• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

trouble uploading

K10

Smash Apprentice
Try opening windows movie maker and going on File>Capture Movie... It should show you your options. If your Camera doesn't show up, perhaps you need to get the Driver for your camera cord. Assuming it's just a normal USB cord that you bought at RadioShack or something, it won't install automatically since it's not the official cord. Maybe provide more info?

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
Try opening windows movie maker and going on File>Capture Movie... It should show you your options. If your Camera doesn't show up, perhaps you need to get the Driver for your camera cord. Assuming it's just a normal USB cord that you bought at RadioShack or something, it won't install automatically since it's not the official cord. Maybe provide more info?
i dont think i have windows movie maker.

its just a normal usb cord for it, i got it from my friend but it fits how it should in the camera and computer. it didnt make that "bloop" sound like when i put my ipod in though lol

oh and what "driver" are you talking about?

K10

Smash Apprentice
If you are using a windows operating system(XP and above), you should have Windows Movie Maker. Unless your friend has the exact same camera as you, which I doubt, you'll most likely need to go to your camera manufacturer's website and look up your camera's model and try to find device drivers for it. It needs special drivers because the chord is most likely not made specifically just for your camera so when you plug it in, it doesn't automatically detect and install drivers for it.

Provide more information. Are you using a Windows operating system? XP or above? What brand/model is your camera?

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
If you are using a windows operating system(XP and above), you should have Windows Movie Maker. Unless your friend has the exact same camera as you, which I doubt, you'll most likely need to go to your camera manufacturer's website and look up your camera's model and try to find device drivers for it. It needs special drivers because the chord is most likely not made specifically just for your camera so when you plug it in, it doesn't automatically detect and install drivers for it.

Provide more information. Are you using a Windows operating system? XP or above? What brand/model is your camera?
I do have an XP but have never seen windows movie maker on the computer...your saying it just comes with it? if i do have it can i make the video regardless of having to use my friends USB cord?

as for my camera, on the side it says "SONY", to the left it says "Carl Zeiss, Vario-tessar, optical 20x"

any ideas?
thanks

Mizar

Smash Ace
Maybe try Sony Vegas? I think that has a capture feature in it too.

*COUGH* just download 8.0 it with a crack *COUGH*

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
wtf...so i just downloaded windows movie maker to be sure, it said it was finished but i cant find the icon anywhere and searching for it doesn't seem to be helping at all :(

theres some "windows movie maker sample" that popped up with some little kid in a park lol, it opened with Windows Media player.

still have no idea how i can get the camera to open with it though

K10

Smash Apprentice
I do have an XP but have never seen windows movie maker on the computer...your saying it just comes with it? if i do have it can i make the video regardless of having to use my friends USB cord?

as for my camera, on the side it says "SONY", to the left it says "Carl Zeiss, Vario-tessar, optical 20x"

any ideas?
thanks
You don't need Sony Vegas. Sony Vegas is an editing program. Try looking for a number like DCR-SR100 or something of the sort on your camera. Only then will I be able to help you.

After looking at a few, I saw one with the model number "DCR-HC19E" and I have reason to believe that this is the one you have.

Here's a picture of it if you can't seem to find the model number.

If it turns out that this is the one you have, THIS is the link you'll need to use to get the driver:
http://support.sony-europe.com/dime..._cam/usbdrven.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&m=DCR-HC19E

As for Movie Maker, go on your Start menu, then click on Run then paste this: moviemk
If you have it, it will open.

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
on the back of the video screen mine says "DCR-HC21 NTSC"

it looks identical to what you posted, would the same drive work? looks like thats for the UK too, im in the US if that matters

thanks for the help with movie maker, i got it opened but your saying i still need the correct drive to upload the video right?

also is it possible that its due to having a different USB cord or would that not matter?

K10

Smash Apprentice
on the back of the video screen mine says "DCR-HC21 NTSC"

it looks identical to what you posted, would the same drive work? looks like thats for the UK too, im in the US if that matters

thanks for the help with movie maker, i got it opened but your saying i still need the correct drive to upload the video right?

also is it possible that its due to having a different USB cord or would that not matter?
Since there don't seem to be drivers on the official site, I assumed that this may have been a common problem, so I Googled your camera model and found a page with these two driver downloads for it:
http://www.camerahacker.com/Forums/...C21_xp_driver_needed.files.hidden/HCRDC21.zip and http://www.camerahacker.com/Forums/...21_xp_driver_needed.files.hidden/USBDRVEN.EXE

Movie Maker is not detecting it because the drivers aren't installed. If it's the same kind of cord required for your camera, it'll most likely work once the driver/s are installed. Let me know how it goes.

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
Since there don't seem to be drivers on the official site, I assumed that this may have been a common problem, so I Googled your camera model and found a page with these two driver downloads for it:
http://www.camerahacker.com/Forums/...C21_xp_driver_needed.files.hidden/HCRDC21.zip and http://www.camerahacker.com/Forums/...21_xp_driver_needed.files.hidden/USBDRVEN.EXE

Movie Maker is not detecting it because the drivers aren't installed. If it's the same kind of cord required for your camera, it'll most likely work once the driver/s are installed. Let me know how it goes.
:mad: ugh! lol

i dont know whats wrong, i thought that would work. i downloaded both of those links you posted (they just went straight to a download which was really quick, but it says "driver" so i assume that part worked). then i went to windows movie maker and clicked "Capture from video device", all that happened was a block with an X popped up saying "A video capture device was not detected. Verify that a device is turned out and connected properly, and then try again" which is what it was saying before.

K10

Smash Apprentice
Your camera has to be on and on the play setting opposed to the capture setting. Did you INSTALL the driver file/s? You mentioned downloading but nothing about installing.

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
Your camera has to be on and on the play setting opposed to the capture setting. Did you INSTALL the driver file/s? You mentioned downloading but nothing about installing.
The camera was on the play setting.

the driver was weird, i clicked the link you gave and it said on the bottom of the screen "save file" so i did and it downloaded, then there was a "finished" note. i clicked open on the list of downloads and a folder with "driver" came up so i assumed that was all i had to do and when i clicked the folder it just opened up to a few random things.
the 2nd one i did the same and when i click its icon a box pops up "USB Driver Software" and in the middle says "Uncompress to folder" and has my name file in a box with another box saying "reference" next to it and the usual OK/Cancel at the bototm. am i supposed to do anything else?

K10

Smash Apprentice
Okay, try installing the "USBDRVEN.EXE" and it should extract to a folder called "Sony_usb" in your documents folder(unless you change the default location). In that folder will be a setup file. Plug in the camera, open the setup file, follow the instructions then restart your computer in the end.

I just opened the other file and opened the folder to find the same setup file, so I guess either should work.

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
Okay, try installing the "USBDRVEN.EXE" and it should extract to a folder called "Sony_usb" in your documents folder(unless you change the default location). In that folder will be a setup file. Plug in the camera, open the setup file, follow the instructions then restart your computer in the end.

I just opened the other file and opened the folder to find the same setup file, so I guess either should work.
actually before you wrote this i noticed that folder with "Sony_USB" on it. i opened it and clicked the setup icon. it went through some download and said i will need to restart it first. i did that twice letting it restart both times. i plugged in the usb, went to movie maker, and it still said the same error problem.

K10

Smash Apprentice
Did you install it with the camera plugged in like it said in the installation?

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry I couldn't help you out more. It's kinda hard to help people rather than just do it for them. If I were you, I'd try going to the page for your camera and try getting some official help: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-faq.pl?mdl=DCRHC21
alright, thanks for taking the time to give me all the advice. i really have no idea what it is but just the fact that none of what i've done has worked makes me think its the cable.

Top Bottom