• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trouble with Mac

SuFiRo

Smash Rookie
NNID
UmRine
This is my first thread post on here, so sorry in advance if it ends up not being thread-worthy.

For a while now, I noticed I've been really having trouble with the :4littlemac: vs :4littlemac: matchup. Most of the matches I have using this matchup, it seems to go either way. I'm not losing every time, but I'm not winning every time either.
I'm worried that it might just be me not knowing how to counter my own main, which is kind of embarrassing.
So, do any other :4littlemac: mains have this problem? If so, how do you change/adapt your playstyle to counter your opponent's Mac? I'm always up for learning how to improve my game so if anyone can help, I'd more than appreciate it.

Zodiacx10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zodiacx10
mac ****s on mac so hard its kinda funny. most mac dittos with 2 stocks end in like under a minute every time. one things i can tell you though is if ur off stage against mac you better space ur recovery well or he is gonna down smash you and you are gonna die very early.

Barrelrolls220

Smash Rookie
NNID
magpie6006woof7
Little mac is not that good of a character to be honest. i mean some people can main him but even still people can't really play him perfect.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
The Mac Ditto is actually really hard to be honest. Since Mac has such good Frame Data both players can punish what the other Mac does super quick meaning you have to be more carefully with your attacks. Then there is the super armor. Nothing to more annoying then going for a tilt then getting hit in the face with a Forward Smash or Down Smash.

You got to play super slow and thoughtful and not just throw out attacks. Get Little Mac into the game and catch his landings with grabs and space better then the other Mac can.

SuFiRo

Smash Rookie
NNID
UmRine
TheLegendaryFoxFire TheLegendaryFoxFire Thanks for the advice! Most of the dittos I do is just one punish after another from both players, so I see what you mean. I'll be sure to change up my approach next time around.

Hrafn

Smash Rookie
The rule (for me) seems to be that if you beat someone too much with Mac on For Glory, they will almost invariably pick Mac after a while and not seldomly win and then immediately quit (with or without adding salt). It's extremely demoralizing =S
Wish they could stay and keep playing him so I could get some much needed Mac VS Mac training...

Zoramine Fae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8088-7214
This is my first thread post on here, so sorry in advance if it ends up not being thread-worthy.

For a while now, I noticed I've been really having trouble with the :4littlemac: vs :4littlemac: matchup. Most of the matches I have using this matchup, it seems to go either way. I'm not losing every time, but I'm not winning every time either.
I'm worried that it might just be me not knowing how to counter my own main, which is kind of embarrassing.
So, do any other :4littlemac: mains have this problem? If so, how do you change/adapt your playstyle to counter your opponent's Mac? I'm always up for learning how to improve my game so if anyone can help, I'd more than appreciate it.
Little Mac has problems dealing with the very same things that he is good at: other characters with amazing frame data, great ground game, and Armor.

While Sheik and Yoshi, two characters I also consider to have very dominating MUs against Mac these days, have the former two, they don't have any Armor barring the jump Armor that Yoshi's Jump gets and intangibility on Sheik's Up B, which isn't Armor at all. Now, this wouldn't be a problem at first glance; the Macs just have to start edgeguarding each other and prepare for the worst if something happens to you at the ledge.

But there is WAY too many issues with this ditto that make it more complicated:

- Yeah, Mac has a good neutral game. Now imagine two cats fighting over the same little laser pointer dot, with them patiently waiting for the other to move then brutally massacring each other. That's the Mac Ditto neutral.

- You have armor. They have armor. So, what the **** happens when two armor attacks connect? The latter wins, which reinforces you being patient even more so than beforehand.

- You get knocked offstage and its done. Mac's crappy aerials turn into Sheik's FAir when you have recovery like Mac's own. Which is dumb.

- Down Smash is literally the best move in the universe; catches back rolls, now has a damage increase, and causes good knockback overall.

The best thing you can do in the Mac ditto is find a secondary in order to handle it. If your opponents wants it, more than likely either he just hates the ditto but doesn't want to change or he knows it like the back of his hand. If the latter, RUN.

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
straight lunge can eat ftilt, jab and staled dtilt/utilt which is like 90% of macs neutral game. keep that in mind. i suggest practicing dash-roll cancelled grabs and dash attack - cancelled grabs for extra grab range.

Top Bottom