doing that... that was a while ago. Oh... and speaking of the Lose animation... I did exactly what you're speaking of Ganonfist. Hold on... I'll see if I can post here.

Granted this one is old and needs an update... but is this what you were talking about?
Yeah exactly that! Man it's happy too see I'm not the only one who thinks and cares about these little things lol.
Looks Really awesome! I hope it gets used!
So much better fitting than the clapping.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
@ Heavy D88 Heavy D88 Those are great, I'd love to be able to include it! Can you post a download or send to me?

@ _Ganondorf_ _Ganondorf_ As always I greatly appreciate your help.

@ The Incinerator The Incinerator I mostly likely cannot include a 3.5 mode the differences are too great. I can however include a sword mode because most of the moves are shared and only a few key moves are different. If there was no memory cap, I'd add everything LOL.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
@ Heavy D88 Heavy D88 Those are great, I'd love to be able to include it! Can you post a download or send to me?

@ _Ganondorf_ _Ganondorf_ As always I greatly appreciate your help.

@ The Incinerator The Incinerator I mostly likely cannot include a 3.5 mode the differences are too great. I can however include a sword mode because most of the moves are shared and only a few key moves are different. If there was no memory cap, I'd add everything LOL.
I'm glad my help is useful, but man your mod makes my favorite video game character "come alive" I love your mod so much the least I can do is provide testing and ideas for it. I actually wish I could provide more...

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
You bet. I'll send you a link to them in our discussion. Or add to the one I already sent you. I'm glad you like my animations. They all took quite a lot of time to make. I put a lot of work into them... So I appreciate that you guys like them.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Found a bug on his Down-B, if he clings to the wall midair during Meteor Fist, he goes in T-pose (notable in Hyrule Castle Stage, on the tunnel wall.)

Sorry for being absent.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Well that's if he uses all of them or not... it depends on how much space he has left.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Thanks I got it!

@ Caporai Caporai and @ The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn thanks for catching that. It had some left over codes for when wiz kick smash into a wall and bounce back. I forgot to get rid of it!
The bounce back animation slot can be replaced for someting else. since Ganon isn't using that anymore.

Btw how powerful would Ganon be if he could act after teleportation midair?, (Like Mewtwo but cannot use Flame Choke)

DarkfireKurai

Smash Rookie
Personally, I find 2.1 a little more appealing to the versions after due to the addition of dual wielding. It just seems a little confusing to have both. It would be nice to have an newer version that uses only single blade.

failsnail99

Smash Cadet
Personally, I find 2.1 a little more appealing to the versions after due to the addition of dual wielding. It just seems a little confusing to have both. It would be nice to have an newer version that uses only single blade.
2.1 is definitely one of my favorite version,I personally keep v0.3b as the best since all three forms are great representations of each ganondorf(magic represents Oot,sword shows off TP,and classic fist ganon from smash)

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
The bounce back animation slot can be replaced for someting else. since Ganon isn't using that anymore.

Btw how powerful would Ganon be if he could act after teleportation midair?, (Like Mewtwo but cannot use Flame Choke)
When he can act out of teleport it's pretty powerful and quite OP. It's a free gtfo for him. Going by 3.5 when he could it was pretty ridiculous... It would be fine if he can only use A moves and NO specials. With specials his recovery would be way too good that way.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
2.1 is definitely one of my favorite version,I personally keep v0.3b as the best since all three forms are great representations of each ganondorf(magic represents Oot,sword shows off TP,and classic fist ganon from smash)
For me this latest version 4.1 and 3.5 are the best. 3.5 represents TP Ganondorf with the single sword + some magic which is pretty accurate for TP Ganondorf. And 4.1 represents OoT Ganondorf which uses mostly magic + some smash Ganon with some Hand to hand.

The duel mode also represented WW and HW (or even OoT Beast Ganon) but I don't think there is enough room to have all 3 represented...

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
When he can act out of teleport it's pretty powerful and quite OP. It's a free gtfo for him. Going by 3.5 when he could it was pretty ridiculous... It would be fine if he can only use A moves and NO specials. With specials his recovery would be way too good that way.
Well, Just wanted to see how he goes from teleport to floating, showing how badass he can get, and then meteor fist way down.

As for Meteor fist. it needs Ike Eruption flame model. Don't know If FitGanon.pac can affect the filesize, but maximum filesize would be 525-530kb from it.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Well, Just wanted to see how he goes from teleport to floating, showing how badass he can get, and then meteor fist way down.

As for Meteor fist. it needs Ike Eruption flame model. Don't know If FitGanon.pac can affect the filesize, but maximum filesize would be 525-530kb from it.
Don't get me wrong teleport to float to meteor fist (or flame chock etc.) is bad a** and something Ganon can do (obv) but in the game it would be too OP. In 3.5 when he had no float it made his recovery way too god like and made it so teleporting got you out of anything. If there was more start up lag to the teleport (and maybe some more endlag) it will be some what balanced and it would be ok to have specials out of UpB. But I don't think it's necessary.

Selpar

Smash Cadet
Don't get me wrong teleport to float to meteor fist (or flame chock etc.) is bad a** and something Ganon can do (obv) but in the game it would be too OP. In 3.5 when he had no float it made his recovery way too god like and made it so teleporting got you out of anything. If there was more start up lag to the teleport (and maybe some more endlag) it will be some what balanced and it would be ok to have specials out of UpB. But I don't think it's necessary.
I miss attacking out of teleport though it was a really good answer to projectile campers, and made the fact that Ganondorf has no ranged moves less of an issue because he could close the gap really fast. Even that pathetic short teleport in version 3.1 mixed served as an awesome way to set up combos. The loss of attacking out of teleport has honestly been the worst part of transitioning from 3.1 mixed to 4.1. Hitting someone with the ending grab of the teleport as it is now is extremely difficult and risky, because if they aren't in exactly the right place you won't grab them and then you go into free fall setting them up for an easy counter.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
I miss attacking out of teleport though it was a really good answer to projectile campers, and made the fact that Ganondorf has no ranged moves less of an issue because he could close the gap really fast. Even that pathetic short teleport in version 3.1 mixed served as an awesome way to set up combos. The loss of attacking out of teleport has honestly been the worst part of transitioning from 3.1 mixed to 4.1. Hitting someone with the ending grab of the teleport as it is now is extremely difficult and risky, because if they aren't in exactly the right place you won't grab them and then you go into free fall setting them up for an easy counter.
It is hard and risky to do I agree, but it's balanced that way. Teleporting as of itself is a very good recovery for any character. With the hitbox at the end it's harder to edge guard him but is that fair? As it's hard to go off the stage and stop his recovery due to the teleport. It only makes sense to have the grab at the end/beginning so the recovery isn't too good and there is room for punish if the Ganondorf player messes up.

Acting out of teleport is tricker... On one end its awesome but if not done perfectly with some sort of draw back it becomes OP quite easily. I think a happy medium would be to:
- grab at the beginning/end
- able to use A moves out of teleport with BUT can't use specials (or at least just side B to not be able to recover more)
- has enough start up lag before Ganon actually goes into teleport (not for the grab hitbox to come out, that should be very fast) so that the oppenent has room to punish.

In v3.5 it was too good. It was a super easy, super safe gtfo move that also gave the Ganon player to attack after. And it wasn't fun or fair for anyone playing against it...
So like I said it needs a balance otherwise it should stay as it is imho.

Last edited:
Top Bottom