• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tripping adds depth to smash brothers

ripkirby

Smash Cadet
The big nerf to dashing in Brawl is not being able to shield in the initial dash animation, that alone is a huge nerf to running. Adding tripping was just stupid.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Bridget > Milia
Everything I knew and loved...
was a lie.
Milia owns the **** out of Bridget, sorry.

And what the hell? People, this is an hi-jacked thread, don't talk about what the thread creator said, just talk about whatever you want to.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
your right...i cant stamp you 'idiot of the year' unless i met you outside the web, as far as your actions go on this thread perticular, your an 'idiot'...
i just cant fathom how tripping (a negative effect in the game, mind you) can be useful or "add depth"...
IMO tripping is a nuscence but it happens so scarcly that its hardly relevant or even a thought in my mind, im never thinking,
"Oh am i going to trip?" ect.

Besides, really the only time tripping is a negative factor is when you trip into a charging move or when you face LvL 9 CPUs, because humans cant react that fast to punish (except for M2K or Gimpy)...

I hope that shows you that my join date doesnt negatate my ability to make intelegent posts, just sometimes its more fun to be idiotic... ;)
lol you just made big fun of yourself. you just repeated dumb posts from this thread and made irrelevant and obvious comments. and no you're still not entitled to call me an idiot.
are you seriously 14? no dont answer it, stop posting in my thread

kr3wman

Smash Master
So yeah, I was watching Star Wars episode VI, and it's a pretty good movie.

Who saw it recently?

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
VALL3Y Stop telling people what to do, your not a mod

KR3WMAN THAT MOVIE IS AWSOME

MC-KILLA I DONT UNDERSTAND YOUR AVATAR

BOXOB WHERE DID YOU GO?

EVERYBODY ELSE GTFO AND GTH

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
1) i understand maybe brawl didnt need this extra balancing between running and walking, but thats what happened because of the addition of tripping. those are the consequences whether they were needed or not. they are actually a good balance any how because running is still better than walking

2) irrelevant. this example takes what i said out of context. if you had a fighting game with 3 uber chars and 7 **** chars, you nerf the three uber chars and the seven toher chars become viable.

3) in this case, **** you ;)
1) okay, so I guess tripping also adds balance to fsmashes, because you can also trip while doing them using the control stick
2) good point. I never figured it that way, but Samus, Mario, and Ganon needed no nerfing. They were fine exactly the way they were, good, but not not god-like. You're not supposed to nerf the good.
3) don't curse at me!!! :cry:

kr3wman

Smash Master
Bridget would own the **** out of Milia if he was a chick and you know it.
XD
The fact he thought he was a chick and still doesn't get why he is mistaken for a girl proves he is just fan service fodder. Sorry man, but don't deny the facts.

kr3wman

Smash Master
uhh heh what?
There's this guy in GG, Bridget, who was raised as a girl because his parents had twin brothers in a village where twins of the same sex are supposed to bring bad luck. Bridget wants to proves himself as a man yet doesn't realize he's as girly as Barbie.

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, the correct answer was 'Luigi.'

That's MAMA LUIGI TO YOU, MARIO!!

...C'mon, I can't be the only one who watches YouTube Poops...
i LOVE youtube poops....

"as we say in brooklen, HHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP!!!!!!."

uhh woah!!! if you didnt tell me Bridget was a guy i might of said hes cute....

*shudders*

okiyama

Smash Ace
Punishing because of tripping is not technical. That's like saying that attacking is technical. Although is takes some technical skill is so little nobody would actually call it technical skill.
But really, it's not about the person who didn't trip to punish them it's about who tripped to get punished because frankly I don't think that a random factor should make me literally fall into a snake FSmash and make me lose 1000 dollars at a major tournament.

Seriously tripping is the worst idea for any fighter ever. Like Gimpyfish put it '"Whoever came up with tripping should have been fired, and that idea had to go through a bunch of people before it got approved and all those people should have been fired also."'

Edit: neevrmind I thought this was a still a serious topic so instead I will say

*facepalm*

ADHD

Smash Hero
No................ tripping was sakurai's last attempt to stop the competitive scene completely, woops, that didn't work out.

Top Bottom