• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Turnaround Charge Shot

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608

I haven't seen anybody talk about this or use it and thought it looked pretty useful. It could be used for retreating but what other ways could this be used effectively?

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
This is just a b-reversal of charge shot in the air. I've been using this for a while, most notable instance is in my 3DS highlight reel which some other users were discussing in the gameplay thread. Check it out in action here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9zWDXKDj_o#t=50s

On the ground there's something similar, perfect pivot charge shot, which gives you slightly better spacing to let it rip, or to give you some breathing room to charge incrementally (then cancel into shield).

Bobert

NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
This is just a b-reversal of charge shot in the air. I've been using this for a while, most notable instance is in my 3DS highlight reel which some other users were discussing in the gameplay thread. Check it out in action here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9zWDXKDj_o#t=50s

On the ground there's something similar, perfect pivot charge shot, which gives you slightly better spacing to let it rip, or to give you some breathing room to charge incrementally (then cancel into shield).
Isn't it a "Turnaround-B" because it doesn't change the direction of your air momentum like a B-Reversal? I use the perfect pivot charge shot a lot myself. Great highlight video also.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Semantically you might be right, it has been years since I touched brawl so I might have mixed up terms like b-reversal, wavebounce, etc. In any case, to answer your original question, it's useful in sniping from the ledge unexpectedly. Have you come across any other applications?

Bobert

NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Semantically you might be right, it has been years since I touched brawl so I might have mixed up terms like b-reversal, wavebounce, etc. In any case, to answer your original question, it's useful in sniping from the ledge unexpectedly. Have you come across any other applications?
Using it after bair has worked pretty well for me or as a surprise attack from the air. They usually don't expect a Samus to spin around in the air and blast them with a full power charge shot.

Top Bottom