• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ - Grand Challenge 9/19/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
mine are DJ headphones, no noise canceling, but you don't need it. these puppies definitely will put out and you will be satisfied ;)

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/private_headphones_audiophile-headphones_005342
DJ Headphones are naturally noise-canceling, since the headphones cover your entire ear. Especially headphones with rubber ear pieces.

*Edit*

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...a:en-US:official&um=1&ei=V-mzSqHLN4_IMJK4xKUO

Basically the best pair of headphones I've ever had. Cost me 19.99. They don't make it anymore. I'm wondering if anyone would know of a good pair similar to these.

These headphones were at a 19.99 price tag, and **** on supposedly better quality bose, and sony at 150$+ price tags. <3

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
DJ Headphones are naturally noise-canceling, since the headphones cover your entire ear. Especially headphones with rubber ear pieces.
some cans (like the senn555s) don't cancel noise, and it's also possible for other people around you to hear.

i believe makers do this on purpose for some headphones as the sound quality is different from (true) noise canceling headphones--it creates an open sound stage effect that some prefer.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
i have sennheiser hd202's. for $30 they were waaaaaaay worth it.
I have the Sennheiser 280 Pro's. They are amazing. I use them for everything.

Next time you are on a long plane ride, pick up a set of those to use with your iPod to watch a movie or something. I swear, you can't even hear the plane. It's perfect. Omg, the headaches I spared myself when I realized I could bring those along...

I'm not going to make it this weekend, ya'll. I'm still sick, and UFC 103 is on this weekend, with the return of my boy Vitor Belfort, who I just finally met like 2 months ago at the UFC fan convention. I'm staying home to watch the fights and tend to my sickness. Good luck AZ!

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
some cans (like the senn555s) don't cancel noise, and it's also possible for other people around you to hear.

i believe makers do this on purpose for some headphones as the sound quality is different from (true) noise canceling headphones--it creates an open sound stage effect that some prefer.
noise-canceling is probably the wrong way to explain it. For example, when I'm wearing normal headphones, ear clips, etc I can hear all outside noise without any interference. However when wearing headphones that fully cover my ears, it muffles outside noise. Also when listening to music with them, outside noise is drowned out. Usually the only things I can hear are Harleys, and 18 wheelers.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
oakley thumps = the sexiest head fones/mp3 player ever... these r solid snake status cuz if they on and ur on a plane the flight attend dont know about it ^~^
Not to be rude, but you should work on your grammar. It took me like 3 times to figure out what you said. @_@

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I have the same problems with Miles in regard to spelling and grammar, online and when I'm actually talking to him in person.

Miles just sucks at everything though.

Oh and by the way, Miles pussed out again for Grand Challenge.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I have the same problems with Miles in regard to spelling and grammar, online and when I'm actually talking to him in person.

Miles just sucks at everything though.

Oh and by the way, Miles pussed out again for Grand Challenge.
Please tell me that you're arriving at AZC with his head on a pike.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I might be able to set up a live stream if my 3G card works over there. Don't know to much about them but if it gives us internet connection i would assume everything could be done right?

Slepten

Smash Apprentice
this sux, I think i'mma be late for sign ups

someone do me a favor and sign me up for melee/brawl singles haha

i'll pay you when i get there :p

hadesblade

Smash Lord
So were on the way...

/forgets gcube controllers... sorry left them at mom's house, so can't bring them... and not bringing capture card cuz kira's laptop got some trojen or something and now it doesn't work T_T

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
he is now since other people can't come since its raining on there side of town =\

edit: I need a partner now because one of our friends thats still coming was only going for doubles and his partner couldn't come so i told duffman to team up with him (there goes our doubles money =\) so anyone else interested? I got 9th at hobo 17 if that helps put a bit of credibility on my skill since i am kind of a random to the out side world.

Right now i'm top 3 in el paso as well and its kind of like a 3 way tie in skill or at least tied for 2nd lol. all of it sounds kind of useless unless you've played one of us but o well hopefully someone answers.

Slepten

Smash Apprentice
no really, someone should sign me up for brawl/melee singles so I'm not late

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
Tournament was awesome.. my first out of state was even more fun than i had imagined thanks for hosting forward, im excited to attend future regionals with all of you if i didnt get to play you im sorry, and i will try to play you next time, ggs to everyone i played... im glad i won the utah > new mexico (AKA the johns state) brawl :p the comments about that afterwords made by SOME of utah made me sad that you feel that way ;_: im glad the rest (6/9 ppl) of UT felt differently <.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom