• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twin Christmas Parties 3+4 Mafia {The Matryoshka Scandal.} ~ Over! Who had the merriest Christmas? Who got lumps of coal?

Kantrip

Kantplay
I have to agree with Swords on this one, Kary. You are seriously saying you have no scum-reads whatsoever besides OS? There was nothing that stuck out to you throughout the entire game-phase?
J and OS scum gg

Kantrip

Kantplay
J is scum x1000

Interaction with soup he was scummy.
"I'm weird out by July ignoring my posts" was scummy.
Interactions with OS were scummy (serious about them being partners btw).
Calling Kary scum was scummy.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Probably am and I should probably be taking this seriously, but could you tell me why what I'm saying is a foot-in-mouth situation?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
You were the only investigative to have flipped and didn't get to play the game really. Plus the thing is you can help shed some light on things with your ability which we desperately need at this point.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Bardull, this is my result:

Kary is a female. That's all I got for him.
Like I said, I inspect during the day and get results in twilight.

Oh wait, DUH! July didn't know about my role modifier Night 3, which makes it so that any ability besides abilities that can kill me will fail. July never successfully protected me, which is why she was still poisoned.
Swords, why did you check July? Also, why do you believe that July not successfully protecting you = her modifier not being fulfilled? (It doesn't say anything about a success/failure)

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Vote: Circus

I haven't felt more sure about a scum read in my entire life.

J, Kantrip not really playing the game doesn't necessarily make him the best choice, does it? o.O

I think we should just start hardbodying, starting with Circus/JTB > OS > PJB/Kary. I'm pretty sure we win as long as we do that.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
The reason why I want Circus is because his pushing of RR was mere policy and it smelled of complete bull ****. Circus could not draw the line for RRscum and pretty much accepted that he was pushing RR on policy. Worst decision ever and I don't think TownCircus would have done that.

The fact remains that RR had no reason to claim the way he did as Mafia because he wasn't making any kind of endgame play and with 11 players alive it surely wasn't LyLo.

Also, Circus said he "did not want us to aim for JTB which seemed like a reckless move" when JTB is a useless slot that pretty much has to be PoE scum.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
In this setting, Bardull, it does. The flavour just got revealed, then he dies before even getting to use his ability/power. Plus he has the sole investigative flip which made him the best candidate.

I'm fine with a Circus lynch, just give me a second to re-read a few things.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Me being an investigative doesn't help when I've been dead all game and won't have results for it. In MyLo that doesn't really help because if we lynch wrong I don't even get to bring another result to the table.

Why didn't you bring me back earlier?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Ok, I figured as much. No offense to Kantrip by saying this though, but I feel like July was probably better to keep around because her role is super OP in this set up and we'd probably be able to win off sheer numbers because of it. XD

Anyway, to pile up more on the Circus dealio, Circus' reaction to my play was pretty grimy considering he was trying hard to undermine me and call me "dumb" instead of trying to read my slot and work with me...it just felt too antagonistic.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'm going to just claim now since I haven't done anything this game and really have no reason to stall it.

I'm Naoki Konishi, Town Sadsack. I don't have any abilities, but at the start of each day, I mope to myself and consider the state of the game in a series of "what ifs".

I can outline what each night has said if people want it, but for the most part they have been like what I got at the end of last night.

If I am to consider my what ifs to be true, there are 4-5 scum left in the game, the poisoner is still alive, and someone can still have their alignment changed. It ends with me thinking about what my friend Narukami-san would do if he was in my position.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
If we are to consider the above true and believe JTB, here is the info we are left with.

Circus
Overswarm
Ranmaru
Sworddancer.
Private-Joker Brown
BarDulL
Kary

Hypothetically from my eyes, if I were to believe JTB, the pool of people to hold 4-5 scum would be here. Now I have 100% no doubt in my mind Ranmaru is town. Swords would be a good town read of mine I'm not will to part with and same with Bardull which leaves me this group.

Circus
Overswarm
PBJ
Kary

And if JTB's info is correct then someone can have their alignment changed may be a result of the inquisitor mumbo jumbo.

However, all this is hypothetical and JTB could still be scum with similar information. Anyways, back to speculation and reading.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
However, let's play around a bit more. Sword's/RR's info would have cleared OS from being Mafia so that would mean the only way OS could be scum would be if he had something to do with the inquisitor. And last night, we only had July die. OS could could have won unless there are other stipulations to his supposed indy role. But that seems unlikely. So unless my town-reads are wrong on Swords/Bardull, then this doesn't work and I have a really hard time seeing Swords/Bardull as scum.

The thing that works is that Circus/PBJ/Kary does make sense as scum. Grrrr, JTB, why couldn't you have played which would have made this info easier to tell whether it is false or true.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I don't believe that both Kary/PJB are scum tbqh. Just a feel. PJB hasn't been doing much though ;/ also hate his willingness to hammer RR even though I feel the anti-town RR case was more compelling than the scum one...

:phone:

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Swords, why did you check July? Also, why do you believe that July not successfully protecting you = her modifier not being fulfilled? (It doesn't say anything about a success/failure)
Because some people were still suspicious of July even after her claim, and I was under the impression that mafia is limited to poison. If I could have caught the poisoner targeting July then we would of had her in the clear for a Day.

Since nothing but killing abilities can target me, I'm just assuming that all of July's role modifiers wouldn't effect me.

J needs to stop making me doubt my town read on him. Bad hop plus preemptive soft claim. J I think that I'll be fine with you claiming earlier now tbh, especially after you already committed yourself to that soft reviver claim.

#HBC | Dancer

Bardull let me play devil's advocate. Would mafia Circus say something that could be interperted as blatantly anti-town as "I don't even care if RR is town anymore?"

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Soft..reviver..claim...? Uhm dude, Kanty's back from the dead. That's anything but soft bro.

#HBC | Dancer

What bad hop are you talking about by the way?
Kary. I actually liked his reactions to me but I felt that you were trying to keep it up for something generic (him not having any reads despite the fact that we already went over it).

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Bardull let me play devil's advocate. Would mafia Circus say something that could be interperted as blatantly anti-town as "I don't even care if RR is town anymore?"
I honestly don't think he would do it as Town. It just doesn't make sense to throw your hands up into the air wrt RR and lynch him on policy...like, if the objective is to lynch scum, then obviously you should care about whether or not RR is Town, right?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Kary. I actually liked his reactions to me but I felt that you were trying to keep it up for something generic (him not having any reads despite the fact that we already went over it).
What? I was merely agreeing with you because it is odd to not have a single other scum-read at this point in time. Plus it was just a simple question and not necessarily a push.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Sorry for not being around, guys. I'll prolly be around for awhile tomorrow (Mon), but I'm always gone on Tuesdays. Promise to get fully in it on Wed.

Right now I'm looking at JTB's claim, and all it is, is that he gives us info that scum would know anyway. Kind of fishy.

I'm also looking at J wrt his interaction with Kary. It's not quite as bad as before, but it kind of seems like he's reaching again. Kary just seems like Kary to me.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Sorry for not being around, guys. I'll prolly be around for awhile tomorrow (Mon), but I'm always gone on Tuesdays. Promise to get fully in it on Wed.

Right now I'm looking at JTB's claim, and all it is, is that he gives us info that scum would know anyway. Kind of fishy.

I'm also looking at J wrt his interaction with Kary. It's not quite as bad as before, but it kind of seems like he's reaching again. Kary just seems like Kary to me.
J just revived Kantrip. You think J is some kind of mafia 1-shot reviver? Why not just save his ability for endgame?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I've skimmed the posts since Day start and I clearly have a lot to get to.

Bardull, try to see reason. It's mylo. I'm not scum. Unvote me. My claim will prove my innocence, but I want to get some claims from other people before I give the full reveal. Namely, yours and J's. I expect resistance on this and am willing to compromise by giving you my name and role, but not my Night actions until after I get claims from you and J.

Reading back to see if there's anything specific I want to respond to immediately.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Here, busy, sorry for inactivity so on and so forth. If we're doing mass claim then Sworddancer chooses the order imo.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
You were the only investigative to have flipped and didn't get to play the game really. Plus the thing is you can help shed some light on things with your ability which we desperately need at this point.
J, this is painful. Kantrip was probably one of the worst roles you could have picked to revive. The fact that he died N1 means that he never got to use his ability (maybe N1 was successful; we don't know yet), and means that he's one of the dead players that has the most catching up to do, since he probably stopped following this game pretty much right when he died.

If you were looking to bring back a useful role, why not the poison doctor since we're still clearly dealing with a poisoner in this game? If you wanted a player that could actually contribute and scumhunt intelligently, why didn't you pick a more recently deceased player? Like July? Someone who would still have their head in the game?

I honestly don't believe you revived Kantrip because you thought we would benefit from his return (no offense, Kantrip). Yeah, we've got one more townie back, but we're probably still in mylo so we're not really any safer than we were before you revived him. In addition, you didn't revive a player that could actually help to buy us time. It seems like you just wanted to revive a player because doing so would make you look good, and then specifically chose to bring back Kantrip because he would be of the least actual use.

I really, really want your claim.

The reason why I want Circus is because his pushing of RR was mere policy and it smelled of complete bull ****. Circus could not draw the line for RRscum and pretty much accepted that he was pushing RR on policy. Worst decision ever and I don't think TownCircus would have done that.
That is blatantly untrue and anyone who actually bothered to read and understand my big post toward the end of yesterDay would be able to see that. I'm sick of listening to you bang this drum, Bardull. You tried to drag my name through the mud like this yesterDay, I defended my stance (which I still stand by; Red Ryu was the most sensible lynch yesterDay), and now you're carrying on as if I didn't already defeat these points. Plugging your ears and screeching for my head is not the way to play mylo if you're town.

I really, really want you claim.

Anyway, to pile up more on the Circus dealio, Circus' reaction to my play was pretty grimy considering he was trying hard to undermine me and call me "dumb" instead of trying to read my slot and work with me...it just felt too antagonistic.
Jesus, you sound like Soup. "You're just so mean, Circus! Why don't you want to work with anyone?"

I do want to work with people. But it's difficult when the people I have to work with are being dumb (yes, I just called you dumb again) and not looking at the game with a practical eye. I mean, I'm talking to someone who just voted less than 24 hours into mylo before a mass claim has even been settled. We're probably already ****ed.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Overswarm, you better be here toDay. I don't know what your excuse for the inactivity has been other than "holidays last forever," but we need all hands on deck now.

#HBC | Dancer

I am a bit paranoid about my town reads right now. It would be easy to just lynch JTB/Kary/PJB/Circus, but doing so would be lazy.

Reviver is most likely a town role, but J's choice of who to revive plus his anxiousness to claim make me paranoid. I guess I could understand claiming since we're mass claiming anyways, but still, no one wanted him to go first. That said, I'll still take PJB a 1000 times over J, and I'll even take Circus over J at this point.

@Bardull: Well, taking that one thing in a vacuum, yes.

I understand your PoV. "Why would a townie in his right mind ever think like this?" "Why would they not care about rather or not someone was townie at that point?" These are good questions. However, you have to understand that I tend to think from the perspective of what scum would want. I put a lot of emphasis on this, even more so than the thought of "Is this logical for a townie to do?" Hell, tbh I think that I do the majority of my scumhunting that way.

Understand that scum are painfully aware of how they present themselves. Understanding this, and ask yourself, "Would a scum Circus say something like 'I don't even care if RR is town.'?"

Don't get me wrong, it's a terrible mindset for Circus to have, but it's really hard to say that it's a scummy one.

Top Bottom