• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Try Shooting the Bad Guys - Fox GD/Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSP

Smash Legend
I doubt wavedashing and Lcancelling are coming back

But who knows?

Jump cancel-able shines would be a good start.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Confirm that he has prosthetic limbs for legs to substantiate that hell of an Up Smash, or nerf it.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
The sub-forums are here?? HELL YES!!

They can keep Brawl or Melee Fox style idc long as the throws ****** his viability stop.

Get Low

Smash Ace
As long as they make Fox heavy, throws are going to **** him. That's just how it is.
Been that way since Melee.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Fox isn't heavy, his falling speed is fast and he has always had one of the fastest falling acceleration.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
It's all good now we are on common understandings.

Shine needs it's hitbox fixed, it's basically non-existant

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The shine in Brawl was awful.

But yeah, Fox needs a clearly defined style. In each smash game, its' like he has a completely different style, different strengths, and each time (minus Brawl, where he was average) he was high/top tier status. The people who work on Fox need to make him either keep his Brawl style, or give him back his Smash 64 (just not the Smash 64 laser!) :chuckle: or Melee style (just give him a weaker shine). :laugh: Maybe then give remnants of Fox's Smash 64 and Melee styles to Wolf, but that's another story.

But after that, obviously balance Fox, fit him into the game, and keep all of his moves (although they should feel free to alter them a bit from there). As a Melee Fox main and a smash fan though, I am tired of a brand new Fox each smash game. I want my tenured veterans to have the same style each (or nearly each) time. (maybe it's just me, though)

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
@ Get Low yeah weight and gravity influence are different

Weight is how hard it is to move a character essentially, most notably horizontally.

Gravitational influence is basically just how fast they fall lol.

Also, I think a melee style fox with a little less kill power on usmash and bair would be good. And nerf shine with less hitstun.

:phone:

Jeffbelittle

Smash Apprentice
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE A JAMES McCloud SKIN!!!

Okay seriously,

Ever since Starfox 64, when you beat Andross "for real" and see James McCloud, you COULD NOT think he wasn't the coolest guy of all time. If that's a spoiler I'm sorry but you waited too long to play that game.

Here's the most memorable quotes of James McCloud:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMx2vO-aLCE

Not to mention: playing the game on Expert mode meant you'd obtain James glasses as your own as Fox.

Everyone wants to feel like a badass. Giving Fox James Glasses, if not also James voice as an easter egg would make me always main him.

bombers14

Smash Apprentice
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE A JAMES McCloud SKIN!!!

Okay seriously,

Ever since Starfox 64, when you beat Andross "for real" and see James McCloud, you COULD NOT think he wasn't the coolest guy of all time. If that's a spoiler I'm sorry but you waited too long to play that game.

Here's the most memorable quotes of James McCloud:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMx2vO-aLCE

Not to mention: playing the game on Expert mode meant you'd obtain James glasses as your own as Fox.

Everyone wants to feel like a badass. Giving Fox James Glasses, if not also James voice as an easter egg would make me always main him.
That would be the best skin you can get. James was a cool character too and he also appeared a bit in assault and command but If he had his own character It would probably be a clone so ya a skin.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
James skin FTW.

Has it ever occurred to anyone that Fox uses kicks entirely save for two attacks? I never realized this until someone on SRK pointed it out.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That's kind creepy if you ask me. And that magazine reminded me of how Fox needs to look like a Fox and less like a bell.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
James skin FTW.

Has it ever occurred to anyone that Fox uses kicks entirely save for two attacks? I never realized this until someone on SRK pointed it out.
Noticed it in melee. Kinda similar to Taekwondo. Falco used more of his "wings" in Brawl.

I would also like a James McCloud skin. The "F-ZERO" one, I mean.

For StarFox's James, Fox could just put on his sunglasses as a taunt and keep them on until you push the taunt button again. He looked too similar to his dad, anyway.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
Dude james needs to be a CHAR!!.......
That is if star fox gets a new game in that time
epic prequel:awesome:

Jet300

Smash Ace
Dude james needs to be a CHAR!!.......
That is if star fox gets a new game in that time
epic prequel:awesome:

I highly doubt seeing James as a character in smash 4. If he was, he'll just be another clone character of fox and might be a better version or worse version of fox. He'll just be a costume like he always was in the other smash brothers games. And I agree with Asia catdog blue. Fox should put his dads shades when he taunts. His Upsmash should get nerfed and his shine hitbox needs to get fixed. His design will most likey look like the star fox 64 3d mixed with the star fox assault fox.

Also, andross should NEVER be a character in smash 4. It just doesn't make any sense at all.

bombers14

Smash Apprentice
I would like to see pigma make a cameo in ssb4 story mode and taunt fox about his dad which pisses him off. But anyways no I think that james should be an unlockable skin so he wouldn't have his own character spot but just a skin that you could alternate with fox but it has to be unlocked. Like mario and dr mario that is how that should work.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
For StarFox's James, Fox could just put on his sunglasses as a taunt and keep them on until you push the taunt button again. He looked too similar to his dad, anyway.
Or Fox could just put them on in his victory pose, while saying:"I'm Fox Mc.Cloud! Deal with it!"

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I'd like a Fox that doesn't get chaingrabbed to hell and back, thank you very much~! Its really saddening. This character takes so much skill to play on high levels and just gets destroyed by chaingrabs. Maybe reduce his fallspeed slightly so he's less vulnerable?

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Not important, but I remember that the Nintendo Power Player's Guide had a name for every attack that the characters had and used in Melee. Here is Fox's

Weak Attacks

1-2-Multi-Hit: Jab, Straight, Rapid Kick

Strong Attacks

Upward: Back Kick
Forward: Fox Kick
Downward: Fox Tail

SMASH ATTACKS:

Upward: Flip Kick
Forward: Roundhouse Kick
Downward: Fox Split

Dash Attack: Jumping Side Kick

Aerial Attacks:

Center: Flying Kick
Front: Tornado Kick
Back: Reverse Spin Kick
Up: McCloud Flip
Down: Air Drill

Special Attacks

Standard B: Blaster
Foward B: Fox Illusion
Upward B: Fire Fox
Downward B: Reflector

Grapples and Throw Downs

Pummel: Knee
Front: Elbow Bash
Back: Skeet Blaster
Up: Star Balster
Down: Floor Blaster

Guess I handled that well.

Carlo_H.Luz

Smash Apprentice
I would like to see Fox a little bit more powerfull. Not just only fast but also powerfull. Fox is a legend in ssb! Andross 4 ssb4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom