• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TV Advice

Sonward

Smash Cadet
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-KF-50WE610-50-Inch-HDTV-Ready-Projection/dp/B0000E3DQE

This is an old sony tv I have that I wanted to know if it was legit and didn't have lag on it. I appears to be fine to me but I figured somebody would know on here better than me since I haven't been playing for a while.

Some other specs on this tv are ~120V 60Hz 210Wmax, model number KF-50WE610.

I wanted to know also what is the best tv or monitor to get to play the game to its fullest potential, having the best picture and sound as well as no lag?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
The best TV is going to be a CRT with composite or component input. CRTs have absolutely no lag and you can get them up to a decent size screen (not HD), but the only problem is they take up a lot of space. Any LCDs have lag, just varying amounts. Your best sound option would be buying your own speaker system because normal CRTs usually don't have very good speakers, but it depends on how high-quality you want the sound. Also, you wouldn't want to play Melee in HD because it was made to display in SD. It will work properly, but I'm not sure how it would effect responsiveness.

The best option is a CRT TV because it won't lag. you can buy one at a thrift store for like $5

If you must have a gaming monitor, try one of the ones listed here http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/
Manufacturers don't advertise their display's lags so you'll have to do the research on your own, if anyone even measured its lag. you'll also need a Wii2HDMI or component-to-HDMI adapter to play Melee on them which will cost an extra $60 or so

Melee displays in up to 480p which looks better than 480i, but not by much

Narpas_sword

crt's have no lag causes by scaling image.

Theres still a delay between pressing a button and **** happening on the screen.

Lean forward in your seat to get the early light, cut off those Milliseconds.

Top Bottom