• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

triwing replacement?

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
Is there any sort of house hold item that can open the screws on the gamecube controller?

I can't seem to find a tri-wing screwdriver locally and the z button on one of my controllers sticks badly.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Is there any sort of house hold item that can open the screws on the gamecube controller?

I can't seem to find a tri-wing screwdriver locally and the z button on one of my controllers sticks badly.
there's this place online that sells tri-wing screwdrivers for like 85 cents but i forgot the site

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
There are plenty of kitchen utensils available to strip all your screws, no problem.
Hm, my only concern with these is the chance of stripping the screw and being screwed. Oh well, worth a try i guess.

Zjiin

Smash Master
If my sarcastic comment didn't dissuade you , then i'll tell you right out: don't ever try and open your controller with anything but a tri-wing.

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
Do not use the Triwing that goes with DS or Wii. Those screws are not the right size.

The best size are the Triwings that are for the GBA Advance and Gamecube Controller.

Top Bottom