• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trophies Announced!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Stickers are easier to get a hold of than trophies. Just play the game and you’ll start to earn them as rewards.
You Herd that "Stickers are easier to get than trophies", "easier to get than trophies" "Than Trophies" "Trophies". Wow they returned.... And mabey that have a link to assist trophies... Anyone have to say anything about this that isnt "It was a comparison"...

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I think that trophies'll be in Brawl. They never said that they would be replacing trophies with stickers.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
I think that trophies'll be in Brawl. They never said that they would be replacing trophies with stickers.
Ya they said trophies will be harder to get than stickers as in trophies are in brawl... I want to know if they have a link with assist trophies...

Smile Guy

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah, people saying trophies won't be in Brawl now are either thick, them negative nancy things, or just like moaning.

Trophies will be in Brawl.

Sakurai will simply not be able to resist writing histories on everything and anything Nintendo!

Crystallion

Smash Ace
But you know, the quote could also imply otherwise, it's simply a too ambiguous statement. I never said that the trophies won't return, though, as I hope they will still be in Brawl. But they aren't announced, so I wouldn't get my hopes up too far yet.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
eh normally i wouldn't post n dis but dats jus false mane. i aint sayin trophies won't be in brawl, but that was just a comparison. he could of been comparing it to ssbm. so it'll be like he's saying stickers are easier to get so **** the trophies.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
eh normally i wouldn't post n dis but dats jus false mane. i aint sayin trophies won't be in brawl, but that was just a comparison. he could of been comparing it to ssbm. so it'll be like he's saying stickers are easier to get so **** the trophies.
:psycho::mad:I said not to say it was a comparison!!!:mad::psycho:
Im gonna eat your face mtr. negitive!!!!!!!!!:psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho:

Crystallion

Smash Ace
You know, in case you didn't know this is a forum. You have to expect to get negative answers. We are all hoping trophies make their triumphant return, but you can't say yet that it's true they will return. I want an announcement that states so, I won't believe anything unconfirmed till I see it with my own eyes.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
You know, in case you didn't know this is a forum. You have to expect to get negative answers. We are all hoping trophies make their triumphant return, but you can't say yet that it's true they will return. I want an announcement that states so, I won't believe anything unconfirmed till I see it with my own eyes.
Think about this... They arent going to be able to show us every update... think... there are gonna be about 45 characters.... About 25 pokemon, about 70 items and about 30 other things in the game that are worth mentioning... And like 70-90 updates left... You thiunk they are gonna announce all that oh ya and stages too...

Equilibrium

Smash Rookie
Think about this... They arent going to be able to show us every update... think... there are gonna be about 45 characters.... About 25 pokemon, about 70 items and about 30 other things in the game that are worth mentioning... And like 70-90 updates left... You thiunk they are gonna announce all that oh ya and stages too...
Well that just meens we have to wait till the game releases. You cant say that trophies are announced.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
No, probably Sakurai won't mention it all, but that doesn't make it safe for things to come back. It means that all we have is assumptions, I'm fine with that. But proving them to be true is something different, we can't do that, at least not till we receive further information on the subject (IF, that is).

cccck

Smash Journeyman
I think I understand.... trophies.... AT.... stickers are the old trophies. ATs are the new ones. Think about that

and you see the topic screen shot? could that mean that you can get stickers mid-brawl? mabey even in multilayer...

--- me, in the other topic ---

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
LOL @ "we don't wanna hear about trophies not being in the game"

Innocent until proven guilty. Trophies are unconfirmed until proven confirmed. The statement could easily be clarified to read like this: "Stickers are easier to get a hold of than trophies were in Melee." There is ZERO proof of trophies returning in the same form. So far, all we have is the assist trophy concept. :)

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Okay this is how i see it... When you unlock a trophy it is a possible AT Random... You can still look at Trophies in a 3D style with a description...Your all just negitive people who dont want trophies because you think its a waste of game space... When trophies are 1 of the main points of the game... Stickers are shown being collected in VS. Mode... Not being unlocked being something

Florida

イーグランツ
You Herd that "Stickers are easier to get than trophies", "easier to get than trophies" "Than Trophies" "Trophies". Wow they returned.... And mabey that have a link to assist trophies... Anyone have to say anything about this that isnt "It was a comparison"...
You call this proof? Sakurai had much mention comparing things from Brawl to Melee. Let me get a few examples for you.

(1) Characters: Bowser
Bowser has a slightly different flavor this time around!

To be honest, there are a LOT of characters that offer a slightly different flavor this time around. If you think they’re all going to be the same as they have been, it’ll be rough for you.

(2) Music: Star Fox, Space Armada
A different arrangement of this song appeared in Super Smash Bros. Melee, so some of you may already be familiar with it.

(3) Music: The Musicians
Here on Smash Bros. Dojo, we will share that music with you through occasional trial listening. Since this is my first post, I thought I would give you an arrangement of the song you probably heard most often in Super Smash Bros. Melee, Menu 1.
Motoi Sakuraba headed up that arrangement!​

And there are probably a few more that I have not the care to look for. This update neither deconfirms, or comfirms trophies. Sakurai was just mentioning how easier it was to get stickers in Brawl, than it was to get trophies in Melee. M'kay?

Charzendat

Smash Apprentice
I don't think Sakurai will be as unimaginative to include the trophies again. I'm not going to miss them. I collected all that I could in Melee and have no desire or want to see them again in Brawl as it'll all be just more of the same.

The stickers certainly won't be as cool but just think how many there will be. Currently we have stickers featuring artwork of Wario from Strikers and his kart from Double Dash. DK from that Baseball game and dice from Mario Party. Ike in full anime style and Rawk Hawk from Paper Mario tTYD. There will be hundreds and hundreds of these stickers to get and I won't be shocked if they total over a thousand. Hopefully they will be able to do something useful with them though.

Equilibrium

Smash Rookie
Okay this is how i see it... When you unlock a trophy it is a possible AT Random... You can still look at Trophies in a 3D style with a description...Your all just negitive people who dont want trophies because you think its a waste of game space... When trophies are 1 of the main points of the game... Stickers are shown being collected in VS. Mode... Not being unlocked being something
Do you know you are getting rly annoying. We never sad we dont want tropies, we are just saying that its not confirmed yet. I like the thophies, gives me something to do when im alone. I hope they will be in brawl but nothing has been sad like "Thropies will be in brawl".

YOU ARE AN *******.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
The comprehension level of the members in these forums astounds me.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I think you need to revisit the english language. "THAN" doesn't mean trophies are in brawl, it's comparing the difficulty to obtain the two. Sakurai could be comparing the difficulty of collecting trophies in Melee to the difficulty of collecting Stickers in brawl. This by no means confirms trophies in Brawl.

Even though I would like Brawl trophies, and I would like them much more than stickers, this doesn't confirm them. Also, I'm kind of OCD when it comes to things being neat and perfect, and unless there's an auto-arrange like there was for Trophies in melee, it would be VERY hard to arrange the stickers neatly in the sticker book, which is why I prefer trophies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom