• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

turnips of DOOM

nigam

Smash Cadet
hey i need help with peach i mean i can cg,wb,shdf and all that stuff but i dont know how to get around all of her turnips when she justs spams the **** outa them and he down smash she gets close to me when she does it and i have to shild and she keeps doing it until it hits me, and she edgegaurdes that move like a ***** so do u have any advice to stop these thinks and any advise that just wreaks peach besides cging

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
fade pretty much covered it all. fair while recovering to get rid of the turnips.
on the ground, if she throws turnips at you then you could always grab them and chuck 'em back...and if your shield doesn't work, use Counter.

Imperial Wraith

Smash Journeyman
Actually, try not to catch them. Marths throw is horrible, and it limits his options severely.
And as for counter, im not sure but I think the turnips can occasionally hit you anyway, so its kinda a "meh" option.

Fair > Turnips, you just have to keep that in mind.

flaco

The Terminator
just hit with the a move and they will desipear or they won't do nothing to you until you get close to her or grab them and throw them back thtas all

leefan

Smash Cadet
hm... peach does have lag after and while pulling turnips, so fair to stop the first, and you can prolly fair again. and if you're lucky, you may even pull a ken combo on her =)

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
When the Peach starts spamming turnips just hit'em, watch out for when he/she pulls out Bob-ombs.
Also counter ONLY in the AIR!! So sorry if was mean or lame.

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
Play defensive and just do Fairs to stop the turnips in air. or use Nairs/ marths standard a and wait for the peach to approach you.
exactly. or you can just time it right and use a standing a attack. *his rapid swipes. just use one at a time so you don't leave yourself open*

and if they just try to sneak in, when they start getting in close, shffl some aerials, maybe even do a sidestep or roll, then grab peach. shouldn't be a problem really. if necessary you also have your down b, but don't use it too often as you'll become predictable with it.

hope it helps.

$ick

Smash Lord
I think my tactic against the turnips isn't too popular, but I usually just stand there and catch them. (Not every single time of course, changing it up is a must) Peach uses turnips pretty much purely to put you where she wants you or to approach, so not moving and catching it and just instantly throwing it back can mess up their approach. And fair is very friendly.

Top Bottom