• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Try Hard 4: Live Free or Try Hard (December 1st) AZ (Last one)

AXE 09

Smash Master
Sudden Death on Pokefloats, Temple, Final Destination; Flat Zone counterpicking; **** combos; Sheikachu combos; college combos; Link and Falcon acrobatics; lack of swearing/smoking/drinking; Falco dittos; Stepmania; "I can't!"; Good/Nice/Great/Jammin'/Cool/Radical/Tight/Awesome/Extreme/Perfect; staying up til 4 in the morning; organizing smashfests; making everyone happy; inspiring me to play the 3 spacies; being an amazing friend (Need I say who this is? <3)
dude.... this literally just made like.... my entire week. you have no idea. man, being in phoenix is so lonely and ******** =( i mean, yeah, i have Tai, but... seriously. i miss seeing all of you guys every day. i miss meeting up at 11:50 every weekday to eat lunch, play smash all day, then standing outside pretending to do real life melee combos like... i drill, i shine, i jab (so thunder's combo, right?), i upsmash! and here comes rob........ lol

all in all, i really do miss the u of a, and i miss all of you guys so very dearly. phoenix is so lonely =( someone come and save me

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
For now it is free because it gets people to enter doubles. If it costs money, you won't see very many teams. This was voted on at the last tournament. I really do like having money involved. But I'd prefer more people entering (even if there is essentially no prize). If people vote next time to have an entry fee, I will go with the majority.

Oh! Also...it is unlikely there will be a March tournament because of spring break and the SoCal tournament. Expect one next weekend and in April (and in like August).

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
For now it is free because it gets people to enter doubles. If it costs money, you won't see very many teams. This was voted on at the last tournament. I really do like having money involved. But I'd prefer more people entering (even if there is essentially no prize). If people vote next time to have an entry fee, I will go with the majority.

Oh! Also...it is unlikely there will be a March tournament because of spring break and the SoCal tournament. Expect one next weekend and in April (and in like August).
im sure everyone would vote for free singles if they had the chance

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
just saying:

me, dualcats, and possibly maxxxpower need tucson housing saturday night and a good bit of sunday

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
hmmm

i think i'll house with you if that's fine

and karl can house with kyle

kyle was iffy about housing two people since he's already got Tommy

ALSO:

is there a U of A smashfest on friday?

Duff0

Smash Ace
Can't come =[. Missed the date (purple is **** hard to read with a black background btw), and made plans. Sorry

Goop

Smash Journeyman
So I have two spots in my car for the Tuscon tourney. If you want one pm me. First come first serve, we leave Sat morning and return Sat evening. Gas money is split evenly.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Yay!

When/where is the smashfest?

Also, Tommy, can we use your Wii to play hacked Melee?

dairspike

Smash Cadet
Why does 'yay' sound so weird coming from you Tai lol. I get off work tonight early at 7 and I will be free 830ish

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Well, I am free after 4, so for all intents and purposes, I'll say, I'm free from 6ish PM until 1 in the morning. Which means between those times, guaranteed set up (if you guys want and call me and stuff) at the Student Union.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Glad to finally be able to play in tournament for the first time in over half a year I think. I think this is only like the 4th melee singles tournament I've entered actually haha. I think I'll refrain from going random like usual and stick to Captain Falcon, Marth, Sheik, Falco, Fox, and Peach. Maybe Ganondorf. That seems like an obnoxious list of characters but I'm comfortable with all of them and that's still considerably less characters than what I usually use in tournament haha.

If Chris doesn't make it in time for doubles, who wants to team with me? I'll do my best not to go for goofy kills.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Tai, you can use my Wii.

But if Sean wants to play some Brawl with me sometime during tomorrow, I'm going to want to play with him.

Edit: I'm not going to bringing my PS3. Too much s*** to carry.

Top Bottom