• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twilight Brawler-A Link "combo" video

lorddave551

Smash Apprentice
I've taken a lot of flak for calling it a combo video and i can see their point. Link doesn't really have set combos like he did in melee so its more like a gameplay video. I only put combo in the title so people have a general idea what it is. This was done in a bit of rush and it was my first time using movie maker so i doubt the editing will be good compared to what other people can do. I plan to make another so leave general feedback so i know what to improve next time. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfASZ2CNB-I

eMORAY21

Smash Journeyman
Not bad, but I play toon link and I've no idea why you don't. In every way in which link fails, (for example his recovery) TL seems to be awesome. Also your opps don't seem to be very good either, you should up your opponents.

billywill

Smash Journeyman
Not bad, but I play toon link and I've no idea why you don't. In every way in which link fails, (for example his recovery) TL seems to be awesome. Also your opps don't seem to be very good either, you should up your opponents.
It all up to his personal preference, maybe he prefers Twilight Link

Anyway nice vid

orintemple

Smash Lord
Nice Link. I wouldn't say you are great but you are definitely not bad. :)

That intro was the sex though. Twilight Princess Master Sword scene FTW!

FakeKraid

Smash Apprentice
Um...well...I don't want to sound mean or negative...but those were basically just clips from matches. All against people who don't know how to air dodge, apparently. I'm not saying you were bad or anything. I especially liked your use of the grapple in the air as an approach. But there wasn't anything in there I would describe as sick. Have you considered just posting matches instead? I mean until you build up a better collection of clips. And learn to DLX cancel Link's up smash. It adds a whole new dimension to his approach and pursuit game.
In all fairness, I should say that I haven's seen any "gameplay" video that has impressed me at all yet, so bear that in mind.
By the way, don't listen to eMORAY. As far as I can tell, while Toon Link may beat Link in the air, Link totally has Toon Link whipped on the ground. And his projectiles are better. I'm not saying anything about tiers, only that playing Link is not a waste of time.
Oh yes, and as for editing, that video should only have been six minutes long. There was a lot of dead space in it. You could have compressed the worthwhile content (and there was worthwhile content there) much more to make a better video.
Please don't think I'm flaming you. This is all meant as constructive criticism.

lorddave551

Smash Apprentice
ya thats all fine, i need criticism. I already mastered links dlx cancel and i actually have footage of it on my harddrive now. Just need to upload it.

FakeKraid

Smash Apprentice
That's cool, man. Isn't it messed up how much it improves his approach and move flow? I love it. Actually, I'm a Link player too, though I didn't mention it. And by far the most important criticism I gave you was the dead time problem, which has nothing to do with your playing.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Finally someone who uses the Zair... i love doing it with samus (haha) but hers has much more range, but links has 2 hits i think, anyways nice combo vid... think about submitting it in my thread....

Hyrus

Smash Journeyman
Um...well...I don't want to sound mean or negative...but those were basically just clips from matches. All against people who don't know how to air dodge, apparently.
And getting a down air off on a large character, i.e. Charizard, isn't a feat. I liked the fluidity of action, but a shield or a dodge would have messed that all up.

Top Bottom