• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TSA Biweeklies on hiatus - Check often for updates!

Would you rather pay a $5 house fee to enter the house, or take 40% of the pot?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
XD yo kid i hate to break it to u but i think pikachu sux. heres some advice until u get really good in general play with an easier char to use. someone like :marth, Peach,shiek, samus(kinda), someone like these chars. then wen ur pretty good try lower tier chars.

BTW TAKE THT HALO **** OFF UR SIG MAN. COMON THIS IS A MELEE FORUM!!!!!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
My haircut excuse only lasted for 8 hours this time so I had to leave singles early "LOL!" I had lots of fun in doubles, just when I thought we took care of Spammer's team in winners they whooped us in losers "lol" Was also funny hearing people say "Team Pringles?! WTF?!"

Fun friendlies with Mikeman, Muz, Mog, Sneak, and Luck. Hopefully I'll be there for the entire Smashfest next time, without a haircut excuse.

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
First Post After Tourney!!!

Eh yo tht was fun *** hell. for everone i didnt get to play : Spammer, Inui, LK, various other good people. ill take u out next time XD

PS: Yo skag GG man. i still think i coulda won those matches though dont know wat came over me -_-.

Sneak ill see u at Zenith hopefully there we can play a full set.

Everyone remember Luck cuz wen hes pro ur gona say "I remember wen tht kid sucked"

Sensei: Why du u have to be such a beast for????. i definatly want u to train me sum day.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
XD yo kid i hate to break it to u but i think pikachu sux. heres some advice until u get really good in general play with an easier char to use. someone like :marth, Peach,shiek, samus(kinda), someone like these chars. then wen ur pretty good try lower tier chars.

BTW TAKE THT HALO **** OFF UR SIG MAN. COMON THIS IS A MELEE FORUM!!!!!
yea, i figured that out the hard way, it sucks since i started playing smash seriously this week, to have to come to this thing and get owned the way i did...wow, it was amazing. and all I got to say is Wes's Samus is rediculous....i didnt play him, but i watching most of his matches, just really good. I play Peach now, I was able to fair better with her, but I have a long ways to go...

Im tryin to get in some MvC2 next time though, dont like Melty Blood.

JFox

Smash Hero
slipperypete- You are a real cool guy. I enjoy BK with you :) cheered me up. nice matches. I'll see you at Cat3.
reik- i really appreciate the matches we played together. I had fun and learned a lot. What really impressed me most was that your attitude toward others is so cool. Like I couldn't beat you once, and you were still enjoying our matches us much as I was. And you were willing to teach people.
Magus- we didn't even get to play 1 full match. unfortunate.
Mike & Bill- Nice seein you guys. :)

these were really the only shoutouts worth giving...

to everyone else:
sorry- im not as good as my post count lets on.

MikeMan445

Smash Journeyman
Eh, jay don't worry. It's fun even though we've appeared to be stagnating a bit. We'll get better :-D

shoutouts: abbreviated form cause i'm so tired:

everyone rules, everyone is the man

good seeing everyone

Eggm

Smash Hero
Ya reiks awesome, and he helps you learn enjoys your matches and no johns, so great, lack of people like this is killing the game for me. And my crew members quitting D:. I need a reik that plays peach marth and sheik (my only bad matchups) so i can be complete unfortunately all the best marth/sheik/peach players in this area only sandbag/john during friendlies or pick other characters so theres no way for me to get good against those characters if i were go to practice with them. D:

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
TSA Biweekly Results 2/17/07

Doubles

1. Woz2k
2. Gimp
3. NJ Connection
4. Tank
5. Pringles
5. Blood Lust
7. A cat is fine too
7. Too Good
9. TRNP + Brandon
9. The Wrath of Benny Hinn
9. Tech Skill
9. Nothing but knee
13. Tru
13. Bye
13. Anonymous
13. Trojans

Singles

1. Wes
2. Spammerer
3. Inui
4. Magus
5. Woz
5. Sensei
7. LK
7. Reik
9. Velocity
9. Eggm
9. Oora
9. CopyCat
13. SS
13. Muz
13. Dot
13. EJ
17. Fury
17. Trnp
17. AlexTriad
17. YoshiIsCool
17. CradMazy
17. DC Scribs
17. Mikeman
17. Jfox
25. Hazzy
25. Finest
25. Mog
25. Luck
25. Suicidefox
25. Mel
25. KevinW
25. Keitaro

The event lasted longer than usual because people were picky about TV's. Gah!

But it was a lot of fun, and the food was great. The next biweekly is canceled, so see everyone in 4 weeks!

P.S. - I need a new controller.

DCScribZ

Smash Apprentice
Myself, Oora, and Trnp had a hell of a good time yesterday. It was our first tournament, and we're hoping we can make it down for the next one. Everyone was really cool yesterday, and made the experience even better for us. Hope to see everyone at the next one we can get to.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Stop complaining Eggm, ****! You are overexagerrating with the whole" Everyone in NJ sandbags all the time". Now that people know the bi-weeklies will count towards rankings people will start to take it more seriously.

You know you could take matters into your own hands and go outside of Jersey to play. Or you could meet up with some of the better smashers in Jersey out side of the biweeklies for practice. Just a thought.

Reik

Smash Ace
JFox & Eggm: Stop it. You guys are making me blush. >.>
Inui: We didn't get to play one match. xD Btw, I think you should be ahead of me in the Power Rankings.
Spammerer: You are so good now!!
CheapNess/Finest: Ness dittos ftw.
M2K: I didn't get nearly enough matches with you. T_T It's all Muz's fault! :p
Wes: You're scary. You powershielded 90% of my lasers, lol. I'm just clueless on what to do against you. You're even harder for me to fight than M2K. xD
Magus: Thanks for playing friendlies with me and helping me learn the Jigglypuff matchup.

Does anyone have any advice for getting nervous in tournament matches? I'm really disappointed with how I crumble under pressure.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Does anyone have any advice for getting nervous in tournament matches? I'm really disappointed with how I crumble under pressure.
Eat recycled food. It's good for the environment, and okay for you.

But really. It's all about how you look at it. If you overthink it, "I have to win, I have to prove myself, this is a good player I'm versing, blah blah" you are going to play poorly because you are too nervous. You really just need to find that happy medium between being too nervous and too comfortable. It keeps you alert and your reaction speed high, while not letting you suffer the mistakes/bad play style changes of being nervous, or the lazy attitude and slow responses of being too comfortable with the match.

AthrunZala

Smash Journeyman
hey sorry i couldnt make it. my brother made the sectional tourny for wrestling and it was yesterday so i couldnt make it. sorry guys i will try to make the next one.

also good job to spammer.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
TSA Biweekly Results 2/17/07

Doubles

1. Woz2k
2. Gimp
3. NJ Connection
4. Tank
5. Pringles
5. Blood Lust
7. A cat is fine too
7. Too Good
9. TRNP + Brandon
9. The Wrath of Benny Hinn
9. Tech Skill
9. Nothing but knee
13. Tru
13. Bye
13. Anonymous
13. Trojans

Singles

1. Wes
2. Spammerer
3. Inui
4. Magus
5. Woz
5. Sensei
7. LK
7. Reik
9. Velocity
9. Eggm
9. Oora
9. CopyCat
13. SS
13. Muz
13. Dot
13. EJ
17. Fury
17. Trnp
17. AlexTriad
17. YoshiIsCool
17. CradMazy
17. DC Scribs
17. Mikeman
17. Jfox
25. Hazzy
25. Finest
25. Mog
25. Luck
25. Suicidefox
25. Mel
25. KevinW
25. Keitaro

The event lasted longer than usual because people were picky about TV's. Gah!

But it was a lot of fun, and the food was great. The next biweekly is canceled, so see everyone in 4 weeks!

P.S. - I need a new controller.
nice, Shoryuswordsman got 13th.
in 4 weeks maybe i may be good enough to enter.:laugh:

Inui

Banned via Warnings
teh_spamerer is way too good now!

WoZ is a beast.

Wes and LK are black and awesome.

LOL @ Eggm. Now do you see reality?

Sensei's Captain Falcon took my money! Rawr!

Reik is hawt stuff.

<3 Magus.

Defeated DC Scribs (Techchased his Falcon to death)
Defeated Eggm (LOL Peach)
Defeated Oora (Ganon dittos!)
Lost to Kashif (Too good)
Defeated WoZ (Sheik vs Fox mhmmm)
Defeated Magus (Sheik vs Jiggs...ugh...)
Lost to Kashif (Rawr!)

I had a pretty tough time getting 3rd. :3

Lord Knight

Smash Lord
Ya reiks awesome, and he helps you learn enjoys your matches and no johns, so great, lack of people like this is killing the game for me. And my crew members quitting D:. I need a reik that plays peach marth and sheik (my only bad matchups) so i can be complete unfortunately all the best marth/sheik/peach players in this area only sandbag/john during friendlies or pick other characters so theres no way for me to get good against those characters if i were go to practice with them. D:
STFU, most of the people you play in friendlies don't sandbag. The reason I personally never want to play friendlies against you is because I try to improve my game vs Falco by experimenting and trying new things in different situations, and sometimes you'd win, and then you decide to parade around the boards saying how you're "superior to me" and "only my IC's stand a chance". You can't say you don't john either since after the first match we had in tourney yesterday, you complained that the reason you lost was because there was no sound. WTF is that? You can't edgeguard Falco without sound. I react to sound. We were both handicapped. So when we switched TV's and I still you won you just went around johning. Quit being so ****ing hypocritical. I decided to go ONLY Marth vs you and I didn't counterpick or anything. You need to open your eyes and learn the difference when people are playing to learn and playing to win and quit being so cocky and complaining about using the BEST CHARACTER in the game. You complain and john about how I grab you and kill you instantly when it's my only option since you did about 60% in lasers a stock on my yesterday in tourney. No johns or gtfo.

I'm not a mean person but I had to say this.

EDIT: BTW my goal was only to have some combination of Magus/Spamerer/Inui/Me take you out in tourney. The moment I beat you I just pulled out.

Magus420

Smash Master
Had a lot of fun and lots of nice matches. Gimpin' ain't easy :pimp:

Would never have thought my Peach could make anyone nervous, Reik. At least you seemed to be alright when you beasted me in the first match when I went Jiggs, lol :teeth:. Next time I play your Falco though I'm making sure the volume isn't at full blast. Lasers are irritating enough to begin with :lick:. Didn't get to play any Ness matches tho =/

More like you defeated Green Greens. At least I know what to ban next time Inui you silly bitch =D

Good s*** Kashif. Sexy rest Spam ftw.

Didn't get those Zelda dittos with you WoZ :(

Nice finally meeting you Sensei. Our first match on Poke Stadium was simply amazing :psycho:

Unfinished matches with JFox makes Bowser sad

MikeMan445

Smash Journeyman
defeated inui
defeated spammer
defeated woz
defeated wes
defeated m2k even though he wasn't in the tourney
defeated PC even though he wasn't there
defeated captain jack

i had a long hard road to get to 17th

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
man spamerererer how good have you gotten? now you REALLY gotta teach me. and lk, dont worry about eggm, you are really good and he is new to this area so he doesnt know where players stand.
who were the people in the teams? woz2k = woz + ? gimp = magus + spamer?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Singles
1. Wes - DA
2. Spammerer - THP
3. Inui - THP
4. Magus - THP
5. Woz - TSA
5. Sensei - TSA
7. LK - THP
7. Reik - Tunes
9. Velocity - Wrath
9. Eggm - Tunes
9. Oora
9. CopyCat - TSA
13. SS
13. Muz - TSA
13. Dot - Wrath
13. EJ
17. Fury
17. Trnp
17. AlexTriad - Wrath
17. YoshiIsCool
17. CradMazy
17. DC Scribs
17. Mikeman
17. Jfox
25. Hazzy
25. Finest - TSA
25. Mog
25. Luck
25. Suicidefox
25. Mel
25. KevinW
25. Keitaro

What does this show?

Being in crews makes you a stronger player overall. People in known crews place higher.

So, to all you people not in crews, join one now! THP is open for new recruits, and so is TSA from what I know. :p

MikeMan445

Smash Journeyman
being in a crew is a nice luxury, but one that many can't afford

i'm so busy at work that if i were in a crew i'd probably be kicked out for inactivity. if you don't meet fairly regularly in a crew, what's the point?

i'll just keep doing what i'm doin. i don't care about placings, the world doesn't revolve around how good you are in a game. unless you're pc or ken, there's always someone who can say you suck. so what does it matter

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
Simply... awsome...

Hey what's up guys? Just stopping by to say thank you for the opportunity to participate in my first tourney. It was an awesome atmosphere. People were really cool and willing to help out in the learning experience all around. Made some easy friends too. Inui, it won't be the last time we cross Ganons :mad: ... lol. Looking forward to future Ganon fights bro.

Anyway, I'm hoping I made a decent impression. Oorah of team BloodLust punching out.

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
well, whats the rules... cause i do have college and work and all... but if it isnt TOO time consuming i would surely consider it.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I have college and work, too. I make time somehow. :p

There's not really any rules. You're just in the crew. You practice with us, team with us, crew battle with us, etc.

Where do you live, btw?

MikeMan445

Smash Journeyman
Hey what's up guys? Just stopping by to say thank you for the opportunity to participate in my first tourney. It was an awesome atmosphere. People were really cool and willing to help out in the learning experience all around. Made some easy friends too. Inui, it won't be the last time we cross Ganons :mad: ... lol. Looking forward to future Ganon fights bro.

Anyway, I'm hoping I made a decent impression. Oorah of team BloodLust punching out.
Dude, it was awesome meeting you. You're a really cool guy.

Definitely come to more of these things :-D For someone who's just entering the community, you're waaaaay better than I was when I first started. Rock on!

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
He lives in Bayonne, Inui. I don't think he'd want to drive about an hour or so to play with you.

Of course, TSA's meetings aren't as far from him and it's a hell of a lot of fun, because we're so incredible and tasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom