• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Try Hard 4: Live Free or Try Hard (December 1st) AZ (Last one)

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
June 9th. How do you guys feel? My going away party, so I expect you all to be there. Give rides to KiraFlax, K9, and Saffy. They're super legit. No Oksasoglu's.

Please note:

Title Page Information said:
Project Melee Ruleset

Stagelist:

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland 64
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dracula's Castle
Green Hill Zone

Counterpicks:

Temple:M
Metal Cavern
Kongo Jungle 64 - may be banned
SSE: Jungle
Rumble Falls
Skyworld
Wario Ware
Lylat Cruise - may be banned
Pokemon Stadium

Singles/Doubles Information:
Entry Fee (Singles): $5
Entry Fee (Melee Doubles): $4/team ($2/person)
Entry Fee (Brawl Doubles): $10/team ($2/person)
Entry Fee (Project M Singles/Doubles): TBD - though probably either $2 or $5 for singles and $4 for doubles
Singles: Pools, Winners of the pools advance to a Double elimination bracket
Doubles: Round Robin (unless more than 15 teams, in which case: bracket)
Bring roughly $20 to the tournament if you plan on doing singles, doubles, and going to IHOP. If that means you need to go to the bank or talk to your mom/dad; do that now before the tournament.

oksas

oak-sauce
he'll be back next school year, though at pima. he's spending the summer in Japan on a quest to find an asian wife

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
I might be able to go to this. I saw that K9, KiraFlax, and Saffy need rides. I have room for 3 others in my car, so it all fits. If you guys would need me to get you, message me/text me 480-529-8837 and I might be able to go. I might be working though. My car isn't the best for long drives, so definitely try to find other rides, but if you don't find any rides I can be that last resort guy.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
why's he gonna be at pima?
I'll be taking one class at UA to finish up my undergrad degree (Genetics class for Bio degree). Afterwards, if I want to still work at the library, I have to take a class at any college, so I may take a cheap class at Pima.

Regardless, I'd like to take Korean and/or Japanese wherever, so I may have another class at UA or Pima.

Only thing that's guaranteed is that I have one more class at UA during Fall 2012.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
You kids and your foreseeable futures. Here in Liberal Arts, we like to live free... and aimlessly... and desperate

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I like having a foreseeable future. I haven't had one until recently. Spontaneity can be fun, but I prefer the comfort of actually having many months ahead in my life planned out.

k9.

Smash Ace
June 9th. How do you guys feel? My going away party, so I expect you all to be there. Give rides to KiraFlax, K9, and Saffy. They're super legit. No Oksasoglu's.

Please note:
Hey i want to come on june 9th i will try to plan something out with the mesa crew.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
rob. okami. big wang.

no. stop this nonsense
My parents are upset with me for driving so much and not seeing them very much. I may be able to fly out to Tucson for this tournament, but chances are I won't just be able to drive wherever.

EDIT: Check it.

http://www.union.arizona.edu/infodesk/hours/week.php?date=2012-6-4

TV Lounge is open from 8a to 9p.

So, either we're on a tight schedule and do like no doubles, or we start the tourney at 10 instead.*

*That is if I am able to have the tournament still. -_-

Herro94

Smash Apprentice
My parents are upset with me for driving so much and not seeing them very much. I may be able to fly out to Tucson for this tournament, but chances are I won't just be able to drive wherever.

EDIT: Check it.

http://www.union.arizona.edu/infodesk/hours/week.php?date=2012-6-4

TV Lounge is open from 8a to 9p.

So, either we're on a tight schedule and do like no doubles, or we start the tourney at 10 instead.*

*That is if I am able to have the tournament still. -_-
If we want to have it till later i can host it at my house we have alot of room here and i have like 3 tv we can use.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I say we start at 9 or 10 am. If rob can't host, I will.

:phone:
Okay. I definitely cannot hold the tournament. I am so sorry. Xander can host. I'll keep the thread open.

Instead, I'll have to have some sort of event between tomorrow and May 29th, preferably during the week. What is best for you guys? Doesn't have to even have smash. In fact, I'd kinda like to play Settlers of Catan, but yeah. I wanna have a going away party before I leave for 2 months.

~BW

Jane

Smash Hero
you expect phx to leave at 630AM? yeah no lol

SETTLERS!!!!!!

im down basically anytime rob, but thursday would be ideal for me.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Thursday works fine for me, granted it's done around the u of a area due to ease of travel. @Jane; I do expect them to. They want to get home at a reasonable time, and play friendly matches? Then make a compromise and drive to Tucson early morning. I did it on a monthly basis for YEARS. stop being lazy, smash community. You're adults.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Thursday works fine for me, granted it's done around the u of a area due to ease of travel. @Jane; I do expect them to. They want to get home at a reasonable time, and play friendly matches? Then make a compromise and drive to Tucson early morning. I did it on a monthly basis for YEARS. stop being lazy, smash community. You're adults.

i'd rather cut the friendlies than leave before 11AM

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord

You did this for TCGs.

Oh, don't forget to mention that no one cares.

Did I mention no one cares?

AXE 09

Smash Master
You're asking ME to leave that early? LOL :laugh:

On a serious note though, if that's the only option, I'll probably consider not entering so I can show up late. I just wanna play lol. I wanna say yes that I'll leave my place by like 5:45 or 6 so I can drive around and pick people up so we can leave PHX hopefully by 6:30, but I know myself. There's no way I'll be up that early unless I pull an all nighter lol. Sorry :(

Don't host the tourney later just cuz of me though please.

Blood Falcon11

Smash Apprentice
Xander. I guarantee you that most of Phoenix does not want to and most likely will not leave at 6:30 AM, that's unreasonable. It'd just be better to have the tournament start at 3-5 PM and just not have so many friendlies before the tournament. It would be more convenient for all of us if you started it at 3-5.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
All I see here is the "it's the way we've always done it" mindset. Yuki guys aren't providing actual argument behind why having the tournament start early is bad besides "we dont want to wake up that early."

You're adults. Deal with it. You want to have your cake and eat it too? We start early. You want a rushed, gimped tournament? Show up in the afternoon. Remember the venue closes before 10pm. The latest I want to start is 11am.

On a final note, take in to account the lower traffic due to driving in the morning. You guys really don't need to leave until 7am.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
yeah, i'd rather have a rushed gimped tourney than waking up early

if it starts at 11, i'll skip teams and hopefully show up in time for singles

Corigames

Smash Hero
Not to mention if flagstaff has any interest in showing, they're double ****ed. Also, waking up at an appropriate time is necessary for competitive play.

I get the feeling that there isn't going to be q tournament, but a big tucson smashfest. So take that as you see it, but I'm still at the whim of car folks.

Top Bottom