• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trying to start up a new Indiana local, looking for smashers

ezebbx

Smash Rookie
Hi, my name is Tommy Reynolds and my smashtag is EzE and I am a new player in the Smash community. I've been playing only for about 4 months but have been watching the scene for about a year. I come to you today because I want to set up a local tourney at this store in my local mall. It's mostly a comic book store and Magic the Gathering place, but it's also a place that sets up local tourneys for tons of things and I would love to start a smash tournament for Melee and Project M. So far, this is the location of where I want to set this up and all the supplies that are present.

Supplies: 6 CRT TV's, 2 Gamecubes, 2 Wii's

So far that is all the supplies that are present but there will be more to come after I get everything set up. I'm think that we honestly only need 4 CRT TV's, 4 Gamecubes, and 4 Wii's for this. I want it to be a 2 day event. Day 1 being the PM singles bracket and Day 2 being the Melee singles. I might set up doubles as well for each of the days events but I am still working out all the information on this with my friend that is helping me set this up. I'm also trying to set up a cash prize for this and a trophy (and a name for the event lol). All in all I am looking into setting this up around June or maybe early July. I want to try and invite any of the best Indiana smashers or anyone around the Midwest area, but this will also be open to the randoms that want to enter. The big thing about this tourney that I want to accomplish is setting up a local scene here and expanding the community. If you are a smasher and want to contact me about entering then contact me on here or at my email gamingace17@gmail.com. I would love to get as many people here and set up a stream for this??? but that will be in due time. I will try and post more updates in this thread and would love to hear any feedback on any information you could give me to help set this up.

voorhese

Smash Master
I've met some players from marion at a DZ tourney, do you know them? If not I will try my best to find them for you!

ezebbx

Smash Rookie
I've met some players from marion at a DZ tourney, do you know them? If not I will try my best to find them for you!
I do not know them. Could you find them for me? I would love to meet them and play them

Oej

Smash Rookie
I have a group of 3-5 smashers in the Indy area. We only play 64, though.

cloud 9 WEDL

Smash Rookie
I have a group of 3-5 smashers in the Fishers, Indiana area but we are willing to travel within the state for a Indy smash tournament. We play melee and project m.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Oh wow I'm from Gas City, but I don't play Melee... Only smash 4! Darn my luck.

Top Bottom