• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Two Players: Same Character, Same Color---SNAPSHOTS UP---REPLAY COMING SOON

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Yesterday, I was playing Brawl with my friend. He chooses his main, Red Meta-Knight, and I choose Random, as I usually do. We hit random stage and find ourselves on Corneria when we notice something: We're both Red Meta Knight. We were greatly confused as to who was who, and decided to take a bunch of snapshots of us both and obviously saved a replay. This was very strange to us, and we are just wondering your take on it.

EDIT: Snapshots Up!

In the second picture, the right Meta Knight is lighter tinted only because he has the Final Smash. He is not that was throughout the match.

Riodsey

Smash Cadet
That also happened to me, but with Link.
I never played with Link, just tried with him the first time and picked the white color, and my friend picked Random. Right at the start I thinked I was him and did a instantly suicide move. The bad thing was that it was FFA so, me and him suicied a few times, going off the edge thinking we were the other one. Was very funny, shame that it was more than 3 minutes and couldn't save the replay.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
When you do Random, you can end up being the same character as your opponent and having the same color.

It's happened with a random Lucas to me, and maybe someone else but I forget :p

It's not that big of a deal, right?

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
When you do Random, you can end up being the same character as your opponent and having the same color.

It's happened with a random Lucas to me, and maybe someone else but I forget :p

It's not that big of a deal, right?
I just think it's a bit odd that Red Meta-Knight wasn't taken out of the pool of character/color combinations, is all.

Egret

Smash Journeyman
2chars1color

It will be a new sensation.

For those who don't know this is something easily done in melee with everyone but kirby.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I actually find this funny.

I hope people (The reason I rarely post in General Brawl anymore -_-)don't take this as "OMGZ ANOTHER BRAWL PROBLEM GLITCH THIS GAME SUCKS"

But anyway, this rarely happens. What is the chance of your Normal Mario and going against another Normal Mario when you have to account all the characters, their alts, and Mario's other cotumes when you choose Random. That 2x Red Meta Knight was just a lucky thing that happened.

And I so expected a Same Characters, Same Color FINAL DESTINATION the 1st time i saw the 1st few words.

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
Don't be angry. I can just see that it's a photoshop.
You're stupid. First, you can't say for sure it's a photoshop. Second, even if his story was a lie, why would he have done that ? To get the fame from finding a bug ? And finally, two other people in this thread said it happened to them too.
Stop being so aggressive.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Wow, what are the chances of that?!

The possibilites of snapshots I could take if I could control those odds...

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
For those who don't know this is something easily done in melee with everyone but kirby.
I assume you're talking about this? This is a completely different situation. In Melee, it was just something to do with slight of hand; decided by the player, not the game. In my situation, the game's random gave me the same color as a character already decided upon. Human error vs. machine error.

Gyumi

Smash Cadet
Nice XD

I have had that happen to me in quite a few games other than brawl by picking Random.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Similar thing happens in Wifi, friend of mine and I both happened to choose Pink Luigi
It's a running joke between us
at the same match without telling each other.

Also while playing with anyone, I used my normal White Marth costume and someone else did as well, for some reason the game didn't bother to...maybe adjust the way my Brawl game displays it to make the other Marth look like...the normal color or something...I dunno...
When my posts stop making sense and get as brutal as this one, that's a sign that I need sleep XD

Marie_54

Smash Ace
LOL thats so funny! I was playing in wifi against random people and 2 chose the same Link, it wasn't random so one had a lighter tint and the light Link commited suicide twice and i started taunting or doing something stupid.

Egret

Smash Journeyman
I assume you're talking about this? This is a completely different situation. In Melee, it was just something to do with slight of hand; decided by the player, not the game. In my situation, the game's random gave me the same color as a character already decided upon. Human error vs. machine error.
Well yes ovbiously melee didn't have a random slot. But it does produce the same interesting aesthetic situation. I don't know which you're identifying as human error as there's no error on the part of the humans when it's done in melee.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
HAHAHA!

Ironically, this happened to me a long time ago, and I saved the pic too.

InfiniteSmash1221

Smash Cadet
this happened to me and my friend before also, we were both the same colored marth. He chose him because he's his main, and i just picked random. Pretty funny, especially since i spent 1/4th of the match mistaking myself as him.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I have an idea.
If you can get 4 people online....
all thge same char....
all the same color....
What color would the 4th Player be? Would it be even lighter? Even darker? No color change?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I've also had this happen with normal-colored Lucario. Random is likely essential for this to work.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
You seem to be misunderstanding us. Upload the replay file, not a video. Just the data.

This means copying it from an SD card.
You seem to be misunderstanding me. I have no way of doing that. There is no way to transfer replays to actual videos that a computer can read. It's been done for snapshots, but no one's been able to do it with replays yet.

Shining Blitz

Smash Apprentice
Ugh. We know you can't put up a video, because it isn't a video file; it's instructions for the game. But you can put the instruction file up for someone with a capture card, so they can make it a video.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Ah. I feel stupid. Me no talk now, hurts earballs.

Alright, I have the file, how would I load it here so you can put it on your SD card?

Wolfang

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that must've sucked. It's almost funny, except the part when you both blink as you dodge past each other at the end of the stage.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Wow, that must've sucked. It's almost funny, except the part when you both blink as you dodge past each other at the end of the stage.
Yeah, the first 20 seconds of the match we were running around all confused because we thought we were the other character.

Top Bottom