• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Troll Science with Winnar!

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
In addition to this, in most or all energy conversions there is loss of energy by heat. There's no such thing as 100% energy conversion (I think this is right, but I could be forgetting one or two very specific case).

One of the exceptions is the fountain effect of super fluid helium. Energy from light converted purely to mechanical energy because of the zero entropy/zero viscosity property of superfluid helium undergoing a second order phase transition into liquid helium.

Check it out on the youtubezzzzzzzzzz

PS: <3 you guys and this thread

Winnar

Smash Lord
Lol Winnar time and time again I am impressed by your solid knowledge of physics and engineering. Keep up the good work :D
:D Thanks

Lol I had hoped that it would get a couple laughs before being completely buried.. but good job, guys.

for the most part, yeah, this is spot on.

1. I don't see too much of a reason that the cars would instantly stick together... there is enough space between them such that they can't instantly.. they might be pulled into a smaller circle eventually..

2. Yeah, as with most troll science, this one doesn't take into account the energy losses from heat.. and the momentum of actually moving the generator would steal a lot of the motion until the system is at rest. (almost instantly)

3. Actually ALL energy converts 100% to other energies... but I see what you are saying. you can't convert electrical to mechanical (for example) without having some sort of heat loss.

4. (Why has nobody mentioned this?) I know there are a number of other issues with the system, but is there seriously a magnet that requires no power that can pull a car? I'm actually not sure about this one... certainly no expert on magnets, but that would be impressive...
1. When I said near instantly, what I meant was that if you have magnets powerful enough

3. Yeah you're not going to destroy energy or whatever (first law of thermodynamics etc etc). Whenever people talk about losing energy, they mean losing useful energy to heat.

4. Yeah, I'm pretty sure BunBun is right about this.

Or you can make a manufacture a super strong magnet as large as you'd like

Here's a cool video of a magnet and a ferrofluid, or a fluid that gets magnetized whenever there's a magnetic field around it. This guy's putting a magnet underneath this fluid and then moving it around a little...wild

http://www.dansdata.com/images/magnets/ferrofluid.mpg

One of the exceptions is the fountain effect of super fluid helium. Energy from light converted purely to mechanical energy because of the zero entropy/zero viscosity property of superfluid helium undergoing a second order phase transition into liquid helium.

Check it out on the youtubezzzzzzzzzz

PS: <3 you guys and this thread
:D <3

This is exactly the kind of rare example I was hoping someone would provide, thanks!

Top Bottom